Persuader  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Unofficial / Extra / Archived Forums > Persuader
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nightrunner

PERSUADER to enter studio in May

From Blabbermouth:

"Swedish metallers PERSUADER will enter the studio in May to begin recording their fourth album for a late 2008 release via Dockyard 1."

Sweet, where/what studio will this 4th one be forged?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Desecrated Popes

Where is that information from? Did the band tell someone or is blabbermouth just making things up so they have stories to tell?
There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett, The Truth
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Darkspyre

Killer!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Wicked One
Menacing Bunny

Well i guess this means they will not be at Powerfest.

gotta take the good in with the bad.

Last edited by The Wicked One : February 4th, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
psyduck72

Great news!!! can't wait to hear the new album!!!
Old February 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elminster
Sequesterer

Awesome, I can't wait!

Hey Efraim, are you going to be giving Superior Drummer 2.0 a spin when it comes out? Or will you be using EZ:dfh again on this album?
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Efrahate

Elminster: I'll check it out for sure, but I think we'll try to mix and match a whole bunch of sounds to get something a bit unique.

As for the Blabbermouth news, it's up on the dockyard1 site (but not our own ). Time to get to work!
Old February 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Llamai

Good
Old February 7th, 2008, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Llamai

(news)
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elminster
Sequesterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrahate View Post
Elminster: I'll check it out for sure, but I think we'll try to mix and match a whole bunch of sounds to get something a bit unique.
Sounds good! Did you mix and match samples on WEB? I was giving EZ: dfh a try at a friend's house, and didn't think any of the kicks sounded at all like what you or Nocturnal Rites used on your albums. The "damped extreme eq" ones came close with some eq and compression added, but they still sounded a bit wobbly compared to WEB's kick, unless the velocity was at max- but then you get the ol' machine gun problem. Not sure how you pulled it off, but it sounded great! Anyway ... good luck with arranging the new material!
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Desecrated Popes

Talking

So, more importantly, any other album information? Tracklisting and Album name?
There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett, The Truth
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Darkspyre

I can't wait to hear "Fasterester"!
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Efrahate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminster View Post
Sounds good! Did you mix and match samples on WEB? I was giving EZ: dfh a try at a friend's house, and didn't think any of the kicks sounded at all like what you or Nocturnal Rites used on your albums. The "damped extreme eq" ones came close with some eq and compression added, but they still sounded a bit wobbly compared to WEB's kick, unless the velocity was at max- but then you get the ol' machine gun problem. Not sure how you pulled it off, but it sounded great! Anyway ... good luck with arranging the new material!
Yeah I think it was mostly (tweaked) EZdrummer, with different cymbals if I remember correctly. Mattias may have changed stuff around a little, he just tried different sounds until we were satisfied.
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Nightrunner

OK, so it will be forged in Umeň with Mattias?

And the one who can't wait for "Fasterester": Same here
Old February 8th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Efrahate

We haven't really decided yet, if so than it will be "only" for the mixing part. We'll do everything else ourselves.
Old February 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elminster
Sequesterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrahate View Post
Yeah I think it was mostly (tweaked) EZdrummer, with different cymbals if I remember correctly. Mattias may have changed stuff around a little, he just tried different sounds until we were satisfied.
I heard a lot of people saying that they preferred the vintage rock cymbals and the pop/rock kick. Superior 2.0 should be pretty cool since you can do all that mix and matching right there on the screen. Of course, the new samples they are doing sound great, and there are meant to be a bunch of new expansions coming after the initial release too. So many possibilities I look forward to hearing what you come up with.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
FerretallicA
HMAS Slagdestroyer

It's news to me that you even use sampled drums. Ah well, at the end of the day it sounds awesome so who am I to say anything
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
J4ckZ

News about the upcoming album? Some videotape, ora just spoiler about music?

@Efraim
I'm the one who made the interview to Emil for Truemetal.it

I AM GOD
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Nightrunner

SO, you guys have been in the studio for a while now then?

How's the work coming along? Good I hope?
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Wicked One
Menacing Bunny

more info will come but for right now Ive heard support dates for Dark Empire will be announced in August. So if we are lucky catch a couple DE shows, get the new Persuader CD and await a badass tour by them

Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Yngvai X
Dark Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicked One View Post
more info will come but for right now Ive heard support dates for Dark Empire will be announced in August. So if we are lucky catch a couple DE shows, get the new Persuader CD and await a badass tour by them
Correction: The dates should be announced any day now and we're performing in August, we're waiting for the headliners to give us the OK to do so. The little details I can give so far:

- August 1st NYC @ The Knitting Factory
- August 3rd Springfield VA @ Jaxx

and theres two more that we're waiting on. Also Jens won't be making it over for these shows, as he's busy doing stuff for Persuader and SC. The guy we have filling in is awesome though, so we're still going to be putting on a kickass show. When we can make a full announcement I'll post a clip of the guy's audition for us. He's a nobody in the scene, but I've been friends with him for years and he's a classically trained vocalist.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Wicked One
Menacing Bunny

my bad on that.
though id rather see Jens sing, if you guys come to Michigan ill be there. make sure its a weekend though XD. Right now my job goes from 3:30 to 11:30

Old June 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Wicked One
Menacing Bunny

nvm on that last post, seeing as how i can't travel that far.
I wish Suspyre, Odin's Court and last but not least Dark Empire all the best on their tour.
Have fun Matt.

ok now it looks like I'll get to see Persuader in Michigan first.......................am I right guys?

and according to Usaprogmusic on the Nightmare Records forum, HD will be released late June.

I know this isn't Matt's fault but god damn delaying this album is turning into a trend.

anyway aside from the last comment and my sig, lets focus on the band at hand.
Persuader will give us info when ready.
Studio diaries are cool but aren't needed. Seeing as how they have had a potential month to put together this album. it might just mean they are waiting for mixes. so they can let us have a listen.
Hell they have alot to do.
Not to mention with Efraim's drumming recording style it could take a little longer than usual but seeing the previous works itll be worth it.
Jens and Emil are doing double duty with SC so they may actually have their say in the next SC album. other than Piet since Thomen left.

Daniel i bet you do something too

Last edited by The Wicked One : June 5th, 2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Elminster
Sequesterer

I wouldn't say Efraim's recording style takes longer than micing a kit. If anything, using samples saves tons of time should there need to be any changes made to the tracks.
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Wicked One
Menacing Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminster View Post
I wouldn't say Efraim's recording style takes longer than micing a kit. If anything, using samples saves tons of time should there need to be any changes made to the tracks.
so why haven't we received some news? jk man

that was me shooting my mouth off, i thought it would lead to picky and indecisive behavior, which is why you should never ask me to be a drummer or to record something in such a style

anyway keep up the good work guys. This is pretty much my first time waiting for a Persuader album to come out and it only goes to show you have 1 more die-hard fan.