Orphaned Land  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Orphaned Land
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Folklore
Orphaned Avi (not drumer)

Arrow Orphaned Land - recording ORwarriOR, a diary from the studio

patience has its advantages!!

R.I.P. COWBOY

Last edited by Folklore : March 14th, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kenneth R.
Cináed

awesome, recording!!!

The greatest story leaves you before a door to the dark. felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

Oh my gods, goddeses, deities, nature elements, spirits of ancestors, animal totems, demiurgs and the universal mind, Mr. Buzuki al Saz ibn Oud has recovered his clavicle and ready to rock, wearing a conceptual t-shirt!
You rock Avi, thanks for the news, everyone is praying.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Messiakh
I smell like cheese

Is this from the recording of the new album? If so that is awesome, can't wait to hear... really can't!

BTW is it only me or Yossi does looks persian? I don't know, I'm a persian and I happen to know alot of guys who look like him, or have same facial features.

Oh well, we middle easterns are very related... ethinicly.
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
AnTz0r
Crimson King

finally, something...
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Folklore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiakh View Post
Is this from the recording of the new album? If so that is awesome, can't wait to hear... really can't!

BTW is it only me or Yossi does looks persian? I don't know, I'm a persian and I happen to know alot of guys who look like him, or have same facial features.

Oh well, we middle easterns are very related... ethinicly.

I actually think he is Partly Iraqi Jewish.

R.I.P. COWBOY
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Messiakh
I smell like cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folklore View Post
I actually think he is Partly Iraqi Jewish.
This explains it, Iran and Iraq are close and they have a history together.

And I agree with you Postmodernist.

Last edited by Messiakh : February 26th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ollo-San
Ollo-San

I've already seen those pics on Kobi's page on Facebook. I hope to see more pics of the recording very soon !

Peace Nature and Respect
http://www.myspace.com/urigreen
http://orphaned-land35.forumactif.com/
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Yossi_Orphaned_Land

Indeed we're recording OrwarriOr, finally! :-) and my clavicle is totally healed, faster than estimated.

Btw, I have Iraqi, Greek and Libian roots, also I was told I look turkish and persian in the past ... :-) my libian family is originally from Italy, so.. it's a mess, I know! I am from all over the globe! ;-)

Recording some wonderful tunes for you all..
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

Hallelujah! I guess our prayers have been answered. And a nice collection of instruments there. Good to know that Avi remembered the existence of the international forum.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

As far as I know with the new release there will be a new website. Dates are for now undisclosed....
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ollo-San
Ollo-San

thank you Nathalie, you're the best

Peace Nature and Respect
http://www.myspace.com/urigreen
http://orphaned-land35.forumactif.com/
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Folklore

STUDIO REPORT

Orphaned Land has entered the studio for the recording of her forth album "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR".
The album is dued to be out in around October through Century Media, and the band is expected to go on tour following the album.

Kobi Farhi, Orphaned Land Vocalist: "we are very excited to finally get into the studio, we`ve work very hard on the album. We dont like to repeat ourselves and the new album will sound like a direct link to Mabool. We love renovating music and I believe we'll be able to do that with ORwarriOR, our best album so far imho.
The album will include 15 tracks and it'll be long as usual, over 70 muntues.
As we always do, we'll update you on the recordings through this studio diary here on our forum, along with pictures.

STEVEN WILSON, the man behind Porcupine Tree and thee Opeth albums, hooked up with Orphaned Land a few years ago, and he will do the albums keyboard and mix work at his home studio in London.
Wilson says "OL are a bunch of "Heavy" people", and in a serious manner he adds "Im glad, we'll finally do this album!!!".

R.I.P. COWBOY
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

OMG, October... Oh, ok, another 6 months don't make a big difference after over 4 years that passed since Mabool release.
Besides, Estatic Fear are also planning to release something in autumn 2009.

I can assume from the signature on cymbals that Mr.Avi Diamond is back, at least for studio recording. That's good, he's a wonderful drummer. And Wilson on keyboards is gooood!

Toda raba for the update!

http://www.oddmusic.com/gallery/index.html

http://liberalislam.net
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Kenneth R.
Cináed

great news!!

The greatest story leaves you before a door to the dark. felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
Old March 6th, 2009, 03:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Leilani

Thank you for these great pictures and I can't waite for the new album.
Old March 6th, 2009, 04:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Scorpy
Metal az esz!

Coooooooool news! I just can't wait to hear the album
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ko_B
Orphaned Kobi

Hello there to all the orphans!

It's been a while since i wrote here, as you know we are at the recording process of ORwarriOR.

We are working very hard, exited and enjoying playing the new songs, always wondering what will you all think when you'll get your hands and ears on them

So far we were 68 hours at the studio and we have recordrd 100% of the drums, 99% of the bass guitar and 90% of the classic, buzuki & Saz guitars.

We will keep on updating you here with news from the studio and pgotos of course.

Let there be light!
Kobi

A Tango between God & Satan.
Old March 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

Shalom Kobi the Fifth Prophet of metal
Thank you for the direct and wonderful info! You guys are enormously industrious!

I contacted the Jewish community of my city to find out the translation and history beyond the song Sapari - perhaps will find someone to translate it on the next shabbath.
Or, could you please share the lyrics in Classical Hebrew, translation and idea beyond?

Toda raba haver!

Old March 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ko_B
Orphaned Kobi

Sapari was written in the 17th century by Sa'adia ben Amram, in Yemen. it is sang in half hebrew half Yemenite.
the basic idea of the song is that the poet is making a dialog with his soul, "Sapari" means - "Tell me" in hebrew. he ask his inner spirit to tell him where is "she" while he is in yemen, the soul answer that she is in the high heavens, inside the heart of a ship, wearing her coat of beauty, and the dialog goes on...
on a conceptual level of the new album - just as the poet meant, the warrior is making a dialog with his soul before coming into our darkend life. 'Sapari' will be the opener of the new album and the first single.

Old March 9th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Soundscape

Shalom!..happy upcoming Purim to all the Orphaned Land faithful!....it's very good to learn of the news of this highly anticipated next album!
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

Ko_B: Thank you sooo much for your ultraquick answer! That's very interesting information.

I found out from Facebook that it's Shlomit Levi's birthday today! Everyone can greet her personally: shlolev[removethis]@gmail.com
Her solo CD is going to be like another acoustic ORwarriOR for me - like Kobi's, her voice can take you to heaven (heaven+hell in Kobi's case)

Old March 11th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

Thanks for the info Kobi. Sounds promising. And I love that Sapari song. Great to make it an opener- hi hi that will be interesting for people who don't know the band yet and are thinking they gonna hear a metal album. Im certain they'll find it a pleasant surprise though
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ko_B
Orphaned Kobi

From Century Media and Blabermouth's sites -

Israel's progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND are currently recording the highly anticipated follow-up to 2004's "Mabool". "ORwarriOr" will be mixed by legendary musician/producer Steven Wilson (PORCUPINE TREE, OPETH) and is tentatively due in the fall via Century Media Records.

Commented vocalist Kobi Farhi: "The album is going to be more than 70 minutes long, and, as usual, many traditional instruments and languages will be involved in the process. In my opinion, this is the best ORPHANED LAND album ever! We can't wait for you to put your hands on it and we look forward to tour and meet you all on the road!"

You can read ORPHANED LAND's regularly updated studio diary at this location.

Steven Wilson added: "Finally! I am very happy and look forward to mix ORPHANED LAND's new album. I'm sure this will be one of the greatest and most original albums in the metal scene!"

Old March 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Tabletwister
O.la K.ala

I salute my orphaned brothers!

It's been for so long time being inactive...hope everyone is doing great and judging from the news i'll sure try to visit more often. I read some really great news, the new album is finally taking shape, it's something that really makes me happy and exited! Well done everybody keeping our OL warriors alive! It's time to get OL back on rails and spread the word around!!!

Cheers everyone