Mutiny Within  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Mutiny Within
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
MutinyWithin
A.J.

Ask The Band

Have any questions? Ask us below...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
InDrumsITrust

To chikoo? or Not too chikoo?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
MutinyWithin
A.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDrumsITrust View Post
To chikoo? or Not too chikoo?
Chikoo!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

As it's December now... Favourite album(s) released this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old December 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
MutinyWithin
A.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
Scar Symmetry - "Holographic Universe"
In Flames - "A Sense Of Purpose"
Trivium - "Shogun"
All That Remains - "Overcome"
Slipknot - "All Hope Is Gone"
Children Of Bodom - "Blooddrunk"
All Shall Perish - "Awaken The Dreamers"
Opeth - "Watershed"
Textures - "Silhouettes"
Cradle Of Filth - "Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder"
Arsis - "We Are The Nightmare"
Kalmah - "For The Revolution"
Heaven Shall Burn - "Iconoclast"
Brain Drill - "Apocalyptic Feasting"
Meshuggah - "obZen"
Mercenary - "Architect Of Lies"
After The Burial - "Rareform"
Norther - "N"
Protest The Hero - "Fortress"
Unearth - "The March"

Last edited by MutinyWithin : December 27th, 2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

Mmmm Scar Symmetry, Opeth, Arsis, Protest, Kalmah... excellent choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
COBHCShredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusionist View Post
Hey man!

It's not too serious with the gear. We've got a simple Mbox 2. The money is in the computer and speakers. We have 2 KRK Rokit 8's and a KRK Rockit 10" sub. The computer is a Quad Core 4 gig ram, 750gig HD with a 22" monitor. I figured investing in the machine was better than investing in external gear at this time. Pretty simple setup, just a lot of money in the computer and speakers . And thanks for the comments on the sound. I rarely get anyone mentioning it and I spend days on each song, and hours mixing lol.

-Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinyWithin View Post
Yo bro,

You're the man! Thanks again for the compliments.

Regarding the writing process, for the songs I've written, I usually don't have a general outline as a first draft. I'll take each part as far as I can before moving on. Step by step, ya know? Otherwise, it's hard for me to get excited about a song that I'm working on. Writing 1 great part is much more satisfying for me than writing 5 mediocre parts.

As far as inspiration goes, I try to listen to different types of music. I'll blast my Bodom CD's as much as the next metalhead, but after a while of that same influence, my writing will naturally become redundant. There is nothing wrong with turning to different genres of music for ideas. Once you can get past the fact that it's not metal, you'll begin to find that most musical ideas can be applied to metal.

Lastly, when we play MA, I wanna see you rockin' out at the gate! Thanks again for your support, please continue to ask us any other questions you might have.

-AJ
Yo, What's up guys? It's Dednightwarriorx from the smnnews forum.

Chris,

Thank's for answering my questions about the gear! I'll have to check that stuff out, I was looking into getting an Mbox already so it seems like that'd be a good way to go. And you're welcome about the comments on the sound! How long did it take you to get around pro tools and learn how to use it all that well?

AJ,

You're the man too! You're welcome about the compliments!

Thank's for the songwriting tips, I'll have to try some of that stuff out. I listen to more than just metal as it is right now but I'll have to start analyzing other styles and try out some new ideas. My writing did start to get a little redundant so this explains it and should be a great help!

Thank's again for answering my questions!

See you at the barrier,
Joe
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
InDrumsITrust

Fuckin right too CHIKOO! awesomeness guys! Good albums too, Scar Symmetry excellent! what about the Born of Osirus tho???
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
MutinyWithin
A.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDrumsITrust View Post
Fuckin right too CHIKOO! awesomeness guys! Good albums too, Scar Symmetry excellent! what about the Born of Osirus tho???
Born Of Osiris is fucking amazing, nice taste! But that's our list of favorites released this year, BoO was '07.

Last edited by MutinyWithin : December 6th, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Guy_in_a_band357
Jeff - Mutiny Within

Quote:
Not really too many personal favorites from this year.

Hopefully '09 will bring the noise! Hoping for a new necrophagist album!

Last edited by Guy_in_a_band357 : December 6th, 2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
TheIllusionist
Chris Clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHCShredder View Post
Yo, What's up guys? It's Dednightwarriorx from the smnnews forum.

Chris,

Thank's for answering my questions about the gear! I'll have to check that stuff out, I was looking into getting an Mbox already so it seems like that'd be a good way to go. And you're welcome about the comments on the sound! How long did it take you to get around pro tools and learn how to use it all that well?

AJ,

You're the man too! You're welcome about the compliments!

Thank's for the songwriting tips, I'll have to try some of that stuff out. I listen to more than just metal as it is right now but I'll have to start analyzing other styles and try out some new ideas. My writing did start to get a little redundant so this explains it and should be a great help!

Thank's again for answering my questions!

See you at the barrier,
Joe
Hey bud!

It took me about 2 years to get my head around Pro Tools. I've been mixing for about a year properly and previous to that i've spend about 6 years playing around with things. I did a course at uni for music tech originally but it was a total waste of time so I just sat at home and taught myself lol.

Hardest thing is learning how to use the effects properly. I started off coating everything in reverb, making the guitars sound really scooped etc and you can't hear shit. So it's learning to make everything work as a balance. Mbox is the way to go man . Start off with that and you'll be all good.

Thanks for following us to this forum!
-Chris
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Overburdened590
Brandon - Mutiny Within

Quote:
Yo yo! One of my favorite albums this year is After the Burial - "Rareform". Also, #5 on the new All Shall Perish album is heavy as hell. I'm just in that heavy sort of mood lately, if ya know what I mean lol.

Last edited by Overburdened590 : December 13th, 2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
DropKickDrew
Drew - Mutiny Within

Hey I recon, you guys have been up to something!!!!!
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
COBHCShredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusionist View Post
Hey bud!

It took me about 2 years to get my head around Pro Tools. I've been mixing for about a year properly and previous to that i've spend about 6 years playing around with things. I did a course at uni for music tech originally but it was a total waste of time so I just sat at home and taught myself lol.

Hardest thing is learning how to use the effects properly. I started off coating everything in reverb, making the guitars sound really scooped etc and you can't hear shit. So it's learning to make everything work as a balance. Mbox is the way to go man . Start off with that and you'll be all good.

Thanks for following us to this forum!
-Chris

Hey Man,

Oh wow so you've had some pretty good time getting used to the program and everything. Thanks for the tips I'm gonna have to grab myself an mbox for sure now! Did you use any books or anything like that to help you out? If I have any other questions I'll let you guys know.

Keep it rockin,
Joe
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
chaosofanthrax
the sick and brutal one

hey guys have a ep or any songs to download to hold us over until the album comes out???
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
MutinyWithin
A.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosofanthrax View Post
hey guys have a ep or any songs to download to hold us over until the album comes out???
Hey,

Thanks for your interest! Our debut album is set for release in the summer of '09. Until then, our songs are only available for streaming on our Myspace page or our Roadrunner Records artist page. Hopefully we'll get something released before the debut. Keep checking in!
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
TheIllusionist
Chris Clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHCShredder View Post
Hey Man,

Oh wow so you've had some pretty good time getting used to the program and everything. Thanks for the tips I'm gonna have to grab myself an mbox for sure now! Did you use any books or anything like that to help you out? If I have any other questions I'll let you guys know.

Keep it rockin,
Joe
Yeah mbox's are cool. They do everything you'll need. I didn't use any books really, I just spent a long time playing around with things, but I did buy this book recently as some of the guys in the band are interested in learning some stuff: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Tools-LE-and...3A1%7C294%3A50 I didn't pay that much tho I got it for about $10 used.

-Chris
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
COBHCShredder

Quote:
Yeah mbox's are cool. They do everything you'll need. I didn't use any books really, I just spent a long time playing around with things, but I did buy this book recently as some of the guys in the band are interested in learning some stuff: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Tools-LE-and...3A1%7C294%3A50 I didn't pay that much tho I got it for about $10 used.

-Chris
Awesome, I'll check it out and maybe I'll have to pick one up. Thanks!

Good luck in the studio!

-Joe
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
orcslayr23
Hero of the Orcs

Hey guys i've been a fan of yours since Andrew did bass and vocals. My question is (i know its really early and you're just hitting the studio) but have you guys thought about what song you want to be your debut single?

and is My Eyes In The Fire going to be on the debut?

oh, and do you still talk to Samus, your ex drummer?

okay i lied, three questions

good luck in the studio, i can't wait to buy your full length, you guys are totally going to take the metal world by storm.
-Sean

ORCumentary is an ideal fusion of folk, power, and death metal with heaping helpings of violence, humor, and orcs!

Get the new single "Into Their Cavernous Hole We Plunge" for free: http://orcumentary.bandcamp.com/trac...-free-download
Old December 16th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
MutinyWithin
A.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcslayr23 View Post
Hey guys i've been a fan of yours since Andrew did bass and vocals. My question is (i know its really early and you're just hitting the studio) but have you guys thought about what song you want to be your debut single?

and is My Eyes In The Fire going to be on the debut?

oh, and do you still talk to Samus, your ex drummer?

okay i lied, three questions

good luck in the studio, i can't wait to buy your full length, you guys are totally going to take the metal world by storm.
-Sean
Hey Sean,

Thanks for the questions!

Not sure about the songs for the album, this is our 2nd day in Florida and we're working with Jason to pick the best ones.

And yes, I still talk to Sam. I try and keep in touch with everyone that's been involved with the band over the years.

Thanks for the kind words and support, talk soon man.

-AJ
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
MasqueReaper
Paradise Lost...OH SHIT!!

I love your band, have been a fan for years. I also have 3 questions for you guys:

1. Are you, or are you not aware that you are way better than Dragonforce? I mean if you are using a single real guitar on your album you are automatically better than Dragonfarce, whose music is about as real as Britney Spears' boobs.

2. Does Drew have any plans for a nude photo shoot? If so, will Ian be his fluffer?

3. Why does it burn when I pee? And does it mean anything if there is a yellow-greenish discharge sometimes? Can Mutiny Within's music cure Gonorrhea?
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
COBHCShredder

Yo what's up guys?

Its been awhile, how's everything looking for the album? When do you think we'll get an update?

-Joe
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
TheIllusionist
Chris Clancy

Hey,

Well we've kept quiet about the situation until we get some solid news. To cut a long story short, we left Audiohammer studios as we weren't getting what the album needed. It was going in the wrong direction and Jason's ideas conflicted with ours. We have everything tracked apart from keyboards and vocals. I'm currently demoing vocals on the tracks for the label, and we're hoping to go down to near Miami to work with Jason Bieler (Nonpoint, Sikth, Skindred) in early April. The album is going to be set back quite some time, but as upset as we are about that, it's worth it to make sure it comes out the way we want. The way it was starting to sound just wasn't what we're about and didn't represent our vision of the band.

We've done a lot of work in our basic studio here in NJ over the last few months and we've got the songs in a good shape to take down to Florida and we're gonna make this album the way we want.

Sorry about the lack of updates, it's been a bit of a sensitive issue with leaving the studio etc. There will be an official update as soon as the studio date is booked and we'll make announcements then etc.

Thanks for asking!
Chris
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
COBHCShredder

Quote:
Hey,

Well we've kept quiet about the situation until we get some solid news. To cut a long story short, we left Audiohammer studios as we weren't getting what the album needed. It was going in the wrong direction and Jason's ideas conflicted with ours. We have everything tracked apart from keyboards and vocals. I'm currently demoing vocals on the tracks for the label, and we're hoping to go down to near Miami to work with Jason Bieler (Nonpoint, Sikth, Skindred) in early April. The album is going to be set back quite some time, but as upset as we are about that, it's worth it to make sure it comes out the way we want. The way it was starting to sound just wasn't what we're about and didn't represent our vision of the band.

We've done a lot of work in our basic studio here in NJ over the last few months and we've got the songs in a good shape to take down to Florida and we're gonna make this album the way we want.

Sorry about the lack of updates, it's been a bit of a sensitive issue with leaving the studio etc. There will be an official update as soon as the studio date is booked and we'll make announcements then etc.

Thanks for asking!
Chris
Damn, that's a bummer man. But hey it makes total sense I'd do the same thing, debut albums are important and you want them done right. I'm lookin forward to an official update!

Good luck man,
Joe
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Liverslapper
w00t

What is the sound of one hand clapping?