Orphaned Land  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Orphaned Land
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #151 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

@Edgeofforever:
Hey man, where are you from?

Please look through the following thread for information on different ways to get the limited edition:
ORwarriOR: order the album + delivery terms.

I'm sending you the lyrics.

http://www.oddmusic.com/gallery/index.html

http://liberalislam.net

Last edited by Postmodernist : February 9th, 2010 at 12:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #152 (permalink)
RequiemX
King of Ithaca

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon.com. They said it was the CD w/ DVD, but it arrived today and it's the CD only.

I even opened the case, thinking the DVD was inside somehow, but no.

I didn't even know the CD-only release was coming to the US.

Now I have to try to get them to take it back opened.

BTW, I'm listening to it anyway and it's great.
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #153 (permalink)
TormentaMuluc
Magdalena

I received The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR anxiously, even I couldn’t believe that I was holding it in my hands… taking out the transparent paper, an initial surprise with the texture of the box and the vibration of colors, it was increasing while I open it and found this presentation as a book, again with that marvelous texture, the image of that kind of handmade paper and that ink dancing in all pages, guiding to a lecture, to a dance with the words, drawings, lines, dots, to keep on the rhythm inside the CD and the coolest DVD!... By now I have listened lot of times the CD, first with the inevitable euphoria of discover the new music, the rhythms, the voices, the variations of intensity in music. Some after with the DVD, having a refreshing and enthusiastic impression of the creation of this production, IŽd enjoy it, because it has just everything that the art of a production like this has to be, it make the dream come true for the understanding of such a work! Again, after looking at this, I listen again the CD, but now following the lyrics, and again, I feel amazed because of the relation between the lyrics and the music, just as one, full of concepts, ideas, emotions, challenges… And now I still want to keep on listening to enrich much more my words, because this album just have too much to be resumed in some lines…. Greets!

Muluc=storm/moon, light inside a dream to be continue
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #154 (permalink)
Chanakya
Orphaned Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by TormentaMuluc View Post
I received The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR anxiously, even I couldn’t believe that I was holding it in my hands… taking out the transparent paper, an initial surprise with the texture of the box and the vibration of colors, it was increasing while I open it and found this presentation as a book, again with that marvelous texture, the image of that kind of handmade paper and that ink dancing in all pages, guiding to a lecture, to a dance with the words, drawings, lines, dots, to keep on the rhythm inside the CD and the coolest DVD!... By now I have listened lot of times the CD, first with the inevitable euphoria of discover the new music, the rhythms, the voices, the variations of intensity in music. Some after with the DVD, having a refreshing and enthusiastic impression of the creation of this production, IŽd enjoy it, because it has just everything that the art of a production like this has to be, it make the dream come true for the understanding of such a work! Again, after looking at this, I listen again the CD, but now following the lyrics, and again, I feel amazed because of the relation between the lyrics and the music, just as one, full of concepts, ideas, emotions, challenges… And now I still want to keep on listening to enrich much more my words, because this album just have too much to be resumed in some lines…. Greets!

Wow ! I could actually imagine that happening as I went through pretty much the same experience. Tremendous feeling really!
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #155 (permalink)
Dmitry

How i envy you guys!
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #156 (permalink)
Chanakya
Orphaned Brother

Dmitry, I hope you get copy real soon man. Trust me, that feeling when you realize you've received the parcel gets better with after a longer wait
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #157 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

Everyone who got the normal edition should know that it was the label who decided that it was not possible to rpint the lyrics in the booklet- you see that booklet is too thick to fit a normal jewel case. Instead you get parts of the artwork. But why order the jewelcase when you can have the limited one?
Actually I bought both, becausethe artwirk is different and Im just crazy
Anyone looking for the limited edition can find it in our shop www.hayatom.com/shop
DONT WAIT because the limited edition is alost sold out everywhere and then they (ebay, amazon etc) will start to ask ridiculous prices for it you have been warned!
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #158 (permalink)
Chanakya
Orphaned Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by TormentaMuluc View Post
an initial surprise with the texture of the box and the vibration of colors, it was increasing while I open it and found this presentation as a book, again with that marvelous texture, the image of that kind of handmade paper and that ink dancing in all pages, guiding to a lecture, to a dance with the words, drawings, lines, dots, to keep on the rhythm inside the CD and the coolest DVD!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticia NL. View Post
Everyone who got the normal edition should know that it was the label who decided that it was not possible to rpint the lyrics in the booklet- you see that booklet is too thick to fit a normal jewel case.
This is by far the coolest and most unique album I have with me [though I don't have many]. I was so shocked to see the intricacies of the layout work and it actually makes you want to read the lyrics. When I took out the DVD, the detailed version of the new logo surprised me and that's an added bonus I guess

The DVD is good fun, I wish I could have shared it with people in my school as my very un-metal parents actually liked it. They got the message and also understood why I'm something like a fanatic Maybe because I'm exposed to their seriousness through countless interviews, but I was very fascinated/amused by the parts like when Matti and Yossi do their stupid stuff quite randomly
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #159 (permalink)
Wayward son
Carry on my wayward son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticia NL. View Post
But why order the jewelcase when you can have the limited one?
Because two is better than one?

Quote:
Actually I bought both, becausethe artwirk is different and Im just crazy
Same here. And then, because I want an "elegant" copy and an "everyday" one.

I still suffer looking at mine very old El Norra Alila copy (The Holy Record's one) litteraly raped by an asshole... i dont' want to repeat the experience

The Europeans must try on play.com (11.90 Euro and free shipping for the limited version!)
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:30 AM   #160 (permalink)
Chanakya
Orphaned Brother

^

That my friend is the normal Jewel Case version.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM   #161 (permalink)
SonofRuss

My first experience with Orphaned Land was the documentary Global Metal. I never heard of the band before, but when I watched the movie, I was instantly enchanted by the unbelievable music they make.

I just got the new album a few days ago and it is pure magic. One of the most groundshaking albums I heard in the last ten years. It's absolutely wonderful. I'm German and therefore it is great for me to see that there is a band who doesn't care if you are a muslim, a christ or a jew, black or white, and that doesn't care about nationality. It gives me hope that maybe one day, we metal fans around the world can be as one big family. Orphaned Land means hope to me that one day, our terrible past will be forgiven, and my children can play with other children on the streets and nobody cares which god they believe in or which color of skin they have.

Orphaned Land, you guys have done something really important and great with this album and I love you all from the bottom of my heart. I'm hoping for a German Tour in the next years, so I will be able to see you live and personally express my deepest gratitude for this magic and enchanting masterpiece that is The Neverending Way of ORwarriOR.

Let the metal flow!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM   #162 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

SonofRuss, добро пожаловать and thank you for your great words!

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #163 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

Welcome in SonofRuss- and amen to what you say about Orphaned Land and ORwarriOR. It is great to now talk to people who's first acquintance with the band is ORwarriOR. I have no idea what it's like to hear this album, without knowing the rest. You have a lot of good things to come I would say (-:
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #164 (permalink)
SonofRuss

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Well, I heard a few tracks on YouTube before, and the one that convinced me that this band really deserves to be heard was Ocean Land. Kobi is an unbelievable singer, there are not many who are able to growl and sing clear vocals. I was singing in a Death Metal band myself for 3 years and therefore I have an idea how good he truly is. But it's not only Kobi, the rest of the band is doing a great job too, playing their instruments with great virtuosity and accuracy as well. I'm beginning to learn guitar now, and I can only hope that I will be this good some day.

The sound of Orphaned Land reminds me a little of Fates Warning. You don't have it often that a band with their technical abilities sounds so smooth. Not like Dream Theater or Nevermore, where the prog elements are much more in the front of the whole music. That's what really impresses me.
for messages that keep us from the truth
-A Moment of Clarity, Death

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
Gone, but never forgotten
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #165 (permalink)
lozanoje

If you've just got into Orphaned Land, I'd recommend not to hear its alltime masterpiece: Mabool.

Hearing two great albums at the same time it isnt a good idea, probably one of two will "swallow" the other one, shadowing it and you take the risk of unconsciously rejecting the "bad" one, and you wont have the chance to taste two great releases instead of only one.

Wait a few months, digest OW and then taste Mabool as if it was a completely new album of the band. Prepare for the discharge...

lozano
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #166 (permalink)
Chanakya
Orphaned Brother

^

Exact same thing happened after I first heard Mabool. I couldn't tolerate ENA or Sahara for a month or even more. But then I got to grasp it slowly.

@ SonofRuss - What you said about Kobi is very true. The variety in vocals is nothing short of stunning. And just like the others as well it looks like he experiments with his vocals like the 'SW' bit on From Broken Vessels.

Now I feel kinda stupid for singling out From Broken Vessels in my review because it has some of my favourite moments on the album.
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #167 (permalink)
Postmodernist
Yachad el ha'or

My old (~2008) prediction about how ORwarriOR might sound like was partially true
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydzxniyrnyd

Last edited by Postmodernist : March 5th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #168 (permalink)
Burke&HareInc.

Since I'm new here, I've figured this is the best place to start.

Before I write any further, I must point out that I'm new to Orphaned Land and the band's universe. I'm even not very familiar with Middle Eastern rock & metal. So, now if you start thinking "this newbie doesn't know what he's talking about", yes, you're completely right.

My thoughts on "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR";
the album has had many, many spins in my CD-player and Winamp and still it never ceases to amaze me. I could go on about the sophisticated arrangements and the impeccable execution but albeit being true, it's something that everybody has noticed and pointed out. No point in repeating it.
So, what's truely amazing about the album is the richness and depth of the concept and the music. OL doesn't fight differences, they embrace them and use them to create music & art and to evolve the listener. As Kobi points out in "Codeword:Uprising" "the yin and yang enthwined". Darkness and Light, West and East, God and Satan, old poems and new lyics. By embracing those differences, the music doesn't just sound brave, it makes brave. You feel enrichend and wiser after listening to this album. As far as I know, no other artist or band has ever been this daring in combining impossible elements.
Long story short, it's an incredible, deep and almost philosofical album that, for me personally, is up there with Metallica's "Ride the Lightning", Kyuss' "Blues for the Red Sun" and Jimi Hendrix' "Electric Ladyland" and I'm looking forward to discovering more of this band and seeing them live.
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #169 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke&HareInc. View Post
Before I write any further, I must point out that I'm new to Orphaned Land and the band's universe. I'm even not very familiar with Middle Eastern rock & metal. So, now if you start thinking "this newbie doesn't know what he's talking about", yes, you're completely right.
Welcome in Burke&HareInc. No problem when you are a newbie, people inhere are tolerant and ready to answer questions you might have. Hope to see you here often.
Old April 10th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #170 (permalink)
Burke&HareInc.

Thanks for the kind words, Morticia, or should I say "heel erg bedankt"?
The few topics that I have browsed , all went very civilised. Even the Metallica one. There was no shouting or calling names. I've found no childish argues or quarrels. Just very mature people who provide interesting reading material.
Old April 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #171 (permalink)
Kenneth R.
Cináed

Welcome Burke!

I keep listening to the new album... it is so damned good. I showed it to my wife and she loves it too! And a mutual friend of ours, and more friends and more friends

The greatest story leaves you before a door to the dark. felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #172 (permalink)
Burke&HareInc.

Hehe, I do the same thing. When friends come over, I tell them I've got something they must hear.
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #173 (permalink)
great_kthulu
Greater Evil

Album was exelent, I had heard of the band but never really looked into them, bought it on a whim when I saw it on sale for 5 bucks, and was blown away!!! defenetly a top ten competitor for the year, and am really looking forward to seeing the band on the 11th at the palladium!
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #174 (permalink)
FiveString
Fly on Little Wing

What a Bang for Yo Buck!

Hail, Great Kthulu,

Those were the best five bucks you ever spent...just sayin.' Unless you scored a top-notch dimebag once Nah, still the best.

I'm no fanboy of anybody, but I love & respect this band like no other, because it doesn't just crank out original music--lots of bands do that.

But OL is a heck of a lot more than a band with great music and deep lyrics: For one, the boys mean everything they say. For, uh, two, their music is changing things for lots of people in a tragic part of the world. And, yeah, for three, even the Europeans dig 'em.

Now that's rare as the diamond I haven't bought my girlfriend
That's what throws a man off--that extra alternative. Just when he has come to realize that living consists in choosing wrongly between two alternatives, to have to choose among three. / William Faulkner: Mountain Victory.

Last edited by FiveString : September 5th, 2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #175 (permalink)
Morticia NL.
Orphaned sister

Welome welcome great kthulu. How remarkable you bought to album in a whim like that. Isn't it great to discover the surprise inside ey.
So all you lucky people in the USA, the guys are about to land your shores. Be sure to go and catch a show when you can, because this is really something else. For 1- they don't play all tracks like they are on the albums note for note, but like to change a thing here and there- also instruments! Rare to see that with a band.
2- the guys are pretty accessible when there is time for a chat after a show.

All info concerning tickets etc can be found on the bands page, under dates.