Nightwish (unofficial) - Ocean Souls of America fan club forum  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Nightwish (unofficial) > OSA Lounge
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

OSA Lounge (Off topic goes here)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:12 AM   #76 (permalink)
Calinn
Queen of Sleep

I'm here too, sweethearts!<3 Still Calinn, from the dying ex-official NW forum.

Name: Alessia
Located: Italy, Tuscany, Montepulciano
hobbies: drawing, comics, music, piano, writing, reading, uhm, gardening, roleplaying, wasting time, complaining.
fave bands: Tori Amos (fangirling), Nightiwish, Rammstein, Kamelot, Helloween, random stuff.
Religion: Nyarlathotep
Smoker: nay
drinker: yesss!! But I get drunk too fast.
additional info: I have serious issues with telephones and autority I'm a good and lovely gal, my friends say I'm kinda tactless and bitchy but that's no true. I'm simply honest <3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Hey Calinn, good to see you here!

Oceansouls of America: Marco's favorite obscure cult since 2003!

OSA's Resident Bitch: Pissing in Your Haterade Since 1978.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 2nd, 2011, 01:20 AM   #78 (permalink)
drinkingtea

Name: DrinkingTea
Located: Texas
hobbies: Hearing music and a shocking number of domestic things like cooking, sewing, and reading. Some writing.
fave bands: Agnostic Front; Goatwhore; Nightwish; Sodom; Testament; Hypocrisy; Pain; Xasthur; Kreator; old CoC; Korpiklaani; Death; Samael; Amorphis; Dragonlord; Death A.D.; older Finntroll; Anthrax, Nuclear Assault; Bad Religion; Judas Priest
Religion: I eat donuts in December instead of putting a tree up in the living room.
Smoker: no
drinker: no, but if there is apple wine enough, I'll have some!
additional info: I hung out on the other forum. Not sure if I'll go with it when it moves, but I found the most shockingly nice people there and am happy to see some of the same names here.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 02:01 AM   #79 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Welcome!

Old December 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #80 (permalink)
pere
Feral falcon

Hello

I've been snooping around in your forum every now and then, so when C.. cordially invited me to actually join I thought why not.

So, some random info about me:
Nationality: Finnish
Live in: Finland
Profession: translator
Interests: reading, writing, birds, music, vulgar humour, history

Maybe that's enough for now; ask for gory details if you're curious enough. Since probably most people on a NW forum are more or less interested in Finnish and Finland, I'll be happy to help if something perplexes you as regards these.
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #81 (permalink)
The Witchdrummer

Hey there! People from the former official English forum probably know me already, but I'll post one of these anyway. XD I'm sorry if I'm not very active now, but I need to learn how to use this forum first!

Name: The Witchdrummer

Interests: Life, love and nature, trains, My Little Pony (G1 only!), piercings/tattoos, music, and tons of other things!

Favourite bands: Where to start? XD Here's a few, in no particular order:

Nightwish
Tarja
The Cranberries
The Cranberry Saw Us
The Moody Blues
Luka Bloom
Christy Moore
Melanie
Jethro Tull
Ian Anderson
(Old) Within Temptation
Tarot
Delain
(Old) Nemesea
(Old) Theatre Of Tragedy
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Leaves' Eyes
Harvey Andrews
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Drake Bell

Religion: Mine!

Smoker: No.

Drinker: Ugh, no.

Additional info: I am the fool on the hill.

Last edited by The Witchdrummer : December 4th, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #82 (permalink)
Calinn
Queen of Sleep

Hi!!!! Welcome!
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #83 (permalink)
Himiko

Hi there- I also joined after the closing of the old official forum, some of you might have seen me over there:

Name: Himiko (Emma is my actual name, but it is also ridiculously common, so it's probably simpler to stick with Himiko :P)
Interests: Reading, listening to music, browsing internets, jobseeking (not really a hobby, but something I spend a lot of my time doing these days). Occasionally, when I have enough spare pennies for ingredients, I like to bake.
Bands I like: Blind Guardian, Skindred, Sabaton, Subway to Sally, Alestorm, Finntroll, Loreena McKennitt, Helium Vola, Trevor Jones, Ayreon, Nightwish, E Nomine, The Black Mages, Abney Park, Steeleye Span, Iron Maiden, Lindisfarne and various others.
Religion: Agnostic
Smoker: Not really
Drinker: I've never drunk alone, but having been a student for some years before this, a lot of alcohol has been consumed. Am cutting down mostly for financial reasons, but also because I'm trying to lose a little weight, and the hangovers hit me much harder these days: ->

Additional Info: I like to play Devil's Advocate, especially on forums, so my apologies for that. I can be a bit of a pessimist. More to follow. Possibly.
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #84 (permalink)
Calinn
Queen of Sleep

Himiko, loving your musical taste! Alestorm, Loreena, E Nomine, Abney Park, Blind Guardian!!
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #85 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Quote:
I've never drunk alone
"Does Jesus count?" (ah, the wisdom of Homer!)

Welcome Witchdrummer, Himiko, and Calinn!

Old December 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #86 (permalink)
The Witchdrummer

Thanks Calinn and C!
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #87 (permalink)
crimrose
Hiding M&M's in a lamb

Welcome to everyone!

And look, C! I'm posting on YOUR forum! I'm being good! Can I have a cookie?
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #88 (permalink)
Danteryu
Rider of the Last Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramz View Post
Heh Danteryu, a video game/computer geek that enjoys bands like Battlelore. Unheard of here! Kidding of course. Many of us here can thank C for turning us on to Battlelore btw.
I never noticed this before, but yeah, on the surface of things I seem like a huge nerd. My name is even a combination of my two favourite video game characters...

I've been into Battlelore for a while, long before I ever joined any Nightwish forum, but it's cool to see other people who like them - as for BG, I love Nightfall in Middle Earth SO MUCH.

Dublin, 03-04-2008 - Amazing experience, first time seeing Nightwish!
London, 11-03-2009 - Best concert of my life!
Toronto, 20-09-2012 - First show with my love and amazing show!
Old December 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #89 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Crimrose: This forum gives lots of cookies, but I don't think those are the ones you mean.

And well, this isn't *my* forum, I'm just lucky enough that the good folks here let me stay around.

Welcome Danteryu! Yay, another video gamer/Battlelore fan among us! Because the world needs more bands that pay homage to Tolkien!

Old December 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #90 (permalink)
crimrose
Hiding M&M's in a lamb

^SO WHERE IS THIS ANNOUNCEMENT? I HAVE BEEN WAITING! :O
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #91 (permalink)
nodoubtaholic

First post!

Officially this is my first post here. I've lurked for a long time, almost as much as I did on the official NW forums, but now they've changed and everything's rearranging anyway, I figure I'll take a shot at an actual post!

Name: Desi (short for Desiree)
hobbies: Music music music.. I used to play WoW (I was a BC kid), my life revolved around raid times. I haven't raided since Wrath. I love going to concerts, surfing the internet, video games, movies, etc. I'm pretty easy going. I also teach kids piano a few hours a week.
fave bands: Nightwish obviously, No Doubt (super mega fan since childhood), The Living End, Dawes.. My tastes seriously run the gamut. Used to be a ska nerd, now I'm getting into heavier sounds, and a lot more eclectic.
Religion: Atheist
Smoker: No, thank goodness I never started that habit. So much money!
drinker: Occasionally!
additional info: I have an 11 year old basset hound, although he's been living with my mother for the last year and a half. I miss him (even though I see him at least twice a week)! His name is Bumples.
My best friend and I got into Nightwish together. It's been a common bond for us for awhile. We're both fairly new fans (just after DPP came out)..
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #92 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Crimrose: Sorry to have made you (and everyone else) wait so long; we hope it was worth it!

Welcome, Desi! Can't wait to meet up with you at the show in L.A.!

Old December 8th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #93 (permalink)
nodoubtaholic

Thank you for the warm welcome C! I can't wait either. Anyone have a time machine? I'd like to just go now.
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #94 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Yeah, just program our time machine to drop us off at ever future Nightwish show in the U.S. That would work for me.

And for fun, in-between, have the time machine take us to all the Tarja-era shows that we missed.

Old December 10th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #95 (permalink)
jadelion

Sorry for taking while to join here

Name: Jadelion (or Jade)
Location: Abyss of bottomless despair where they drink herbal tea because they have given up caffeine and/or the mysticism section of the bookshop
Interests: I am working on having some interests, its just in the planning stage at the moment really
Religion: New age hippy
Smoker: /Drinker: No alchohol, no caffeine, no sodas, no smoking, no herbal teas
Additional Info: I was on the old NW board a little bit in the past (but haven't been around for a while)
Old December 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #96 (permalink)
Tramz
OSA Council Member

Right on, Jade. I've not had a soda in well over a year, and i consider caffeine to be a drug just like any other. It's generally unhealthy and to be avoided.

I have a feeling "new age mysticism" means Wicca, or possibly (though less likely) Golden Dawn. I've always had a keen interest in Thelema and the works of Crowley in general, though I've more or less moved away from it when I acknowledged a few years ago what I've always really been: an atheist (putting aside minor issues with the word itself). At any rate, welcome to the forums. :]
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #97 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Congrats to you both; I'm a certified soda addict and I know I will never go to rehab.

Welcome, Jade!

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #98 (permalink)
jadelion

Thanks Tramz and C
I don't drink sodas because I think they keep me awake. But Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they do put something in it to make it addictive (lol)

By new age I meant I will believe in any sort of weirdness not just one thing, dream techniques, reincarnation, spirit guides, whatever.
If there is a book on it in the mind body spirit section then I will read it.
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #99 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

You don't have to explain; I've been a student of astrology since the age of 10.

Since you said you read books about spirit guides/reincarnation/etc., have you ever read the books of Sylvia Browne?

Old December 25th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #100 (permalink)
jadelion

Happy solstice (for several days ago) in that case.

I don't think that I have read any books by her but its possible I have and don't remember it, it does look a bit familiar.