Nightwish (unofficial) - Ocean Souls of America fan club forum  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Nightwish (unofficial)
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nightwish (unofficial) Ocean Souls of America fan club forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
pere
Feral falcon

Fall 2012 North American tour

I haven't seen this reported here or anywhere else on the NW forums in English, so I thought I might as well do it:

The Finnish tabloid Iltalehti has (again) been doing its thing, concocting dramatic headlines with close-to-zero content, this time about The Heart Asks Pleasure First and Michael Nyman's initial rejection regarding it, but as a tidbid on the side, Holopainen reveals in the interview something you guys might be interested to know - NW is planning a five-week US tour starting next September or October and also including a couple of gigs in Canada. No further details, that's all he says (or the paper writes).

In the end, there's another perhaps interesting bit of information; H says that he felt really surreal about the no. 27 position on the Billboard chart and continues that NW's record sales in the US differ from many other countries, including Finland, in that over there the sales keep up more evenly over a longer period of time whereas here they ebb very quickly, in a few weeks, after the initial rush.

Here link to the article: http://www.iltalehti.fi/popstars/201...73775_ps.shtml
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Kiitos, Pere!

Although in fairness, Tuomas did tell the OSA himself that the band would be returning Stateside in the fall; it's in our interview at about the 2nd or 3rd question. So I'm certain that this is not something just cooked up by the tabloids this time.

Oceansouls of America: Marco's favorite obscure cult since 2003!

OSA's Resident Bitch: Pissing in Your Haterade Since 1978.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
pere
Feral falcon

Oops, I guess I should've read your interview more carefully then - sorry for double posting. But at least it's a confirmation of sorts (to the extent you can trust anything a tabloid prints, that is...).
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

That's OK; at least we have more of a window of time as to when it will happen; Tuomas just said somewhere between August-October.

Old February 10th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
BaraHime

Bah I was hoping for August to get the nice warm weather. But they'll likely start on the East coast, so the NYC show should still happen in time to not freeze to death while walking around the city.
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

...Which means the likelihood of them being in the West Coast around my birthday is very probable!

Old February 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rookie Bassist
Tarot rulez all!

It would be sweeeeet if they were on the west in October, saw em at Gibson but just can't get enough!

Tarot Rulez
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

^Nope, me either; the Gibson gig and the secret show were amazing!!!

Old March 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
logchick
MetalJunkie

I'm glad to hear the good news!
I hope they don't leave us Canadians disappointed, cause I've been dying to see them for the longest time.
I hope that one of their Canadian dates is Toronto!
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Welcome to the board! Always happy to see our Canadian friends here!

We asked Tuomas in our interview with the OSA site if North America was on the tour list, and he said "sometime in the fall". He did not specify U.S. or Canada, but we said "North America", so I take it to mean this included Canada too. (Because we're the *North American* fan club, we represent Canada and Mexico as well as the U.S.)

Old March 4th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
logchick
MetalJunkie

Wow Lucky you guys for getting to interview Tuomas!
Thanks for sharing the link to the interview- much appreciated!
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Sure, no problem; feel free to leave feedback if you'd like! (I just added that onto the site, so that's why we only have one comment thus far!)

Old April 15th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
TheBlackWaltz
::Narri::

They did a vague outline of a US tour starting around September 12th with two shows in Atlanta, Georgia..heading north to NY around the north, west, south then ending in Orlando, FL in mid October.... I am attempting to wait patiently for the official list of confirmed venues and dates!! This is killing me!
http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news...elot_confirmed
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

This is definitely great news, although I'm a little bummed out about the bigger venues. However, it's very likely that they'll be in my neck of the woods right around my birthday! Yes!!!

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
DVDVampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackWaltz View Post
They did a vague outline of a US tour starting around September 12th with two shows in Atlanta, Georgia..heading north to NY around the north, west, south then ending in Orlando, FL in mid October.... I am attempting to wait patiently for the official list of confirmed venues and dates!! This is killing me!
http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news...elot_confirmed
If Boston, NYC, Houston are on their list, then I'm so there. Hell, I may even try for Atlanta.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Let me know if you guys come back to L.A. so we can meet up!

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
DVDVampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
Let me know if you guys come back to L.A. so we can meet up!
Most definitely.
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Oceansoul Troll

I'm definitley going when they come to Chicago.
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Quote:
Most definitely.
Sweet!

From what the article said, they're doing bigger venues. I wouldn't mind Gibson again, but I also hear that new Club Nokia is really nice.

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
BaraHime

That bravewords thing was never confirmed by either band though... At least not that I have heard... Nightwish and Kamelot do get along, and a combo show would be the stuff of dreams, improved only by Apocalyptica tagging along also. But I wouldn't place much hope in it. Both bands are usually good about posting things like that on their pages so that everyone knows it's for real. And I haven't seen any confirmation of that combo tour on either band's page.
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

^True, but the L.A. show and 70,000 Tons gigs were also "rumors" on outside sites before they were confirmed on the band's site too. So yeah, we can't say it's official yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't be long 'till the dates are announced.

Old April 18th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
St Enigma

There was a plan about Nightwish/Kamelot tour, but it probably was dropped or changed around the time when that new was originally posted on BWBK in late February. A fact is that ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta is scheduled on Fri-Sat Sept 14. - 15. and the promoter himself has reserved the two previous days (Wed-Thu) for a special pre-shows, the roster of which he has kept in his sleeve pretty tight. Those dates normally have been reserved for pre-shows run by another local promoter(s), but this year Glenn took the dates to himself. When he was asked on the PPUSA board about the rumors concerning Nightwish, he replied:

In regards to the Wed/Thurs show, this is what I said previously on FB when asked in a Nightwish video post:
"‎Matt Vicente Here is the deal. The announcement has been delayed for nearly three months and I have no idea when the *official* word is coming. However, I do understand that travel plans for either or both days need to be nailed down as soon as possible. I will not confirm or especially ***deny*** any rumor floating around. The only thing I will say is that I'm a fan of Woodard & Bernstein. - Glenn"

I think Glenn's post above means it's granted that Nightwish will be in Atlanta for that special pre-show, but he cant say it aloud until in early June. Then again, I have no idea whether Kamelot will join in. They (Kamelot) have scheduled a European tour starting on Nov 2. which would leave them about two weeks to follow Nightwish during the tour in North America (suppose Atlanta will be the first show...?). We'll see.

Old April 18th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

^Yeah, I knew about this as well...hopefully it will all get worked out.

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
crimrose
Hiding M&M's in a lamb

They are sure taking their damn time with these dates. :P I really want to know, because depending on if they stop in this city again like on the DPP tour, I can either stay put or I'll have to make the 2 hour trip to Toronto.

C'mon, guys, announce it already! :P
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
BaraHime

^ Yeah, really, I am going to make a big thing of it so I have a whole week to plan around them... This shit takes time.