Opeth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Unofficial / Extra / Archived Forums > Opeth (Archived) > Non-Opeth Music Chat
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-Opeth Music Chat Non-Opeth related music discussions - for Opeth fans

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
Liquid Diamonds

It's the Scottish accent you'll have had trouble with. You'll probably understand the chav's a little better. But I assure you, Manchester will be full of them

LMAO @:
Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
At least they died like men, in battle. Not AIDS from excessive gay anal sex.
http://www.myspace.com/bobbymurraymusic
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM   #52 (permalink)
affinityband

Yeah they will absuse you, shout at you. Be careful when walkin alone. They will threaten you, best thing to do is not answer as there usually alot of them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM   #53 (permalink)
BRI

Some of my mates were meant to meet me at the pub, which is literally 200metres from the house they met up at, and they got jumped, about 3 houses down from his house, by a gang of around 15-25 chavs, no older than 15 years old, getting kicked in the head and ribs, while the girls who were with them would be filming the whole thing on their phone. It's a fairly busy road, and this was at 5pm. Seriously, it doesn't really matter any more what time you are out or how many people you are with, since it's almost certain there will be more of them than you.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Risquit

^

I've heard this in other forums too. WTF is wrong with people over there? I could walk through South Central L.A. at 5 pm and probably be ok.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:43 AM   #55 (permalink)
FRUGiHOYi
"Since 1981"

So how big is the chav problem? Do people get jumped by chavs all the time or is that a rare occurrence? Is it better, worse, or the same in Scotland and Ireland? I don't know if I want to move to a place where I have to deal with this kind of bullshit.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
BRI

^I live in a fairly big town, but it's not city sized. On any day, about 50% of the people in town centre will be chavs, just loitering around. At nights there could be anything from 1-25 gangs just roaming around the area looking for people to mug / jump. Granted, my town is just crap in general, and the problem is much less evident in smaller villages, especially in Ireland and Scotland, but I have heard that in the larger English cities it's even worse. When I'm at uni I am perfectly fine, but usually at Christmas or in the summer when I come home I'll have people I know, or even me myself, jumped and beaten up for no reason. Home sweet home eh
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:06 PM   #57 (permalink)
FRUGiHOYi
"Since 1981"

Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
Liquid Diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRUGiHOYi
So how big is the chav problem? Do people get jumped by chavs all the time or is that a rare occurrence? Is it better, worse, or the same in Scotland and Ireland? I don't know if I want to move to a place where I have to deal with this kind of bullshit.
If you're going to be in a city anywhere in the UK, there is a chance chav's/neds will mug you. Especially at night, and almost definately if you are on your own. Always rememnber to carry a 5 note in your sock. I know that sounds ridiculous, but they won't look there, and it leaves you with money to get a taxi in the eventuality you do get mugged.

And then there's just the general harrassment factor of chav's/neds. What do you look like man? If you have long hair, then prepare to be told to get a haircut by EVERY group of chav's you see. Do not talk to them on trains, or in any kind of enclosed space. My mate was once beaten on a train by a group of neds with a metal bar, because he was having a joke with one of them, and another thought he was laughing at them. They're dangerous, but don't let that put you off coming here. I'm sure it's not really any more dangerous than any other country.

LMAO @:
Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
At least they died like men, in battle. Not AIDS from excessive gay anal sex.
http://www.myspace.com/bobbymurraymusic
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
dcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcat
Mmmm, know your enemy...

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

The above hotlink is no more for unknown reasons !

Maybe because of the "chav of the month" picture gallery.

See it here...

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:...k&ct=clnk&cd=1

Thanks google cache.

Last edited by dcat : September 3rd, 2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
FRUGiHOYi
"Since 1981"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Diamonds
They're dangerous, but don't let that put you off coming here. I'm sure it's not really any more dangerous than any other country.
That kind of shit doesn't really happen here in the US. Basically, just stay away from the bad neighborhoods and you're safe here. Even those places sound a lot safer than over there. And at least if you get attacked, it will be by big scary black people, not these goofy looking little teenagers. I think that's less embarassing
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
Powers
Good Morning USA!

Chava's a basically urban Pikey's.

Pikey's are shit gypsies.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:41 PM   #62 (permalink)
dishcloth
Boozehound & metalhead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prognostic
englands version of white trash. at least thats what my friend says

chav:

chav gear:
What kind of retard would drink fosters? Any wonder we export the stuff.
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:38 AM   #63 (permalink)
Don Corleone
Emre

that gear: burberry's
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #64 (permalink)
dcat

^ +1

Good news peeps...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5319778.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4381140.stm

Old September 6th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #65 (permalink)
batmura
Sea of Tranquility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRUGiHOYi
Do chavs talk pretty much the same? Because I could understand maybe 5% of what he was saying. Do the chavs bother people all the time? Because I'm from the US and I'm probably moving to Manchester (hopefully not many of them there?) and yeah... if they talk like that, I won't even be able to understand wtf they're saying to me
Yeah man pretty fuckin' bizzare accent there. When I was in London a couple years ago, I met this Scottish guy and he sounded nothing like this.

By the way, do you Americans find some Brits hard to understand cause of their dialect? Most Americans, whether educated or not, are easier to follow than Brits to me. The norther you go in the UK the shittier it gets. But then it's also up to them I guess. If they don't want you to understand them, they'll just speak that way intentionally even though I know for a fact they're capable of speaking like Londeners if the situation calls for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse
some strange sort of patriotism towards their 'mother country' despite being native to Australia, heavy accent despite being born in Australia.
Moonie, you referring to the Lebanese? How come they got that weird accent going on if they were born in Australia? Btw, I heard there's a good number of Vietnamese over there. Lots of gangs and stuff. Are they into this sort of shit as well?