Nuclear Blast America  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Labels and Vendors > Nuclear Blast America
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
manannan

DIMMU BORGIR - The Unvaluable Darkness DVD issue

Hail! I just wanna say that I recently bought this dvd and on one of the shows that are included inside - "Wacken" '2007 there is no sound whatsoever, either in Stereo or 5.1 Surround Sound mode!!! Does anybody else have the same trouble with this release and if so, does he/she have any information about how to deal with this problem or I am simply screwed with this one ? Thanks!

P.S. : Yes, this is a Nuclear Blast release!!!!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
sumairetsu
Joker's Favorite

Are you using an older DVD player? It could be the programming on the disc is causing a malfunction with your player requiring you to go into the menu and pick a sound option before you can play it back properly on your player.

Also, thanks for letting me know about this. I know the publicity staff at NB is usually swamped with work, but I didn't even know this was out. Now, I have to go get it!

Websites for my music project:

Pragmatic Sanction

Our spot on MySpace.com

ダーサンさんはばっかです。 あなたは本当に愚かなんでしょう。
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
foodforthegods

It seems that all the copies have been removed from the shelves. When will it be available again??? I cant find it anywhere in canada.
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
manannan

There is nothing wrong with my dvd-player the model is from '2004, nor with any of the other four (4!!!) different players that I tried, the same problem shows up every time! It is the same also with my computer - there is just no sound of any kind (stereo or surround!) on the Wacken - show! If this is the same with all the copies I can see why somebody would remove them from the store-shelves... !!!
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
foodforthegods

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=107824

this might help you.
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
manannan

Thanks a lot! That was really useful info, now at least I know that there is nothing wrong with my equipment but the whole bullshit is because of “an original release”-fault made by the label itself! Next time I’m gonna thing twice before wasting my money for original copy again!!!
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
sumairetsu
Joker's Favorite

Okay, I just picked up the disc set and, sure enough, there is no audio from the Blu-ray player. Trying to change the audio channel on the disc with the remote control brings up a message that says, "There is no audio." Well, that's just bloody lovely!

Websites for my music project:

Pragmatic Sanction

Our spot on MySpace.com

ダーサンさんはばっかです。 あなたは本当に愚かなんでしょう。
Old November 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
manannan

Well, I can sincerely say that I know how you feel! I was hoping that by posting this topic I would help to prevent at least those from you that have read it from baying this crap! I am sorry to find that I was wrong !!!!!
Old November 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
manannan

http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/nb/v2...php?newsID=637
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
ojready

you'd think they'd have some quality control procedures in place to ensure this kind of thing didn't happen