Novembre  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Novembre
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
Dead Winter
Not faggoty deathcore

I live close to Trieste. It's a nice place, and is kind of split between Italy and Slovenia. It's more eastern European in my opinion than Italian. It's still very beautiful.

There's sort of a running joke that the Friulani want to give it back to Slovenia, .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Yeah, I have a lot of friends in Trieste or simply 'round there and I seldomly meet 'em, bcs they're used not to go to Milan for metal gigs, but to Slovenia, that is closer and maybe even cheaper than going to Milan.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
http://www.klimt1918-fever.net
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
**Jester**

Yeah I have been to Trieste Diandra! Quite a few years ago though, enjoyed it. Was going to carry on to Pula across the way but stayed in Trieste instead.

I want to go back to Italy, I seem to be there loads...I love it. Sardinia is my next mission. Want to go to Corsica again as that is a lovely island and then get a boat down there.
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Nightmist
Cuore Rossoblω

lol cool i'm from Sardinia, if you visit here in summer i guess you won't regret it

I lit the sunlight with my hands
Knowing there's to be some reason
For this ever coming dark
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Taotrac

anybody notice that Aquamarine and Aenamia are 2 songs that are very different to novembre's normal stuff? its not that it sounds like dif band, but those 2 songs seem more "stuctured, groove-orientated, catchy, and full of distinct riff's"....just all together a song that is based on groove and distinction rather than a song that just kinda blends together and is meant for the mood?

Aquamarine i love for the 2nd half of the song with that guitar part (prolly know what im talking about) and Aneamia for how his amazing singing and how catchy the singing parts are in that song.

I generally like Novembre, but these two songs are the main reason i like the band. I honestly wish they would do alot more songs like these two.....and songs like "the promise" even tho it was a cover....that type of song fit them really well too.

Just i liked the whole materia albulm....none of the songs really lived up to Aquamarine tho, so i was still dissapointed a lil, but the albulm still had its really good points.

And now ive heard all of "the blue" and im glad to say i dl'ed it instead of buying it. I'm really dissapointed at how when i heard "aneamia" it became one of my fav songs almost instantly....its always in my head...and the rest of the albulm just is kinda bleh....and even when it seems like at some point its starting to get better, something happens in the songs that sets it back to bleh......although i know that all these songs are more like all of novembre's songs, and its just what they do.....i really do think they need a sound update to make more songs like aquamarine, the promise, and aneamia.....while still making some songs that sound like their normal stuff....

anyone else agree?

kinda like how My Dying Bride made "The Cruel Taste Of Winter" and "my Hope The Destroyer"
catchy songs compaired to their normal stuff
idk im just that type of person who likes these bands, but would like these bands to be a lil catchier in their songs, cuz when it happens....i love them for it

Last edited by Taotrac : October 17th, 2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
Recordable

hmm I disagree.. whole album is outstanding..

and did you spell Anaemia correctly at all ?
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
Spectral Sorrow

I disagree... I prefer complex stuff, it's more interesting, I like listening to an album a lot and discover new stuff every time. If i want to listen to catchy music, I listen to HIM, late Sentenced or some other pop and commercial metal band.
Old October 18th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
**Jester**

Yeah if all you want from the music is more catchy motives and riffs there is much better bands to listen, Novembre is more interesting than that.

Listen to bands like In Flames etc...they seem to only care about hooks these days.
Old October 25th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Taotrac

well i listened to the albulm more and like it alot better....noticed alot more hooks in it....and while i think i like all the songs on the albulm better, i think that novembre at least should repeat their hooks a few times instead of singing/playing them once....like at the end of "sound odessy"....i loved the ending vocal part to that....but then the song ended making me wished it was longer, wanting to hear that part again in the same song......and i had the same feeling for many other songs, wishing some of the guitar and vocal parts were repeated various times in the songs rather than played only once.....doesnt even have to be in a verse/chorus fashion....that could be boring....but still i like hearing catchy parts more than once....Bluecracy did a pretty good job of that tho, and Anaemia....i wished so bad that Anaemia went on after what seemed like a "middle of the song solo" at the end....thats what kinda happened for alotta songs on this cd....they get really good toward the end, and then end...idk i think all the songs are good but they seem like they could have been so much better if they went on for another good 3 minutes or so.
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
Nightmist
Cuore Rossoblω

i agree with that, i felt the same about Architheme and Irridescence endings, they're great but they're too short imho O.o

Old October 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

I think it too... the most beautiful episodes such as 'Sound odissey', 'Iridiscence', 'Zenith', 'Argentic' or 'Deorbit' sometimes sound too short! I just hope that in the next gigs, they wouldn't make as always done with all those outstanding songs from 'Arte Novecento', that they've seldom played live. I want songs like those few above-mentioned to be performed live.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Nightmist
Cuore Rossoblω

maybe you knew it yet, but i've found this:

The Blue Mini Site

Old October 31st, 2007, 07:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Of course, we noticed it
Peaceville's done a good job with both KatatoniA - when they released the LIVE | CONSTERNATION - and Novembre, with these minisites to announce/promote the new material.
I'm talkin' to a guy who was used to write on this forum right now and he's tellin' me that KatatoniA played 'Without god' after 'Murder'. I heard that song live only once back in 1996. KatatoniA should play some old songs more often during their gigs.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old October 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

I've just noticed that Peaceville's done exactly the same with the first Opeth live album, but this time they won't have my money, sorry.

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old October 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Nightmist
Cuore Rossoblω

mmh i hoped in a special edition of The Blue, like those for The great Cold Distance or A Line Of Deathless Kings, but it seems there will be only a regular edition. Moreover, i've seen Peaceville is doing some special offers on their shop, selling their last releases and a t-shirt with a special price, so sign of this offer for The blue...

Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:44 AM   #41 (permalink)
songless

Heh, Carmelo looks like Dani Filth in the wallpaper band's photo at peaceville minisite. Well, of course Carmelo looks better
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

Naaah, come on, the eyes are completely different!

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
AngelOfDeath
I like to dissect women

I like it more then Materia, tho that was a good cd but alot less agressive. I love the older cds and keep them close to opeth for a reason. I like it tho i need to listen more, ive been stuck on Decadence and Non human level lately.

Old November 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
carotapacioccia
I love Kebab&CocaCola

NOVEMBREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This album is great!
The more I hear to it...
The more I like it

Ciao Diandra pazzerella ...

ragazzi ci vediamo al concerto certo certo!

grazie carmelito
grazie massimino
grazie beppuccio
grazie luchillo

Old November 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
Pierrot
hoshizora

Quote:
Originally Posted by carotapacioccia View Post
Ciao Diandra pazzerella ...
uθ ciao, chi si rivede

Anyway, today I saw The Blue IN A SHOP!!!! oh oh oh! *happy dance*
Old November 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #46 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

I've just read that the gig in Este together with Ensoph has been postponed... So I can attend the gig of EntombeD without thinkin' that Novembre are playin' somewhere else. Though I'm sorry for a couple or three of you from here, but the date will be recovered soon!

Unfortunately 'The Blue' hasn't arrived yet here in Florence . I was sure that I would've spent the whole afternoon in listenin' the cd with the booklet in hands, reading lyrix and so forth, but it won't arrive before next week-end.

@ Spectral Sorrow
I've just read the interview on Metalitalia and noticed with pleasure that Carmelo prefers the same new songs as me , such as 'Bluecracy', but especially the last 3 episodes, which are really outstanding ! Also what he says about the colour of his music...
Well, I haven't liked answers related to home & foreign politics so much to be honest, but was a very good interview.

Spectral, Nightimist, if you've found latest reviews and interviews pls, tell me, bcs I'm workin' too much lately and I don't have so much time to wander 'round here, tks!

††† ††† †††

My fansite:

Last edited by Wildhoney : November 10th, 2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #47 (permalink)
carotapacioccia
I love Kebab&CocaCola

lyrics ...

I tried hard this week end in Verona but since "pentagramma" closed...

the metal scene in Verona saw disappear the best shop ever had

I WANT TO UNDERSTAND (hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah )
what they say....

NOVEMBREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old November 15th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

I was thinkin' that for me was easier findin' their records when they were on Polyphemus than now that they're with Peaceville, anyway... Saturday is near, I hope it will arrive in the shops!

††† ††† †††

My fansite:
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #49 (permalink)
Nightmist
Cuore Rossoblω

Peaceville artist seem to be banned form recors shop here, i always have to order them from web <.<

Old November 17th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

I got it today, finally
And I have to tell you Nightimist that you were wrong, 'coz it was released on a beautiful edition, not a simple jewel case as for the previous records. I won't tell you anything else for the moment, just make it yours soon!
Now let me go to sleep and think about me tomorrow evening, makin' some at the gig of AnathemA!

††† ††† †††

My fansite: