Auslander  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Neil Kernon - Auslander
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
johnzorn

Spiral Architect Info

Hey Neil, I totatly didn't know you produced Spiral Architect "A Sceptic's Universe." Maybe you've hit on this info in the past but what amps and guitar gear did they use. I'm not out to reproduce the tone or anything, I'm use curious as to how they got those awesome lead and crunch tones (aside from talent and practice and all that) Any info is welcome. Thanks and take care and can't wait to hear the new Nile.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 12th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
NK
Complete Bastard

We used a Soldano preamp into the power amp input of a Soldano integrated tube amplifier. We did that because the integrated amp didn't have the gain we needed and the separate pre did. The guitar used was a Paul Reid Smith owned by Steinar. As far as the lead guitar I'm not really sure as those were done in Norway, but I would imagine that it was the same PRS. I really don't know what amp was used for the leads though, I'm afraid.

http://www.auslander.net
http://myspace.com/neilkernon

"If what you want from a movie is a lot of Stallone looking morose and pensive before suddenly going apeshit, then Rambo is your kind of experience"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!