Nevermore  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Nevermore
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
ShadowsWithin

The Avengers

go see, DO IT

classic Joss Whedon in a lot of parts too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sdrawkcabgniklat
Senior Citizen

Planning on seeing to Tuesday. Sucks that Hulk still stands out as much as he does in every movie (CGI). Maybe in ten years they might actually get him to look "real".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
freewill
Banned

I just watch Jamunji for the first time in years, and I will never ever complain about CGI in a any movie ever again.

Also, I do want to see this film.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dreadful
When Man& Machine Collide

The Dark Knight Rises > Avengers
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sdrawkcabgniklat
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadful View Post
No shit. But it's not out yet.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mephistophiliac
Pfukkuntaschitz

I was waiting the entire time for the catchphrase and they never used it. Aside from that and a few other minor things, it's the best Marvel movie by far. I've already got a chub for the next one.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
refraction

Totally fucking awsome
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
PUT CHILI ON IT!!

Amazing movie. fucking christ. Loved it!
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sentient 6
harmless parasite

Indeed it was fucking great, Black Widow is a fucking hottie
Old May 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Det Som Engang Var
Viking Bastard

Seeing it with Liverslapper tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Dead_Lioness View Post
having a pet > not having a pet
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
derek
Grey Eminence

Only a few people could of pulled this off with the required tone and balance. Whedon one of them. Totally deserves the plaudits. Superhero movies of this variety have a new barometer.
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Supravital Knight
Ain't dead yet, Mr. W!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Only a few people could of pulled this off with the required tone and balance. Whedon one of them. Totally deserves the plaudits. Superhero movies of this variety have a new barometer.
Very well said.

My sensory needs have been satisfied!
I wonder how Ironman3 will go since it's being partly filmed in China, along with a Chinese partner company. :-/

Also...I wonder who had the idea of putting a Black Sabbath - Never Say Die shirt on Tony Stark. Very cool.

Last edited by Supravital Knight : May 6th, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
freewill
Banned

I watched it last night and I have to say Robert Downey jr is still my favorite, I mean Tony Stark is my favorite character. and the Hulk was awesome.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dreadful

I saw it yesterday and it was good. Not super insanely earth shattering....but good. I'll probably get it on blu ray. I didn't stay for the credits much, did they like a scene pointing to the next film?
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
DigLazarusDig
The Return

Quote:

You're funny you know. Even though The Avengers is not even close to being Marvels best stuff... Nothing DC has ever put out on screen or print can come close to Marvels worst.

To sum things up.. get w/the program.

-In the process of tip toeing around Dead Winter. He is "thenthitive"
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sdrawkcabgniklat
Senior Citizen

Just got back from seeing it. Incidentally, I had just rewatched all of Firefly last week, and could easily see Whedon's hands all over the Avengers.
Really liked the movie. Although the whole subplot was really sketchy. As in, it made no fucking sense at all; unless someone borrowed the DeLorean from Back to the Future.

Quote:
I didn't stay for the credits much, did they like a scene pointing to the next film?
You missed out on one badass villain reveal.

Last edited by Sdrawkcabgniklat : May 8th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dreadful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigLazarusDig View Post

You're funny you know. Even though The Avengers is not even close to being Marvels best stuff... Nothing DC has ever put out on screen or print can come close to Marvels worst.

To sum things up.. get w/the program.
Marvel is nothing but superpowers shit. X-men (minus first class), spiderman, fantastic four all sucked on screen. Nolan's Batman and watchmen are some of the best superhero movies ever, including the first Superman. You obviously haven't seen The Dark Knight. Ledger brought a character to life that didn't rely only on superpowers to be cool.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Captain Beard
More guns than Krigloch.

Quote:
X-men (minus first class), spiderman, fantastic four all sucked on screen
None of those were made by Marvel, they didn't have the rights for them. Marvel Studios itself made Thor, IM 1 and 2, Captain America, The Avengers as far as recent films go. You're attacking them for films they didn't make.

Also, I did see TDK, and other than Ledger, I thought the film was meh... Bale sucks as Batman.

Also Batman DOES have a superpower, it's called plot-armor. Look that up.

Last edited by Captain Beard : May 8th, 2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Edits upon edits.
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sdrawkcabgniklat
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Marvel is nothing but superpowers shit. X-men (minus first class), spiderman, fantastic four all sucked on screen. Nolan's Batman and watchmen are some of the best superhero movies ever, including the first Superman. You obviously haven't seen The Dark Knight. Ledger brought a character to life that didn't rely only on superpowers to be cool.
Mostly agree with this, except for Spiderman. The first Spiderman is still the best of the three (even though more seem to think the second is). The worst part about it was the silly Goblin outfit, but overall it was one of the top superhero movies. And him having powers isn't what made the movie so good either. The X-Men movies however (sans First Class...) really did suck ass. They were all horrible. Same goes for the Wolverine movie.

The best movies based off of Marvel characters are Spiderman 1&2, Iron Man, Captain America, First Class and The Avengers. Thor was "ok", but not necessary viewing by any means.
DC had the first two Burton movies, the Nolan movies (what do these have in common?) and the first two Superman movies. The Watchmen however trumps most of them, and still did piss poorly at theatres.

Last edited by Sdrawkcabgniklat : May 8th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
derek
Grey Eminence

I have to say I've enjoyed all of the movies leading up to the Avengers and the Avengers itself a great deal.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Dreadful

Well, I just thought when he said "nothing DC has put out is better than Marvel's worst," -- That was either a big trolling statement, or something seriously stupid. The Nolan Batman films (not just TDK) are pretty grade-A, imo. I'm not exactly super stoked on Bale being Batman, I think Batman in those movies could have "more attitude" like Keaton did, but he's still good. He plays a good Bruce Wayne, which is almost as important of a character as Batman.

Sorry Captain Beard, I was talking about movies with Marvel characters. If Marvel didn't actually produce them then my bad, I guess we can say Marvel doesn't produce "the shitty ones."

and dude...most superhero movies, comic books in general have plot-armor. You'd think Magneto would annihilate everyone pretty quick? Why not? Plot-armor
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
derek
Grey Eminence

I think Bale is a ridiculously kick ass Batman.

I'd go as far to say sensational.
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sdrawkcabgniklat
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Well, I just thought when he said "nothing DC has put out is better than Marvel's worst," -- That was either a big trolling statement, or something seriously stupid. The Nolan Batman films (not just TDK) are pretty grade-A, imo. I'm not exactly super stoked on Bale being Batman, I think Batman in those movies could have "more attitude" like Keaton did, but he's still good. He plays a good Bruce Wayne, which is almost as important of a character as Batman.
I don't actually mind Bale as Batman, but I think he's much better as Bruce Wayne, while I couldn't stand Keaton as Wayne, yet loved his Batman. I think the biggest issue with Bale is the "scary demon voice" he's always doing. It's not scary as much as it sounds like Scooby Doo with strep throat. It's also supposed to actually just be something in the neck of his suit pressing up against his larynx to disguise his voice. But it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Last edited by Sdrawkcabgniklat : May 9th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dreadful

I agree, his voice is annoying but I don't hate as much as some because it's a good disguise. If someone is Batman, he outta have an annoying raspy voice to conceal his identity. What else is he going to do, growl like Mikael Akerfeldt? I bet he sounds like that because every other raspy voice disguise Nolan tried to make him do probably sounded worse. lol
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

^+1, i don't get why people are bothered by the raspy voice thing, i think it fits

also, comparing the marvel movies with nolans batman movies is just completely different kinds of movie