Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > Old School

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old School Talk about 80s Metal, Thrash etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wyvern
Master of Disaster

Photos of Bill Ward Removed from BlackSabbath.com

This actually sickens me...

http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews...cksabbath-com/

May God protect us from those who would speak in His name.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
HipnikDragomir
Il Greeco

That's a shame. Actually removing him from the site seems like too much. At least the rest of the group is continuing.
Old May 19th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Umodian
Satanic as Hell

Absolutely ridiculous. I sincerely hope the other band members have nothing to do with it.
For some reason I'm thinking this is mostly Sharon, but nevertheless very sad indeed.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
TageRyche

Seems like a major dick move by the band or whomever operates the website.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bryant
Mr. Sleepy

Personally, I think they all need to grow up, including Bill. He certainly had his part in this...... You would think 60+ year-old men would go about things in a better way. I guarantee you Sharon has quite a bit to do with this as well though.

Bryant

Bryant
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Umodian
Satanic as Hell

Bit of an update from Geezer: http://www.geezerbutler.com/2012/05/heavy-heart/
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kybaraian

It seems to me that the band members have nothing to do with what's going on. The people that run the site, the lawyers, and all the other people Geezer mentions are probably the ones to blame.
The pantheistic mainstream asari religion is Siari, which translates roughly as "All is one." They agree on certain core truths: the universe is a consciousness, every life within it is an aspect of the greater whole, and death is a merging of one's spiritual energy back into greater universal consciousness. They don't specifically believe in reincarnation; they believe that spiritual energy returning to the universal consciousness upon death will eventually be used to fill new mortal vessels.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wyvern
Master of Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umodian View Post
Quote:
"Apparently, this wasn’t acceptable to Bill’s representatives, they wanted an amount that was so unrealistic that it seemed to have been a joke. So we resigned ourselves to doing Download without Bill, hoping he’d change his mind and at least make a guest appearance. "
Talking about a soap opera...smells like $$$haron indeed. But I agree with Bryant they all should grow, musicians of this caliber fighting through representatives and lawyers, to get on stage and play

Old May 21st, 2012, 04:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
SickBoy
Croatian Panzer division

Damn money, spoils all the fun in music...

www.myspace.com/stimulans

Interested in StimulanS' CD or a t-shirt?
E-mail us at metalstimulans@gmail.com and get yourself one! Or two (we won't mind)
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wyvern
Master of Disaster

I started to believe that metal needs a soap opera to keep on going form time to time. So let's continue with All My Children of the Grave

Quote:
Response To Geezer’s Statement

Dear Sabbath Fans and Musicians,

I have read Geezer’s statement of May 19, 2012 titled “Heavy Heart.” Out of respect for the Birmingham gig, I wanted to wait 24 hours before releasing this statement. There are some points he brought up which I want to respond to.

1) I had indeed notified Ozzy, Tony and Geezer, well before my first public statement, that I was having contractual difficulties.

2) I came out into a public forum to be accountable to the fans primarily, and to say at a public level there’s a problem. The band members stopped talking and corresponding with me some time ago, with the exception of a nice letter from Tony on my birthday. Prior to that, Geezer and I were corresponding, but that stopped abruptly in late February after I emailed a specific question to him.

3) In my statement of May 15, I clearly stated I would play Birmingham for free. That was not a problem – charity or otherwise.

4) My Download fee was not an extravagant amount. Originally, when Download was part of a full tour, I had asked for a decent fee. More recently, as we were negotiating just Download/Birmingham and Lollapalooza, I told my attorney that I would accept the proposed small Download fee, but there were other parts of the offer that were unsatisfactory.

I will continue to be honest and respectful towards the band and our fans. I will also confront any untruths about me, and any fault finding missions aimed at me that come to my attention.

I hope the band and the fans had a good gig in Brum.

Stay safe/stay strong.
Bill Ward