Opeth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Unofficial / Extra / Archived Forums > Opeth (Archived)
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thared33

Important question for Mike

I've got an important question for Mike. I looked for an email address but didn't find one. How should I contact him?

Last edited by Thared33 : August 12th, 2009 at 03:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Space Butler
Varg stabbed first

Well, he is on the forum so you could ask your question here and he may answer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thared33

I just noticed that... I don't visit here often but now I know! Ok here goes.

Mike, if you had to do it over again, would you hide yourself a bit more for privacy reasons? What I mean is bias in people and maybe taking on anonymity to counter that. People are treated very differently when they've got some kind of fame or notoriety. Michael Jackson said that if he could do it over, he'd do it without the fame. We all need sincerity in others and I don't imagine having a bit of fame would help that. I'm talking mostly on a personal level, dealing with people such as friends, and girls (I know you're married but you know what I mean).

It'd be interesting to hear your take because both ways seem to have their ups and downs.

Last edited by Thared33 : August 12th, 2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Antyman
En Ful Jävel

I think most celebrities are bullshittin about disliking being famous. Take Britney for example. she did a ripoff of the old Michael Jackson album (the entire theme of it was saying how sorry people should feel about her cause she has no privacy and the media is so cruel!), but in fact she chose to make her carreer that way. I don't think it's a coincidence that she or Paris Hilton is in the papers everyday, as that's the way they are making money. I also don't think that it was a coincidence that their "sex-tapes" got out to public.

Now I realised.. I have no idea why I wrote this.
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nasty-Fire
Discursion

I don't think we'll get any reply with that question. I was expecting something more... significant, or something more "important" like the title above seems to describe. Let me remind you that Mikael indeed visits this place but cannot answer every little questions like this. And he's rarely here, you need to be quite lucky to catch him and be here all the time (like I do).

And I don't think Mr. Akerfeldt have that much problems with privacy, unlike what Mr. Jackson had to live. Sure, he's famous somehow but it's not getting extraordinarily huge and over his head. On the contrary, being a new metal band I'd be happy if the world knew about what I do. In this domain, gaining popularity is sure useful but all that really matters is the art of music. Privacy issues are for Hollywood.
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crackfare
VagiAddict

On myspace, Mikael replies to my msg. half the time.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Antyman
En Ful Jävel

^ "STOP SPAMIN ME YOU JERK!"?
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
choppeth

M. Jackson vs. M. Akerfeldt,
it'd be a nice "celebrity deathmatch"!
heheh
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
MAYH6

^
that would be easy for M. Akerfeldt ...jackson is already dead
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Space Butler
Varg stabbed first

^
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
choppeth

Old August 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kamel
Trollhunter

so, did he answer yet?
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thared33

Nah. I'm probably going to contact him on myspace or something. It's a very important, personal question for me.
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Nasty-Fire
Discursion

Explain what makes it so important and personal please I'm very intrigued.