Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > Old School

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old School Talk about 80s Metal, Thrash etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Metal Dog
Prowling in the night

White WIddow One for the classic rock fans

White Widdow! I had both their albums (White Widdow and Serenade) as christmas presents and when I heard they were coming to my town I had to see them live. I certainly wasn't dissapointed! Playing an even split of material from both albums (12 sons in total) they kicked off with the track Cry Wolf. As this is my favourite track I would have preffered to hear it later in the set but having missed the other two bands on the bill it was a good one to get me warmed up and enjoying the show.followed by One More Day and Strangers In The Night there was a hiccup during the early songs with the sound, I think something to do with keyboard and mike levels not being right but I know nothing of technical stuff only what sounds good and what doesn't and to me they sounded fantastic. Then came Cross To Bare, title track from the second album Serenade (which I could have quite happily led myself to believe any one of the band was singing just to me. Ladies these guys are remarkably easy on the eye!) and We've Got The Wings which all went down well with the crowd and a number of voices were audibly singing along. Show Your Cards, Tokyo Rain and ballad Do You Remember continued to keep the crowd happy as did the stage presence of this stunning frontman complimented by his amazing band mates. The perpetual motion of the singer was proven by a guy in the crowd who shouted at him to stand still as he had been unable to get a decent picture of him. Jules oblidgingly posed for the camera and the show continued. (His boots also posed for a photo at one point and although they didn't steal the limelight they were fairly fantastic hey I'm a girl, we notice these things) On to the final three and we got Change Of Passion, Reckless Nights (the party rock anthem from the second album and a good contender to rival the likes of Kiss's Crazy Nights and Poison's Nothin' But A Good Time) and finally Broken Hearts Won't Last Forever finished a strong, quality performance. Check them out. You won't be sorry!
And war is what unmasks us
Taken from "Over There"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wyvern
Master of Disaster

Nice you could see a band you like right in your own turf.

Gonna check upon them, thanks for the info.

May God protect us from those who would speak in His name.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hawk
Henri Serton

Why not post a song of them?

I like what I am hearing.
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
carnut
\m/

Yeah, sounds very solid AOR to me !!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Trans-Siberian Outcast
Savaholic

Holy 1986, Batman!
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
poundingmetal74
Demons Will Fly

Wasn't White Widow the band that covered Shakin' All Over (and weren't they from Minnesota?)

Listen to Demons Will Fly (Old school power metal)

Watch the latest PowerMetalPoint episode,
So You Want to Buy an Electric Guitar?
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
speed103

I have i think 2 of their cdrs.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Metal Dog
Prowling in the night

Hey guys, nice to see some of you have taken an interest and thank you Hawk for posting the youtube link Just a quick update for anyone who might be interested Jules (frontman for White Widdow) has stepped in to front the current line-up of Tigertailz!! He will also still be singing for White Widdow though
And war is what unmasks us
Taken from "Over There"
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Big D

I have "Serenade" and it's pretty good AOR. I await further developments with interest.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shadow King

Quote:
Originally Posted by poundingmetal74 View Post
Wasn't White Widow the band that covered Shakin' All Over (and weren't they from Minnesota?)
They are from Australia, Jules is a friend of mine. He also sings in a band called The Deadthings.