Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > Non-Metal

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-Metal For discussion about the music that doesn't fall under the great Metal umbrella.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Dead Can Dance Announces European Tour Dates for 2012

Message sent to all mailing list members:

Quote:
Hello All,

We are pleased to announce we will be bringing the first leg of the World Tour to 22 European cities in September and October 2012.

As promised, we're sending this email out as we wanted to make sure that you, the fans who have signed up to our mailing list, are the very first people to know all of our news.

You can see a complete list of all the dates announced below. Tickets for the German and Hungarian dates will be on sale via www.deadcandance.com from 9am GMT this morning.

Further information and On Sale dates for the rest of the shows will also be found on the site.

SEPTEMBER

19th - HCTAT, Istanbul, Turkey
21st - Earth Theatre, Thessaloniki, Greece
23rd - Lycabetus Theatre, Athens, Greece
25th - MCV, Utrecht, Holland
27th - Grand Rex, Paris, France
29th - Cirque Royal, Brussels, Belgium

OCTOBER

1st - Alte Oper, Frankfurt, Germany
3rd - Tempodrom, Berlin, Germany
5th - CCH, Hamburg, Germany
7th - Philharmonie, Munich, Germany
8th - Philharmonie, Cologne, Germany
10th - KCP, Prague, Czech Republic
12th - Bkz Oktyabrsky, St. Petersburg, Russia
13th - Crocus City Hall, Moscow, Russia
15th - Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland
17th - Papp Laszlo Arena, Budapest, Hungary
19th - Teatro Degli Arcimboldi, Milan, Italy
20th - Batiment Des Forces Motrices, Geneva, Switzerland
22nd - Auditori, Barcelona, Spain
24th - Casa Da Musica, Porto, Portugal
26th - Royal Albert Hall, London, England
28th - Grand Canal Theatre, Dublin, Ireland

Dates for the North American, South American and Asian legs of the tour will be announced shortly, along with ticket sales information. As always, you will be the first to know.

See you in September, Europe!

Love,

Dead Can Dance
True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2214502165672\
www.myspace.com/olorindoom

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lugreech

I love dead can dance! their music is magical, i hope they also include South America in this tour
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Vimana

I saw their post on Facebook. I envy Europeans so much right now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

They are doing a North, and South American tour IIRC. They should announce those dates later this week.
True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.

Old March 10th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Yeah I'm anxiously awaiting tour dates. I refuse to commit to anything else this year until I know them. It's going to be an expensive run...
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Tour dates up! I'm gonna have to travel. I'm thinking of going to 3-4 shows right now. We'll see.
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Already bought my Chicago tickets. They gave a pre-sale to those who are on their mailing list, and I snagged up 2 of the $97 (middle price tickets) before they sold out. Not exactly sure where the seats are, but they are only like 15 rows from the stage. Got a free shirt as well.

I can't even express my excitement for this. I've heard from dudes on the NWN forums say that it was a life changing experience. Totally worth the ticket price.

And damn, I can't wait for their new album. I kinda hope they attempt to bring back their older darkwave/neoclassical sound instead of the tribal/world music that they eventually evolved into, but I do love pretty much everything they've done.

Old March 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

You'd shit if you saw my DCD collection. It's pretty epic. As for tickets, I missed the presale by minutes but I hear that's all it took. I'm going to try for Philly and Vienna since I can lodge there for free. I'll end up paying out the ass for good seats but oh well. I have money set aside for this.
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Jesus, I demand pics of your collection. If I ever get a job I may work on getting a DCD collection. I already have a first press of Spleen and Ideal.

And yeah, the Chicago tickets didn't sell out that quickly apparently. I waited nearly a day before I purchased mine. But I do advise that you buy your tickets the moment they go on sale.

BTW what do you think their set is going to be like? I've seen their 2005 set list from their last tour and, quite frankly, it's a bit lame. Not a single track from the first 3 albums and only "Severance" from "The Serpent's Egg." Glad to see tracks like Black Sun and How Fortunate the Man With None on their though. The Salem's Lot Aria is amazing as well. But seriously, how can they not fucking play Xavier or even The Host of Seraphim???

I'm sure they are going to play some new tracks as well, like they always do at their live shows.

Old March 29th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

I think there will be new tracks but not like, the surprise new ones people got on the 2005 tour with Crescent. I'd like to see some of the earlier stuff too but don't think too much will work its way into the setlist. Seeing Xavier done live would be amazing plus Brendan's voice seems to have only grown stronger over the years.

As for the collection, I'll try to get it in one place over the next few days. I have a nasty ex snooping around that knows the value of some of it so some of the higher priced stuff isn't here. It still has a ways to go but I'm pretty proud of it.

As far as tickets go, I'm probably going to wait and get raped over Stub Hub or ebay but get the seats I want. I want their spittle raining down on me.

Last edited by Psychonaut : March 29th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Got my ticket for Philly. Working on Vienna, VA as well. So pumped.
Old April 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Here it is. Feel like I'm forgetting some stuff but oh well. Pretty close.

The vinyl: Originals + 180g Re-releases with John Peel Sessions + Mobility Fidelity reissues + Brendan Perry solo + Signed 3LP Chicago show + Ubiquitous Picture Disc.

The CD's: Originals + official bootlegs + Entire North American tour + majority of European tour (still working on a few dates to have the entire 2005 tour on disc)

The SACD's: Velvet box version of SACD releases x2 + 1981-1998 3CD Box + 1996 Tour Program with CD

Work in progress, of course.
Old April 6th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thralldom
Winter of My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
Here it is. Feel like I'm forgetting some stuff but oh well. Pretty close.

The vinyl: Originals + 180g Re-releases with John Peel Sessions + Mobility Fidelity reissues + Brendan Perry solo + Signed 3LP Chicago show + Ubiquitous Picture Disc.

The CD's: Originals + official bootlegs + Entire North American tour + majority of European tour (still working on a few dates to have the entire 2005 tour on disc)

The SACD's: Velvet box version of SACD releases x2 + 1981-1998 3CD Box + 1996 Tour Program with CD

Work in progress, of course.
Wow. I own the SACD remasters and that's it.
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ric
fN

nice nice nice!!!

will be there in hamburg. my tickets are already here.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Jesus Fuck, that is an amazing collection.

Old April 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Thanks. I love hearing the different spins on the material on the live albums. Got a ways to go but a few of the Holy Grails have already been taken care of (the signed 3LP Chicago + whole North American tour). Shit gets expensive :/ Means nothing without seeing them live, though
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
challenge_everything

Wow. Just saw this post. I've always said if I could see one band live in my lifetime it would be DCD. Looks like I'm flying to America!
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

I think they are working on South America/Australia dates so don't fly too quickly.

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

I got an e-mail saying the location of my seats. To summarize: I'll be seeing the sweat on Brendan and Lisa's faces. Not super close, but easily withing 20 feet of the stage.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
sadistik necrofiend
Furby goes nanners

Really stoked about this show. Apparently they are doing an outdoor ampitheater here which should be interesting. I took a drive there today. Its right on the path of a mountain. :}
Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic! If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic and this we know it is, for certain then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature.

-Nikola Tesla
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Third row for the VA show. Engage perpetual boner.
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Yeah the Chicago show is outdoors as well. I'm just praying I hear stuff from the first 4 albums besides "Severance."

Old April 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
sadistik necrofiend
Furby goes nanners

Yeah I actually like Severance, but could do without a few things.

Would really like to see The Carnival is Over (not likely}, Crescent, Black Sun, Rakim, Avatar, The Trial, and yeah basically anything from the first 4 albums would be way killer.

Still haven't got my SLC tickets yet, but I found the availability is still good so next week it is I guess.
Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic! If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic and this we know it is, for certain then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature.

-Nikola Tesla
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Pretty sure they play Black Sun, which is amazing.

Old May 16th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

I assume most of you already saw it, but Brandan Perry announced the new album title "Anastasis" in a contest on his forums.

Anastasis is the Greek word of Resurrection. "Anastasis" is meant to signify the "rebirth" of Dead Can Dance and to coincide with the Spring (in the Southern Hemisphere) release date of August 9th.

The concept of "rebirth" and "resurrection" sounds familiar in Dead Can Dance. I get the same vibe with "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun" which I split into two parts: Brendan's part and Lisa's part. Brendan's part as his aura of complete helplessness and despair, and then in "Dawn of the Iconoclast" Lisa's sudden "rebirth" spews forth. The "rebirth" doesn't seem happy or kind, as evident in the ending of "Cantara" which sounds fucking mean and aggressive. The synths and bells in "Summoning of the Muse" further emphasize the "rebellion" of sorts in the 2nd half of the album, and fucking Persephone, Hades reluctant wife in Greek mythology, marks the end of the "rebellion" and "rebirth." The album ends where it beings: in despair, isolation, and sin.

I'm drunk. Leave me alone. This is my rough/drunk analysis of WTROADS that I've been meaning to write.