PAIN  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > PAIN
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

A possible showtime might be around 17:15 But since it's not on their site yet they might wanna change it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnaGothic View Post
Are you guys going to be somewhere near Essen in Germany in November??
Not unless it's my vacation.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:59 AM   #53 (permalink)
EnaGothic

Ok, thanks for answering =)

...Hear the voices calling you...
Old August 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
CKey

Question pain patch?

I wanted to ask about the patches again...^^
Michael Bohlin wrote some months ago that there aren't any yet but that my/the question would be passed to those who can change the status.
It really interests me because I really really want at least one - but if there aren't any and won't be any in the future it will be some kind of sad...

here are the quotes concerning the question above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKey View Post
I've got a question concerning the merchandise...
I have been looking a lot around if I could maybe see a patch of "PAIN" ... but I didn't (once a friend told me that he has seen one on the Wacken Open Air festival of last year where we went to)
Do any patches exist? If not: will they come someday? I would really really love to have a patch of my favourite band...
(Besides W:O:A have I seen you on the European tour also ^^)
and I can't wait until the next CD will be released!

greetings
~C:~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bohlin View Post
As far as i know, we haven't done any official yet. I have passed your question on to those who can make a difference anyway :-)

greetings
~C.~
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

Well..
2011 is going to be "the" PAIN year. We have at least (except for the release of the new album) one headline tour, one support tour, the United States of America, and all the summer festivals on our wish-to-do-list. So there's no doubt we need to produce shitloads of new merchandise, and patches are definitely on my wish-list as well along with a wider range of stuff. Like stickers, posters, pins, hats, baseball caps, and re-usable beer bottle caps. So you can drink your beer in the future
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #56 (permalink)
Tumn
baptized in blood

US tour

Dan: "EVERYBODY DOIN ALRIGHT?!?!"
Dan: "Give me one more shot!"
Dan: "EVERYBODY DOIN .......... ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?!?"
Dan: "Thank you, thank you"
Mike: "Thank you very much Dan."

LIKE SWANÖ - DOWNLOAD
Tumnbath
Hellfuck lyrics project
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #57 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

I didn't say US tour

I said it was on our wish-to-do-list. Along with being the first band on the moon
Old August 9th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
CKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wallin View Post
Well..
2011 is going to be "the" PAIN year. We have at least (except for the release of the new album) one headline tour, one support tour, the United States of America, and all the summer festivals on our wish-to-do-list. So there's no doubt we need to produce shitloads of new merchandise, and patches are definitely on my wish-list as well along with a wider range of stuff. Like stickers, posters, pins, hats, baseball caps, and re-usable beer bottle caps. So you can drink your beer in the future
thanks a lot for your info!

I'm looking forward to 2011 then...

greetings
~C.~
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #59 (permalink)
ben_uez

yeah thanks for the update. hope that all your wishes become true;-)
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #60 (permalink)
Tumn
baptized in blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wallin View Post
I didn't say US tour

I said it was on our wish-to-do-list. Along with being the first band on the moon
I know what you meant, but I am wishing for it too!

Dan: "EVERYBODY DOIN ALRIGHT?!?!"
Dan: "Give me one more shot!"
Dan: "EVERYBODY DOIN .......... ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?!?"
Dan: "Thank you, thank you"
Mike: "Thank you very much Dan."

LIKE SWANÖ - DOWNLOAD
Tumnbath
Hellfuck lyrics project
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:37 AM   #61 (permalink)
Hobo
Señor Member

Hoy.. Just found this place..

Q; Will you ever release a collection of single editions/otherwise unreleased/hard to get stuff?
Like someone in another thread, i´ve been searching the net for a while to find the Nothing single (Epic version is one of the most awesomest songs ever), without luck. also there are quite a few other tracks still really hard to find.
Old August 19th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #62 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
Hoy.. Just found this place..

Q; Will you ever release a collection of single editions/otherwise unreleased/hard to get stuff?
Like someone in another thread, i´ve been searching the net for a while to find the Nothing single (Epic version is one of the most awesomest songs ever), without luck. also there are quite a few other tracks still really hard to find.
Time will tell... It would be a shame if we didn't
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #63 (permalink)
deadborn

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but what is Pains official (and your personal opinions as band members) stance on bootleg recordings?
That is, non-profit live recordings made for trading purposes.
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #64 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

I like beer
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:53 AM   #65 (permalink)
Michael Bohlin
Pain guitarist

By saying bootleg recordings and non-profit in the same sentence is one big contradiction i'm afraid.
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #66 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

Hello deadborn!
If you're talking about recording with your cellphone and publishing on YouTube I think it's very much ok. It's not ok when it becomes "professional" or "an industry" like recording with professional equipment, making hundreds of copies and selling them over he internet. And I think any musician or songwriter would agree with me.

Cheers!

Old August 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
KrgFn

Concert bootlegs are fan filmed concerts (normally a whole concert) and the people that record them do not sell them (in most cases), they swap them for other concerts.

The quality can change from one concert to another of course because it depends on what it is filmed with, here is an example of one of the pain concerts filmed and bootlegged in Russia in 2007:

Bands have different opinions of these recordings, some don't care, some don't like these "bootlegs" (like Tool) and some enjoy people to record there concerts (I know a friend was asked to bootleg the Godseed concert at Hellfest 2009 and send it to the band after)
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #68 (permalink)
KrgFn

This is a question for Michael from a friend:
Quote:
Hi,

I've been looking for a Bye/die tab and I've found 2 different versions, and I'd like to know which one is the best.
tab 1:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...byedie_tab.htm
tab 2 :
E||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
B||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
G||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
D||---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
A||--12s--14--14--14-14-14-14-9--9--9--|--9-9-10--10--10--10-10-13--13--13--|
D||--12s--14--14--14-14-14-14-9--9--9--|--9-9-10--10--10--10-10-13--13--13--|
I think he is talking about the intro of the song
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #69 (permalink)
David Wallin
PAIN Beer Consumer

I don't think Michael knows what a guitar tab is. Or how the song is played. He he he...
Old September 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #70 (permalink)
Michael Bohlin
Pain guitarist

none of them are correct... we use completely different tuning
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #71 (permalink)
NashK230

As far as I know PAIN uses Drop A tuning (A E A D F# B), but then again I may be wrong.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #72 (permalink)
ben_uez

@ michael: last year you wrote on your myspace blog that you were working on a project about Brejn Dedd. Did you have any success on this project? Did you find a way to make the songs available for us?

@PAIN in general:After listening to some Plague Divine, i think that johan should have some vocal appearances on the new PAIN album!
I know Peter will soon be touring south america with Hypocrisy, but are there any updates on the new album?
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #73 (permalink)
Michael Bohlin
Pain guitarist

Well, this year i am doing lots of stuff in the studio.. First i did the Pain Live in Paris album, then i did the Brejndedd project, and right now i am in the final phase of mixing the upcoming Vondur re-release. Later this year i will do more mix and remix stuff with various bands that i cannot reveal yet except for the band No Big Silence from Estonia. I think i have the rest of the year almost filled.

As for your questions: the Brejndedd project turned out really good and both myself, IT and Swanö was happy with the result. I just hadn't got the time to research if there would be any company interested in releasing it. It would be cool to finally do that though.

Johan actually had some cool vocal appearances on the third 8thSin album that we haven't released yet, on the Depeche Mode cover of "Walking in my shoes" which is really great. He also sang lots of backup on the second album as well.

The next Pain album is being worked on right now.
Old September 14th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #74 (permalink)
ben_uez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bohlin View Post
Johan actually had some cool vocal appearances on the third 8thSin album that we haven't released yet, on the Depeche Mode cover of "Walking in my shoes" which is really great. He also sang lots of backup on the second album as well.

The next Pain album is being worked on right now.
Good News!

I hope you will find a company to release the stuff you worked on!
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #75 (permalink)
EnaGothic

How's going with the new album? I am sure it will be great as all other albums
Is there going to be a concert in Croatia on the next tour or at least somewhere near?
Thanks
Big hugs to all of you

...Hear the voices calling you...