Turisas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Turisas > Off Topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Lapin Kulta
Evil invader

Vacation starts tomorrow!!! Wohooo!

Summer is here...at last! Tomorrow the school-year here in Sweden finally comes to an end and thus I have 10 weeks of sweeeeeeeeeeet vacation to look forward to!

What are you guys up to this summer? Festivals n' shit?

Personally I'll be home alone most of the summer with my daughter as my fiancée is working. There's not really much in terms of decent concerts here in the northernmost parts of Sweden. I'll see Soilwork, Gary Moore and Nazareth this summer, that's pretty much it hahaha I'll probably go to QStock in Oulu (Finland) in the middle of August to see Moonsorrow, Reverend Bizarre, Dismember, Duskfall among others.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
KristJaeger
Black Thrash Attack!

fuck off

I still have to do 2 exams, which is not much, so I guess i'm lucky...
I gonna spend all my money in the beginning of the vacation... I'm heading towards The Midsummer Massacre in Stockholm the 24th of June!!
after that, I'll see...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tonberry
Cutthroat Crusader

Ha - I have 8 more exams to go, followed by a well earned trip to Greece
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Feel_The_Force
Thrash 'Til Death!!

I still have loads of exams, but only another week more of them, i have history this afternoon!
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mr. Lapin Kulta
Evil invader

Aaaah, life is good. Sitting in front of the computer with a cup of black coffee, "Blessed are the Sick" blasting from the stereo. The taste of freedom is sweet A bit hungover from drinking last night with my co-workers. I bought 24 Lapin Kulta's last night and only 6 remain. Good party
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Feel_The_Force
Thrash 'Til Death!!

I hope there was some Turisas blasting out
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Lapin Kulta
Evil invader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_The_Force
I hope there was some Turisas blasting out
You mean at the party last night? Hahaha, nah not really. My co-workers are all somewhere between 35 and 65 years old, plus 95% are women. Only one of my colleagues listen to metal, he's 40, and he's all about NWOBHM.

It was still a nice party though. Middle-aged women know how to party!
Old June 10th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tonberry
Cutthroat Crusader

Isn't NWOBHM the Old WOBHM by now?
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
KristJaeger
Black Thrash Attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristJaeger
fuck off

I still have to do 2 exams, which is not much, so I guess i'm lucky...
I gonna spend all my money in the beginning of the vacation... I'm heading towards The Midsummer Massacre in Stockholm the 24th of June!!
after that, I'll see...
Dissection owns you all bitches!!
best gig EVER, and I don't see anyone beat that... unbelievable experience...
Old July 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
melchen
I AM NNT DSUNK!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lapin Kulta
Summer is here...at last! Tomorrow the school-year here in Sweden finally comes to an end and thus I have 10 weeks of sweeeeeeeeeeet vacation to look forward to!

What are you guys up to this summer? Festivals n' shit?

Personally I'll be home alone most of the summer with my daughter as my fiancée is working. There's not really much in terms of decent concerts here in the northernmost parts of Sweden. I'll see Soilwork, Gary Moore and Nazareth this summer, that's pretty much it hahaha I'll probably go to QStock in Oulu (Finland) in the middle of August to see Moonsorrow, Reverend Bizarre, Dismember, Duskfall among others.
hm, well first part of summer-holiday is almost over. i took off 5 weeks from work and travelled around norway/sweden/finland. i think i've been in the area that you live, too.. however, i really enjoyed it. after this, friends of mine flew to finland to come with me and other finnish friends to nummirock and tuska. we've been to oulu the days between. tuska was really awesome and we had a really good time. actually my friends still are in helsinki now, they have their flight tomorrow - they will be back home before my ferry even arrives in germany! ARGH! right now, i am cruising somewhere in the baltic sea, be back home somewhen on thursday and have my university entry exam on friday! :-D right after this i'll be travelling to chiasso (southern switzerland), to see a festival with eluveitie. well then, mostly "normal" life again, office work with some nice festivals between (baden im blut or earthshaker/metal camp, wacken, party-san, and then either jalometalli or summerbreeze). summer ends in october, either with starting new studies or going "only" to work.

looks like, being a teacher in the north owns a lot. we "only" have 5 weeks summer holidays in switzerland in general school, yet 13 weeks the whole year.
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Feel_The_Force
Thrash 'Til Death!!

I don't have anything to do for like 2 months
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
CliffBurton

I finnished school in the middle of the year, and had no exams, and in teh past 3 years I have maybe had a total of 6 exams
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikk View Post
Listen to Cliff Burton!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAbusedOne View Post
seems like i'm 2 stupid
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
lunatic_cherry
a.k.a. Kirsikka

So that's the Final Countdown!!!
In about 2 1/2 hours I'm officially on holidays and heading for Wacken and Party-San!!!
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Locke the Wannabe Viking
happy little boozer

I have Vacation since 3 weeks. Man that means the half is over, but next week is Wacken, hell yeah.
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
suns_recline
rabble rabble rabble

4 days left till wacken.
out of all the crap im doing this summer(or ever do atually) this is the (non-geeky)highlight thus i see no reason to mention anything else.
except maybe bloodstock which has been and gone and i have already bought it up on the forum.
-e
xx
Old June 25th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Phoenix_heart_opera

We got vacation a week ago and we still have 2 months and 3 weeks of deep and almost infinite pleasure!

---- Last of the wilds ----