Ne Obliviscaris  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Ne Obliviscaris
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #51 (permalink)
VredDoesLights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charles View Post
That's so cool man, congrats!!

I've got 1400 words to go for my last Uni assignment and then I'm finished my degree. After a couple hours more work tonight hopefully it'll be pretty close by the time I go to bed, and then i've got til 5pm tomorrow to finalise it. m/
Thanks bro, hopefully it will be the first of many paid tours *wink and nudge*

1400 words to go, should just pull a homer and the last few pages can be adds for the band . In all seriousness, I'm use to doing all nighters for assignments, me and my ex were in the same Uni course together, I generally did her AND my assignments whilst she slept. I can be a pushover sometimes..

Get it done boy!
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #52 (permalink)
Svartwerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VredDoesLights View Post
Thanks bro, hopefully it will be the first of many paid tours *wink and nudge*..
One can only hope....................................
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #53 (permalink)
Soul Fallen

I started the week off freaking out because my job hadn't called me back yet to tell me if i passed my background/drug testing. I had court on thursday for a very foolish DUI...so they called me literally the day before, which made me feel a little more secure about going to court. So that all went well, as well as it could, and today, I am going to my job orientation. Then coming home for hours of Photoshop.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #54 (permalink)
Reivas Genocai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charles View Post
That's so cool man, congrats!!

I've got 1400 words to go for my last Uni assignment and then I'm finished my degree. After a couple hours more work tonight hopefully it'll be pretty close by the time I go to bed, and then i've got til 5pm tomorrow to finalise it. m/

Dunno if you've mentioned it yet, but what are you going to Uni for? :O

I spent the whole day kind of just chilling and talking with people...sort of dreading heading back to my job tomorrow but eh, what can you do? It's money and it's helping me get stuff...(like a new guitar)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #55 (permalink)
mark b
Prog 4 ever. Australia!!!

I'd love to go see Vanishing Point at Rosies on Friday.
Old July 11th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
chrisdoig24k
Boom King

Just got back from a week skiing in NZ. Most awesome!
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #57 (permalink)
Tim Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivas Genocai View Post
Dunno if you've mentioned it yet, but what are you going to Uni for? :O

I did (just finished last Friday!!!! !!) a Bachelor of Music with Honours majoring in classical violin performance. I also did a minor in composition.

It's funny, when I started the degree I was thinking I wanted to join a symphony orchestra, and now after finishing I'm hoping to spend most of my time playing metal! I learnt a lot though, so it was definitely really beneficial in helping me become a better violinist/composer/musician in general.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:06 AM   #58 (permalink)
Tim Charles

So what are people getting up to this week?

I'll definitely be heading down to see Separatist/Alarum et al@ The Greyhound on Friday night. Really looking forward to seeing Separatist as always.

Aside from that I'll be spending much of the week advertising the launch of my new violin teaching studio that I just started last week!

Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:44 AM   #59 (permalink)
VredDoesLights

Veronicas name drop, I like it.

The things I would do to those two....
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:21 AM   #60 (permalink)
Tim Charles

Quote:
Veronicas name drop, I like it.

The things I would do to those two....

haha... Any excuse! (The DVD is out in September by the way! That will be so mad when I walk into JB and see the Veronicas dvd for sale with me featured on it!)

Shockingly, name dropping NeO doesn't seem to really impress parents interested in having their kids learn the violin.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:06 PM   #61 (permalink)
Sarindria
Oh, her. ;)

I dunno, Alleira wants to learn violin because of NeO vids on Youtube...
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
Willow of oz
Enter custom user title:

Sick. Probably just a cold.
Hoping to see some films at the MIFF before it ends this weekend. Too many interesting ones screening. Time winnows the numbers.
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #63 (permalink)
gileslol
Scum Of The Law Faculty

all the good ones are booked out >.< i seem to recall it going for longer last year?
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #64 (permalink)
DivineMalice
Stone of Deatiny

Just the usual. sleep, eat, work, find out that suspected terrorists live very close by...yup, nothing out of the ordinary today :P

To have the power to give to the beast,
the dragon was worshipped by all people.
The people worshipped the beast as well, and said

"Who can become like this beast?
Who can oppose the beast, and fight him?"
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Tim Charles

Off to see Separatist, Alarum et al tonight@ The Greyhound hotel. Should be good!
Old August 7th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #66 (permalink)
Willow of oz
Enter custom user title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gileslol View Post
all the good ones are booked out >.< i seem to recall it going for longer last year?
Nah, don't think so. Two weeks all the time I believe.
I rocked up to one last night and it was booked out, *and* there was a long standby queue, so my Plan B (which I really didn't expect to be required) was kicked into place and I wandered 5min down the road and saw a backup movie.
Should be down there again on Saturday for a second one.
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:27 AM   #67 (permalink)
Svartwerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMalice View Post
find out that suspected terrorists live very close by...yup, nothing out of the ordinary today :P
Good times.... makes you feel warm and fuzzy at night I bet.
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #68 (permalink)
DivineMalice
Stone of Deatiny

Being severely disappointed with the Melbourne Winter I took 4 days off work and headed somewhere more grim and frostbitten. Packed up my equipment on Sunday afternoon and headed to Falls Creek with some friends to get some snowboarding done (Falls Creek on a non-school holiday weekday is pure bliss, less people = more fun to be had). I managed to bust up my jaw when I faceplanted on a patch of ice on the first day but the pain was dulled with plenty of booze . Nevertheless it was some much needed fun.

I got back a few hours ago and I'm racked with pain, but it was worth it. Nothing beats coming back down off the mountain and kicking back with good company, good beer and good music.

To have the power to give to the beast,
the dragon was worshipped by all people.
The people worshipped the beast as well, and said

"Who can become like this beast?
Who can oppose the beast, and fight him?"
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #69 (permalink)
VredDoesLights

JUST got off tour with 5 Finger Deathpunch, will post nice juicy blog about it soon.
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #70 (permalink)
Tim Charles

Quote:
JUST got off tour with 5 Finger Deathpunch, will post nice juicy blog about it soon.
Looking forward to hearing about how it went! :-)
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #71 (permalink)
gileslol
Scum Of The Law Faculty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow of oz View Post
Nah, don't think so. Two weeks all the time I believe.
I rocked up to one last night and it was booked out, *and* there was a long standby queue, so my Plan B (which I really didn't expect to be required) was kicked into place and I wandered 5min down the road and saw a backup movie.
Should be down there again on Saturday for a second one.
what did you try to see?
i ended up downloading some that i wanted to catch that were sold out...In The Loop was hilarious, and Flame & Citron was a pretty good WW2 action/spy flick in the vein of Black Book. my friend has a pretty elite home theater system so we held our own damn film festival i hung onto the program to try pick up a few more that i missed!
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:50 AM   #72 (permalink)
Willow of oz
Enter custom user title:

Quote:
what did you try to see?
i ended up downloading some that i wanted to catch that were sold out...In The Loop was hilarious, and Flame & Citron was a pretty good WW2 action/spy flick in the vein of Black Book. my friend has a pretty elite home theater system so we held our own damn film festival i hung onto the program to try pick up a few more that i missed!
Nice!

By the time I put together some choices it was late in the festival and there were limited films and screenings left.
Thursday had four possibilities: two were very late and were ruled out (one was about some disturbing event with children - Home Movie?). One was a 2+ hr Sth Korean movie about a loan collecting thug on the streets (allegedly) full of brutal violence which is what I ended up seeing (Breathless). That was the fall-back from the French movie A L'Aventure, a saucy French film.
Saturday was down to three choices and I was likely seeing it with two others: Antichrist, where a marriage disintegrates badly out in the wilderness; Thirst, an asian vampire film, and The Chaser, a 2+ hr Sth Korean movie about a killer out on the streets full of brutal violence. Since one of the others going had seen Thirst and thought it abysmal, and both thought Antichrist too hardcore, that left the Sth Korean movie, which is why I was aiming for something different on the Thursday. As it was, they both pulled out late, so I decided to see Antichrist, and despite getting there 45 min early it was all sold out.
Bah.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM   #73 (permalink)
Willow of oz
Enter custom user title:

I did go and see Trade during the week, a (fictional) film about the sex slave trade around mexico/US. Was looking like there were just going to be two of us in the cinema, but then four others rocked up. Pity, because it was really good.
Was in the mood for world cinema after (missing most of) MIFF.

MUFF starts up this weekend for one week - hopefully I'll catch a few at that.
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
gileslol
Scum Of The Law Faculty

i ended up downloading The Chaser too, was pretty good, apparently there's a hollywood remake in the works...shame about Thirst cause i had high hopes after Oldboy >.< hanging out for Antichrist too.

one i saw that apparently won palm d'or at cannes was The White Ribbon, this noir whodunnit set in the years prior to ww1...was like watching an amish version of the usual suspects in black and white, with the movie not telling you who keyser soze was at the end. very confusing, but nicely shot.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM   #75 (permalink)
Willow of oz
Enter custom user title:

Quote:
...shame about Thirst cause i had high hopes after Oldboy >.<
To be fair the person who thought Thirst was bad was a chick who *possibly* isn't into that sort of thing, and hence maybe wouldn't appreciate it even if it was good? I dunno.