Nightwish (unofficial) - Ocean Souls of America fan club forum  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Nightwish (unofficial) > Other Bands/Concerts
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stingray11214
OSA Triumvir

ex-Strato Tolkki releases, er, autobiography?

Former Stratovarius ax slinger, Timo Tolkki has written a, if you can call it that, autobiography. It can be read via download here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/86117086/L...ars#fullscreen

enjoy....if you are willing to put up with it.

Oceansouls of America: Proud Bastard Child of the Nightwish Community Since 2003!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" President Ronald W. Reagan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Thanks Ray; I saw this earlier on Stratoforum.

Oceansouls of America: Marco's favorite obscure cult since 2003!

OSA's Resident Bitch: Pissing in Your Haterade Since 1978.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stingray11214
OSA Triumvir

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
Thanks Ray; I saw this earlier on Stratoforum.
Did you check it out yet? My head was ready to explode around page six.

Oceansouls of America: Proud Bastard Child of the Nightwish Community Since 2003!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" President Ronald W. Reagan
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

I'm reading it right now; I'm on page 51 already. Granted, it could have been better-written, but I think it's good that he's doing this because maybe other people suffering with similar problems will get something out of it.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Traxan

This guy had a meltdown so bad it made Britney Spears's episode look like rainy day blues. He could easily have ended up dead. From what I read, this dude has a world of hurt to work through.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

^I just found out that he totally faked the stabbing back in '04. I didn't think that was very cool at all. I do remember some people on the Stratoforum being skeptical of it back then due to some things that didn't look quite right, but most people had basic human compassion and believed the guy. I wonder if Tolkki was ever told the tale of the boy who cried wolf?

Some better news, Strato has recruited their new drummer; a 25-year-old from Finland. Some more young blood to keep the sound fresh!

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Traxan

Faking the stabbing was just a part of the illness. I read the accounts. He really went off the deep end and is lucky to be alive.

The kid who replaced him is amazing. He was just 25 at the time and a real talent.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
C.
OSA Webmistress

Yeah, I know all that too. Still, I hope he doesn't expect too much pity if that ever happened to him for real, because no one would believe him!

Indeed; Matias is awesome! Got to see him with Strato in '09 and he did a great job playing the old songs.