Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Life > The Philosopher

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Philosopher Intelligent (and mature) discussions only.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScratch View Post
Looking strictly at "nationality" would be problematic anyway. There are plenty of largely Euro-descended Mexicans, educated, skilled, civilized, who would likely assimilate into American society in a heartbeat. Then there are the legions of Mestizo and Central-American stock from Mexico(or Guatamala, Honduras, Peru, etc.), who are of entirely different ethnic extractions, and inclined toward a far more primitive existence in their home territories. Thus, a "Mexican" can mean many things and any hopes for easy or even feasible assimilation are effected greatly by this diversity.

This is also why many "immigrants" are broadly and misleadingly categorized as "Hispanic" which is an essentially meaningless designation today. A "Hispanic" may theoretically refer to a well-to-do, green-eyed, blong-haired Argentinian, or a dark-skinned, diminutive Mestizo Amerind, who is more Asiatic than anything else...so long as they both speak some derivative of the Spanish language.

"Hispanics" now make up the largest minority group in the US(some 15%), and the bulk of them are recent arrivals, here illegally(or at least enteretd the country illegally), poor, illiterate, etc. That is a massive demographic shift that has expanded the nations underclasses exponentially in just a couple decades. These "immigrants" are often exploited, the American people are exploited...and Wall Street, The Media and the Federal Government look askance, even as they praise this great and dangerous change in the historic makeup of the country, while they increase their collective power and bottom lines.

Look to Southern California to see your future even now America.
Huge disparities in wealth, third-world crime rates, unrest, inter-racial violence(black vs. hispanic), unemployment, failing schoolsystems/record dropout rates, general poverty, and an insolvent state government.

Does that sound like sound immigration policy to anyone?
Solid points all around. The reason why I have such a strong opinion on this issue, and why I feel I am right on what I say, is because I am Mexican-American.

I am basically a Spaniard that was born in Mexico. I have light skin and dark/brown hair. Around here, (the states) people wouldn't believe I was Mexican, unless I came across other Mexicans who either looked like me, or came across Mexicans from or currently living in Mexico who know just how different a, "Mexican" can be.

There is definitely a class issue in Mexico. The criollos and pure Indians don't normally interact. And the mestizos? Well, the side you tend to lean genetically is normally where you'll learn to socially. It's such a racially conscious country, that it's quite easy to point out just who is ahead in society and who isn't.

This is why I believe that if Mexico is ever going to unite, it has to make a choice: Does it want to accept all Mexicanos as one, or does it want to create seperate countries within it's borders to allow both the Spaniards and Indians to live amongst themselves with their own specific cultures?

One thing is for sure: The way things are functioning now is simply not working.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Fenrisúlfr
ὁ δύσκος λύκος

Quote:
Look to Southern California to see your future even now America.
Huge disparities in wealth, third-world crime rates, unrest, inter-racial violence(black vs. hispanic), unemployment, failing schoolsystems/record dropout rates, general poverty, and an insolvent state government.
Whom do you think causes this? Saddle the budget with enough welfare to the burgeoning 'hispanic' underclass, and jobs do not get created by business as they go elsewhere to avoid pernicious taxes. This leads to unemployment, a lower tax base and thus poor schools (private schooling is much more cost-effective anyway), crime, of course symptoms of general poverty.

Mexicans create Mexicos, negroes create Africas (look at Detroit!). It is right that they reap what they sow.

I would not have a problem with this if they kept to themselves, did not leech off the taxpayer, and were not so much more prone to criminal conduct than the white people whose ancestors built this country.

Last edited by Fenrisúlfr : March 7th, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
StoneFirebird
There is no return.

The only problem I have with immigration is the illegal kind. Illegal downloading is fine, it just gives you a test of software you may or may not find useful enough to buy so the developers have the resources to improve the software, but illegal immigration can cause economic problems for individuals. For instance, one of my friends was working as a waiter part-time (about 10-15 hours a week). One week, they suddenly find that the record shows that they worked 60 hours that week, although they did nothing different from their usual schedule. The cause: an illegal immigrant was working under my friend's name, taking the money for their time, and letting Uncle Sam dip his hand into the 10-15 hour pay by making my friend pay the income tax for the extra 45-50 hours worked.

Oh, and FenriSulfr, the blacks helped build America through slave labor. Get off your high horse and take a walk-you may learn something from your history class.
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Fenrisúlfr
ὁ δύσκος λύκος

Quote:
Oh, and FenriSulfr, the blacks helped build America through slave labor. Get off your high horse and take a walk-you may learn something from your history class.
They did nothing which white labour and technology could not have done better. Besides, they have no one to blame but themselves - it was their own kinsmen who usually sold them to begin with.

Old March 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
StoneFirebird
There is no return.

From my understanding (which may or may not be wrong, of course) the least number of slaves were sold by their kin, and the majority were caught by European or possibly Asian slavers.

Anyway, who knows, if the Europeans had welcomed them into their world as if they were another European country, the Africans may have become as powerful as America was in its prime. But, because of greed and other factors, that is not the case, and now we have people confusing racism as being only negative opinion based on skin color, instead of being plainly any opinion based on race. Is it not racist to vote for someone, or send someone to college, just because of race?

Anyway, back on the immigration subject, my father just made a terrible joke about the current Mexican immigration. "The Mexican-American Dream: to own your own house for your family to live in, with six other families."
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Fenrisúlfr
ὁ δύσκος λύκος

Quote:
Anyway, who knows, if the Europeans had welcomed them into their world as if they were another European country, the Africans may have become as powerful as America was in its prime. But, because of greed and other factors, that is not the case, and now we have people confusing racism as being only negative opinion based on skin color, instead of being plainly any opinion based on race. Is it not racist to vote for someone, or send someone to college, just because of race?
Bull-freakin'-shit. They have been in Africa longer than Europeans have been in Europe or America, yet they produced nothing comparable to the splendour of European civilisation. Let them perpetrate savagery in their own lands, we have no business in their affairs.

When is the last time they sent peace-keepers? When was the last time Africa sent food aid? Face it - it's a garbage continent.

Old March 13th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
StoneFirebird
There is no return.

Garbage continent? It's their culture that has given us metal, rock, R&B (blech), (c)rap, and other music. Are you saying that metal is garbage on forums dedicated to metal?
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
razoredge

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFirebird View Post
Garbage continent? It's their culture that has given us metal, rock, R&B (blech), (c)rap, and other music. Are you saying that metal is garbage on forums dedicated to metal?
Good Lord, where did you get this information from ?
into this wild abyss, the womb of nature and perhaps her grave, of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire... but all these in their pregnant causes mixed confusedly, and which thus must ever fight, unless the almighty maker then ordain his dark materials to create more worlds, into this wild abyss the wary fiend stood on the brink of hell and looked a while, pondering his voyage
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
hexwind
Creepiness Och Terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcommunicated View Post
What are your opinions on Immigration into the United States?

I think that immigration is fine as long as the immigrants understand where they are and what their responsibilities are.
I do not care for their culture, I do not care for their traditions or backwards world view. That is irrelevant.
Loyalty. Loyalty is the core value. They are coming to our lands because they have some problems back home, or they want to take advantage of our superior healthcare or education system.
So they OWE us their loyalty, their undying loyalty. They must never forget that we took them in, we offered them a chance, we gave them help.
Loyalty is not whinging, loyalty is not making allegations of racism, loyalty is not segregating yourself.
Loyalty is loving your country and standing by your government, through right or wrong.
If they have that then they are my compatriots and I will respect them.
If not then they should get out, leave right away and never complain that they weren't given a chance.
I totally agree !! Good point. and immigrant should represent their countries in a good way, they are like ambassadors. I know a lot of people who go to other countries and behave weirdly to the point where you feel ashamed that you have a common identity with them. and some others don't.
where do you live btw?
This doesn't concern me yet
Still far from the knell

Opeth Forum | Pabulum | Desolator
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
hexwind
Creepiness Och Terrorism

ah btw, I'm considered as an immigrate too lol, my grand father is Turkish, he came here long ago when he was young, he married a tunisian (my grandmom) but i consider myself as a Tunisian anyway !!!
This doesn't concern me yet
Still far from the knell

Opeth Forum | Pabulum | Desolator
Old March 20th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
Caladan

Let's totally stop immigration. Let's have reverse immigration. Only native americans welcome on the continent.

And Rhaegar died.

Old March 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
razoredge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladan View Post
Let's totally stop immigration. Let's have reverse immigration. Only native americans welcome on the continent.
That would be the ultimate for the environment, make no mistake. The Indians understood things like not having babies they couldnt feed, the value of open land, love of the land and that the lazy die. Something my ancestral immigrants understood and all issues current immigrants cant get through their dense heads.

What the natives did wrong in the first place was not slay us as they found us. Not having solidarity amounst themselves and standing the eastern shores of this once beautiful continent, now turned into concrete and blacktop to appease the pussys.

So whats your point? as if I dont know
into this wild abyss, the womb of nature and perhaps her grave, of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire... but all these in their pregnant causes mixed confusedly, and which thus must ever fight, unless the almighty maker then ordain his dark materials to create more worlds, into this wild abyss the wary fiend stood on the brink of hell and looked a while, pondering his voyage
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
Dead Children Speak No Lies
Westie Headbanger

Quote:
The only problem I have with immigration is the illegal kind. Illegal downloading is fine, it just gives you a test of software you may or may not find useful enough to buy so the developers have the resources to improve the software, but illegal immigration can cause economic problems for individuals.
Does illegal downloading not cause economic problems? Surely it takes money away from comapanies who employ average Joes? And what happens what these comapnies lose money? Average Joe gets the arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisúlfr View Post
Bull-freakin'-shit. They have been in Africa longer than Europeans have been in Europe or America, yet they produced nothing comparable to the splendour of European civilisation. Let them perpetrate savagery in their own lands, we have no business in their affairs.

When is the last time they sent peace-keepers? When was the last time Africa sent food aid? Face it - it's a garbage continent.
So true! Africans have sticks and mud houses. Whites have brick and timber houses. Can anyone name anything of importance an African has invented??

Quote:
Maybe blacks helped to start rock and roll, but what country where they living in at the time?? It wasn't Cameroon!

I would think the country they were living in had some influence. Plus a big thing of rock was electric guitars. No African discovered electricity.
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
Caladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Children Speak No Lies View Post
Does illegal downloading not cause economic problems? Surely it takes money away from comapanies who employ average Joes? And what happens what these comapnies lose money? Average Joe gets the arse!

So true! Africans have sticks and mud houses. Whites have brick and timber houses. Can anyone name anything of importance an African has invented??

Maybe blacks helped to start rock and roll, but what country where they living in at the time?? It wasn't Cameroon!

I would think the country they were living in had some influence. Plus a big thing of rock was electric guitars. No African discovered electricity.

Ignorance is illness. All european inventions that you boast so much about are based on findings of other races and other peoples. If Europeans were so much better that africans, then NO african should be able to get a uni degree based on merit. The chinese were performing experiments with static electricity long before the romans invaded barbaric britain, and enlightened the people.

Have you ever seen the african termite at work? How about extreme humidity and rainfall? Oops, there goes your timber houses. And for your information, africans have brick houses. BRICK. Baked brick.

Africans invented things suitable for the environment they lived in. Guess what - it worked fine.

And Rhaegar died.

Old March 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Caladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisúlfr View Post

Bull freaking shit. The populations ALL ACROSS THE WORLD was reduced to mere handfuls after a cataclysmic occurrence, probably a comet, which then led to the separation of continents, etc. The fact is that a vast majority of Africa was settled much more recently than europe was.

The splendour (splendour? hahahaha) of European civilisation was ALL (without exception) borrowed from the middle east.

And Rhaegar died.

Old March 20th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Caladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razoredge View Post
That would be the ultimate for the environment, make no mistake. The Indians understood things like not having babies they couldnt feed, the value of open land, love of the land and that the lazy die. Something my ancestral immigrants understood and all issues current immigrants cant get through their dense heads.

What the natives did wrong in the first place was not slay us as they found us. Not having solidarity amounst themselves and standing the eastern shores of this once beautiful continent, now turned into concrete and blacktop to appease the pussys.

So whats your point? as if I dont know
My point? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Simple.

And Rhaegar died.

Old March 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
Caladan

My opinions - the current immigration policies are simply not good enough. Every immigrant must be given/made to get (I say given because you sometimes have refugees who simply can't afford to pay for such) language and behavior classes - a massive re-education if you wish. Respect for the LAW and CULTURE of the land MUST be promoted and pushed in these classes - in other words: Don't come here if you're not ready to become one of us, behave how we behave, and conform to our values.

When the immigrant is able to meet these prerequisites - speak acceptable english, dress appropriately, and respect the religions of the land, none of that islamic wear crap, then some level of acceptance must also be provided by the locals. If you know your citizens will never accept the immigrants, then you're asking for a major upheaval several years down the line.

And Rhaegar died.

Old March 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #43 (permalink)
razoredge

Quote:
My point? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Simple.
So your trying to say theres no difference between today and 100 years ago ?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Your post about requirements is good. Still it would be easier, far cheaper and in the best interest of the country to close the doors.... period. Another benefit of this would give those employed by immigration funding and time to solely concentrate all efforts on getting rid of illegals and those that dont conform to our society.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:45 AM   #44 (permalink)
Caladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razoredge View Post
So your trying to say theres no difference between today and 100 years ago ?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Your post about requirements is good. Still it would be easier, far cheaper and in the best interest of the country to close the doors.... period. Another benefit of this would give those employed by immigration funding and time to solely concentrate all efforts on getting rid of illegals and those that dont conform to our society.

First comment - If it was evil 100 years ago, it's still evil now. Don't wash away what happened 100 years ago as the past while focussing on what's going on now as evil

Second - I totally agree. 100%.

And Rhaegar died.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:01 AM   #45 (permalink)
razoredge

Quote:
First comment - If it was evil 100 years ago, it's still evil now. Don't wash away what happened 100 years ago as the past while focussing on what's going on now as evil
I dont know what you are talking about here but its not what Im talking about. I dont recall any conversation about "evil". Im talking about the justifacation of immigration today because "we are all immigrants". Im suggesting things are much different today within the country and that we dont need "new settlers", let alone the difference between what immigrants had to go through to get here 100+ years ago compared to the easy free ride of today.

As I said in the beginning of this topic I hate the statue of liberty, it was representitive of the times but today becomes this big excuse for immigration and applies the theory that whats written on that little plaque is the way this country has to be forever. Yet more amusingly the native born Americans are loosing reasonable liberties everyday and many of them due to immigrants.

Amazing as mankind becomes more advanced there is a degree of acute retardation creeping into the mind. Turning a blind eye to the detriment of certain actions or lack of any action whatsoever.
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM   #46 (permalink)
v2kv

Holy crap, I really can't believe some of you are serious about what you say...
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
NikeGoddess

I'm fine with it as long as the process was done the legal way. It would be unfair to US citizens and legally documented immigrants if jobs will be lost and if benefits will be lessened due to the influx of illegal immigrants.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:09 AM   #48 (permalink)
metalized

there is so much BS talk here, that I can hardly believe what I am reading.

1. The metal aspect (the forum is UM after all, or?):
So no band outside the US should come to the US tour, and make money of it, or sell their work in the US?

1a. US bands should only tour within their own territory, sell music in NAM etc... right?

2. Someone said we should get the countries that are trying to escape from fixed (locked down, if my understanding was correct?). Well, if the fixing had been done few centuries ago, those bloody Europeans (you are so willing to ban from immigrating to the US), would have been forced to stay in their filthy homes in Europe, not polluting a real pure civilization, such as the native American.

3. Language? Refer to the above statement. Did any of the immigrants speak the language of those people when they forced themselves onto them? No. So GTFO then.

4. It is strange that just because someone fell out his mother's cunt somewhere, they are proud of where they fell. And claim it as their birth right to own that land. That is fine, people should have a home somewhere, that they will defend if they need to, but they have no fucking right to say to get out of my country, when that country was formed by them moving in, in the first place. This does not only apply to US citizens of course.

5. I got offered recently a position to work in a company in Florida with wages much higher than the average Americans get. Why is that? Because the guys who are there, are not good enough to do the job, don't have the expertise etc... So is it really the immigrants fault, that they get employed, or the employer's fault who employs them?

6. Immigration should be done the right way, I agree. But nobody has the fucking right to say this is their country and get the fuck out. Might I remind you, that except the Hollywood stars and the athletes, all the greatest scientists US citizens, are mostly foreigners who they, or their parents immigrated to the US yrs ago.

7. Even those athletes you are so fanatic about, or the descendants of African imports. Even your own fucking president for fuck's sake is from Africa.

Need I say more?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
for me personally, my biggest problem with the people immigrating to the USA, is the language barrier with the ones that refuse to learn to speak english
i can understand not knowing english if you're just visiting some friends in the states, but you've got all these pregnant women traveling to the states to give birth (i think term is "anchor babies") where because the baby was born in the states, they can get their older children enrolled in school here and get on welfare/medicaid/medicare/foodstamps etc etc, and for many of these women, they never learn english where they have their oldest kid serve as translator when they have to speak to non-latinos, then you've got males that come here when they're in their early 20's looking for work, they get into minimum wage jobs, spend several decades here and they don't learn english either, that's horrendously wrong, these people should learn english if they're gonna be here
aside from the language barrier
i really have no problem with the fact that most of the immigrants are undocumentable illegals
illegal immagrants make so much less money for the same work than the people that are here legally that, if you want to get into an economic debate, the illegals are actually necessary for the American economy to function as it currently exists
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
bogert
Banned

XCommun Your Opinion is very Good. If someone is migrating, So they must have been facing some problems back home or they might like your Prosper Land.