Novembre  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Novembre
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #51 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

It's Giuseppe singing clean on "Swallow's supremacy" and he's got a hell of a beautiful voice!!!

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
http://www.klimt1918-fever.net
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 19th, 2005, 10:24 AM   #52 (permalink)
WORN_CARILLON
The Ogre

Dopoguerra is nice but less good than their masterpiece Undressed Momento, it has very lovely parts but also many dead-parts while UM was all the top...

http://www.sardcofago.net underground webzine
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM   #53 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

... up with this thread
I've added some live pix from the gig in Rome, as well as a few pix of the guys in Florence on my fansite, if you'd just like to have a look.
Guess that probably my fave stuff from Klimt 1918 remains the promo 'Secession...', but I'm mad about 'Dopoguerra' and can't wait to catch 'em live once again in one month and half

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old July 13th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Wankerness - if I well remember his nickname here in this forum - sent me a couple of guitar tabs of Klimt 1918, and namely 'Snow of '85' and 'La Tregua', so I've added a new section in my fansite, TABS. If you wanna hear 'em....
Tks Wankerness again and keep on sending.
Man, am too tired tonite to answer all the other posts...

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
Nostalgiaplatz
So why not moving?

Thumbs up

I spent about 2-3 months without listening to Undressed Momento, Opeth (orchid to damnation), Katatonia... now I got the CDs back here with me... I am listening to Undressed Momento for the third time since I got them back with me yesterday... it feels so friggin refreshing! This is truly a masterpiece, an album they wouldn't be able to record again with exactly same emotion & feeling.... It feels so refreshing! I am yet again passed out, totally possessed by this album.

Since I lost quite a bit of interest for Opeth lately, I guess klimt 1918 replaces the 2nd place in my top of preferences. I am not going to tell which one stays on the first, because given the forum where I am posting this message, it would be very obvious and pointless

Learn how to pig squeal with an emo pyrate harrrr.

Last edited by Nostalgiaplatz : July 24th, 2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old July 24th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #56 (permalink)
WORN_CARILLON
The Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiaplatz
I spent about 2-3 months without listening to Undressed Momento, Opeth (orchid to damnation), Katatonia... now I got the CDs back here with me... I am listening to Undressed Momento for the third time since I got them back with me yesterday... it feels so friggin refreshing! This is truly a masterpiece, an album they wouldn't be able to record again with exactly same emotion & feeling.... It feels so refreshing! I am yet again passed out, totally possessed by this album.

Since I lost quite a bit of interest for Opeth lately, I guess klimt 1918 replaces the 2nd place in my top of preferences. I am not going to tell which one stays on the first, because given the forum where I am posting this message, it would be very obvious and pointless
But what about Katatonia?

Old July 24th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
Nostalgiaplatz
So why not moving?

Viva Emptiness is great, the rest are average (just my opinion). I think I already said it to you on msn

Old July 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
WORN_CARILLON
The Ogre

I hoped you changed your mind about the others too eheh... you must!

Old July 25th, 2005, 04:40 AM   #59 (permalink)
Divatkreació
Nebulous termini

Now there's a thing that I've been wondering for a while... Where does the name 'Klimt 1918' come from?

Another goddamn great band, \o/, that will never come to Finland :|
Old July 25th, 2005, 05:59 AM   #60 (permalink)
WORN_CARILLON
The Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divatkreació
Now there's a thing that I've been wondering for a while... Where does the name 'Klimt 1918' come from?

Another goddamn great band, \o/, that will never come to Finland :|
Klimt is Gustav Klimt, the painter; 1918 is the date of his death, of the end of the wirst world war and for some people the effective start of the new century... those things you can find on their interviews

Old July 26th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #61 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Too bad if you don't know the real meanings behind the monicker of the band.
This means that you didn't carefully read on my fansite...
Here is the real one...

The new monicker of the band is Klimt 1918, a name that had already come into Marco's head since some time. Loving the Austrian painter and all the other artists of the Secession, he thinks it's a brilliant idea. The music of Klimt 1918, as the pictures of Klimt and Schiele, is half-way between Expressionism and Decorativism and this represents the link between essentiality of the new wave and the grand electric complexity of metal.
He adds the final 1918 after having read the famous historical-anthropological essay entitled "The Short Century" by Hobsbavn (hope this is the correct English translation!), who asserts that the 20th century was officially born in 1918, when the First World War finished, and came to and end in 1989, with the fall of the communism and the wall of Berlin. A short century exactly, that begins the same year in which Gustav Klimt himself dies.

Marco finds all this very evocative. He likes thinking about the music of Klimt 1918 as a sign of connection & break among different periods. The final 1918 perfectly incarnates this suggestion and, for certain aspects, marks like the beginning of a new day.

Besides, the date postponed to the name also wants to be his own personal homage to Bauhaus: the band of Peter Murphy formed in 1979 with the monicker of Bauhaus 1919, but then their producer chose for the shorter form which nowadays everyone knows.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old July 26th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #62 (permalink)
Alcapoth
S t a r E

This is a PHENOMENAL band. I just recently heard a few tracks and was blown away by their beauty, atmosphere and power. Snow of '85 is the only one I heard off their new album and it is just beautiful . Two tracks I heard of their debut (Stalingrad and pale song) are just beyond description .

All I can say, I'm glad I checked this band out. Wow, every bit on par with Novembre I say. Ok, hard to say, but dammit this is good stuff.

I'll be ordering their cd's VERY soon.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:57 PM   #63 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

There is a K1918 channel also on the server azzurra.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old September 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #64 (permalink)
Divatkreació
Nebulous termini

I just bought a used 'Dopoguerra' -cd for 4 euros from Swamp music :P Not bad at all.
Old September 9th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Lucky you... well Swamp music's got nice stuff at good prices.
I paid it EUR 24, while at their gig they sold it at 16, isn't absurd?
But of course, the digipack edition's been a very good buying.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old September 10th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
Divatkreació
Nebulous termini

What does the digipack edition have different from the original?
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:02 AM   #67 (permalink)
WORN_CARILLON
The Ogre

I wait to find it at a good price, even 16 euro is not cheap.. especially for watered down music

Old September 10th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #68 (permalink)
°scarlet°
i breathe to memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORN_CARILLON
I wait to find it at a good price, even 16 euro is not cheap.. especially for watered down music
yeah, i'm waiting too, i spent all my money on my new acoustic baby (that is, guitar ) so no money right now
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #69 (permalink)
WORN_CARILLON
The Ogre

I thought MKM would have some copies but they don't... so I'll look on eBay...
Scarlet, save your money for the new releases of Room With A View, Katatonia and Novembre

Old September 10th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #70 (permalink)
°scarlet°
i breathe to memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORN_CARILLON
I thought MKM would have some copies but they don't... so I'll look on eBay...
Scarlet, save your money for the new releases of Room With A View, Katatonia and Novembre

i surely will!! it seems kata are also planning to go on tour in early 2006, after the new album will be out. if they come to italy (or better, when they come, 'cause they just have to ) i have to go to see them live, regardless where and when, i just have to see them, it's a moral duty...
hopefully novembre will go on tour as well so i can see them too...
Old September 10th, 2005, 02:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
NovemberMourning

dopoguerra on amazon.com is $46.32

so until theres some other way to get that album and the others, i'll keep checking ebay, and listening to the stuff i downloaded.

i have everyone here to thank for turning me on to this band! so far out of all the songs ive heard, i love stalingrad, snow of 85, and the entire secession promo! the singers vocal melodies are just top notch!

i gotta say i like these guys more than katatonia, maybe just cause the guitars are heavier and because the drummer is much better... a lot of katatonia material tends to all have the same tempo and drum beat, which makes their albums feel repeatitive. dont get me wrong katatonia has some really great material, but i think Klimt has the edge.

...and i still like novembre above all. they are just amazing is every aspect.
Old September 10th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
Nostalgiaplatz
So why not moving?

I agree NovemberMourning. The only album of katatonia I can listen to from start-to-end without getting bored is Viva Emptiness, which is a masterpiece.

Old September 10th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #73 (permalink)
°scarlet°
i breathe to memories

i obviously don't agree with the last two posts, the reason is plain and simple:

you can't say they are repetitive, have same tempo and blahblah. no one who has listened to what they've done in last 13-14 years, from jhva elohim meth to nowadays could objectively make such a statement.

of course, you can not like them. you can find them boring. musically, lyrically, or both. that is merely a subjective matter on which is useless to discuss about.

enough about this.
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #74 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divatkreació
What does the digipack edition have different from the original?
It contains a 2nd cd with a different - and fantastic - version of 'Nightdriver', a cool remix of 'Sleepwalk in Rome' by Chaos/Order, 2 new songs which aren't included on 'Dopoguerra', and namely 'Cry a little' which reminds to the old Cure and 'Never Ever', as well as other 2 different versions of 'They were wed by the sea' and 'Rachel'... not to mention the long post-rock instrumental outro at the end of the remix.
Furthermore, it's got enhanced material such as the lyrix typewritten, pictures, questions to the members of the band, thoughts about the songs, links and so forth - you can just have a look on my fansite - 02/05/2005 for a better description.
Trust me, it's really worth the buying - make it yours now

I LOVE ALL KATATONIA'S RECORDS
Man, you can't feel bored while listening to 'Brave Murder Day' or 'Last fair deal gone down'... it's not possible...

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #75 (permalink)
Nostalgiaplatz
So why not moving?

I've heard all of their albums, got into them when dance of december souls was released. Katatonia are good, but klimt 1918 are definitely much better in my humble opinion. As far as Katatonia music goes, their music is linear, catchy, simple not artsy or innovative. It gets boring after a while.