Nightwish (unofficial) - Ocean Souls of America fan club forum  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Nightwish (unofficial)
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nightwish (unofficial) Ocean Souls of America fan club forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Melisan

Hartwall concert report

8 cameras were spotted and Anette kept doing costume changes. I sense a concert DVD in the future.

Set list:
1. 7 Days to the Wolves
2. Ever Dream
3. Wishmaster
4. Romanticide
5. Amaranth
6. The Siren
7. While Your Lips Are Still Red (they call itWhile your hips are still spread)
8. The Poet and the Pendulum
9. Nemo
10. Sahara
11. Dark Chest...
12. The Islander
13. Walking in the Air
14. Last of the Wild
15. Meadows of Heaven
16. Ghost Love Score
17. Wish I had an Angel

Very DPP-centered. I'm kinda disappointed. I'd rather hear 'Planet Hell,' 'End of all Hope' and 'Creek Mary's Blood', and I better give up any hope of hearing 'Come Cover Me' ever again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stingray11214
OSA Triumvir

They did "Walking in the Air"???? That IS a surprise on its own.

Oceansouls of America: Proud Bastard Child of the Nightwish Community Since 2003!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" President Ronald W. Reagan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

And the outro music was the infamous Michael Nyman cover "The Heart Asks Pleasure First".

Melisan, I didn't know you went to Hartwall! Did you take pictures? Would you be willing to share them with the OSA site?

Oceansouls of America: Marco's favorite obscure cult since 2003!

OSA's Resident Bitch: Pissing in Your Haterade Since 1978.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Melisan

Haha come on C. I took this from the Nightwish board.
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

^Well, when the thread said "concert report", I took that to mean that you were there.

I had some American friends from Nightwish board go to the show, so I didn't think it was that crazy of a thought if you went also.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Linza
Kohtalon Suosikki

Heaps of Americans went to the Hartwall show. Two of them crashed in my student-apartment. It was great fun, and the pyrotechnics were finally where they should be -- IN the audience! I wasn't close enough to really see anything, but the sound quality was decent for being the back of a stadium balconey. I was a little surprised by the behavior of the fans in the back. It seemed that many people in the cheap seats were simply there to say they were there. They spent most of their time texting or making out. These must be the two biggest past-times in Finland, next to stalking Holopainen. What a shame.

Anyone else go? By the way, next time there is a show in Helsinki, and you come across an ocean to see it, I have enough space in my student apartment for up to three extra people. Four, if you don't mind the floor too much. Or I could just show you around town.
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Well, I'm glad to hear at least one person at this board was at the Hartwall show. Sounds like it was a great time.

And no, texting/making out at concerts doesn't appear to be limited to only Finnish audiences. I always get stuck next to a couple who somehow seems to think the money they spent on tickets wouldn't be better spent on a hotel room.