Power Quest  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Power Quest
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #626 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

The knob in front of me last night robbed me of Alex Holzwarth's drumstick! It was in my hand and then he robbed me of it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #627 (permalink)
Kingface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928 View Post
The knob in front of me last night robbed me of Alex Holzwarth's drumstick! It was in my hand and then he robbed me of it
Did he literally steal it from your hands? Or was it a case you both had hold of it and he eventually took it fully?

If it's the former, what a dick. I would be struggling to stop myself from kicking off about it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #628 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface View Post
Did he literally steal it from your hands? Or was it a case you both had hold of it and he eventually took it fully?

If it's the former, what a dick. I would be struggling to stop myself from kicking off about it!
Stole it from my hands! I was able to wring it free from the handful of other people who had reached for it, and for a few seconds I triumphantly held it in the air like YEAH WOO and turned to my friends behind me, next thing I know he swiped it and ran off
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #629 (permalink)
Andiferum
My penis exploded

What a jerk. Friend of mine once caught Nicko from Maiden's stick, only to have a guy boot him in the balls and run off with it. I find it difficult to understand why people would do things like this...if you didn't catch it, it's not yours - how can you have any attachment to it knowing you got it in such a deceitful manner?
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #630 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

That's why I feel so special about the Jorg Michael stick I own! Jorg threw it up (only one at the show he threw out) but it hit a light and fell to the stage. Two songs later Jens picks it up and just drops it on the edge of the stage near me, you know what happened next
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #631 (permalink)
Cronopio
Glorious Imperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928 View Post
Stole it from my hands! I was able to wring it free from the handful of other people who had reached for it, and for a few seconds I triumphantly held it in the air like YEAH WOO and turned to my friends behind me, next thing I know he swiped it and ran off
But if you were able to wring it free from some other people, doesn't that mean they had it first?

Just kidding, that sucks. Unmetal.

Old June 8th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #632 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Count yourself lucky in some ways dude, I've never got a thing at all the shows I've been to. I usually storm the front and grab the setlist, people always forget about them

facebook.com/domfeargrieve

Old June 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #633 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

gone and lost me phone

the only way I can get cheered up is if Nikki gives me that Stratovarius flag I so desperately desire *hint hint*
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #634 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

update: found it!

but Nikki should still give me that flag
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #635 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

I'm sick as a dog
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #636 (permalink)
moleSG
Air Drummer

Ah, that sucks... hope you feel better soon man!
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #637 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Thanks buddy!
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #638 (permalink)
Cronopio
Glorious Imperator

The fact that Sweden has to win against England tonight to have any chance of reaching the quarter finals.

Old June 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #639 (permalink)
Thematt202

I'm not a football fan but that was a good game. Feel sorry for the Swedes, they played really well.

When I see the distant lights illuminate the night, then I will know I am home.
Old June 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #640 (permalink)
moleSG
Air Drummer

Everyone else here was calling it genius, I honestly think our third was a bit scrappy. But it was a fantastic game of football to watch either way. Well played.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #641 (permalink)
Kingface

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleSG View Post
Everyone else here was calling it genius, I honestly think our third was a bit scrappy. But it was a fantastic game of football to watch either way. Well played.
How was it scrappy? Theo doing what he does best, the Sweden Defence couldn't handle it and Wellbeck's finish was class. Obviously he needed some luck for it to go in but you don't not intend to make contact with the Ball Goal-wards in a situation like that.
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #642 (permalink)
moleSG
Air Drummer

I dunno, it seemed to me more like he was just trying to get any contact with it he could in a bit of desparation, it was a great strike and a good finish, but it seemed a bit spur-of-the-moment

However, I have about as much knowledge of football as your average rodent, so that could just be me!

Last edited by moleSG : June 16th, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #643 (permalink)
Kingface

I've since heard comments from some of the Sweden players, saying they definitely played better than England.

There seems to be a growing trend of more "Direct" Football being criticised, especially by Teams who lose to a Team that plays that way, much like how Chelsea got criticism for the way they played against Barcelona and Bayern Munich to win the Champions League, and the continued spat between Arsenal (Wenger) and Stoke (Pulis).

I don't get it. Football is about scoring more Goals than the opposite Team and finding a way to do it. The way you do it is just a means to an end. A more direct style of Football is just as legitimate as passing the Ball to Death ala Barcelona and Spain, which quite frankly I often find tedious and is not without its weaknesses either.

The latter can work great if you have the right players and successfully control the Game and take the chances when they come, but go a Goal Behind? I've noticed more than once that when Spain or Barcelona go a Goal or more behind, if they don't peg it back within 10-15 minutes, they start running out of ideas and actually get worse as the game goes on.

If there's one team I don't want to win Euro 2012, it's Spain. If not England, I want a team with a more direct and enjoyable to watch approach to win it and if they win the Final with hardly any possession, all the more better!
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #644 (permalink)
moleSG
Air Drummer

You're right in that whether they played methodically "better" is pretty irrelevant if they can't get the goals. That's been Holland's problem all tournament.
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #645 (permalink)
Cronopio
Glorious Imperator

Well, Sweden played well, but in the end the result is what counts. I'm kinda bummed out, obviously, but then again, you need to keep things in perspective. Those England goals were class, and I'm glad I'm not Isaksson today. Easily the weakest link yesterday.

From now on, I'll cheer for my other country, Germany!

Old June 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #646 (permalink)
Kingface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronopio View Post
Well, Sweden played well, but in the end the result is what counts. I'm kinda bummed out, obviously, but then again, you need to keep things in perspective. Those England goals were class, and I'm glad I'm not Isaksson today. Easily the weakest link yesterday.

From now on, I'll cheer for my other country, Germany!
Good point, I did mean to say in my original post that Sweden played well too and it could have gone either way, but I think I eventually got lost in ranting about Spain/Barcelona!

Germany are a great side and my favourites to win Euro 2012 and that was my opinion before I was lucky enough to draw them in my Work's Sweepstake!
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #647 (permalink)
Andiferum
My penis exploded

I think you should be glad you're not Ibrahimovic, who's about as Swedish as my testicles. Does anyone like him?!
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #648 (permalink)
Thematt202

He looks as though he should be in Manowar!!

When I see the distant lights illuminate the night, then I will know I am home.
Old June 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #649 (permalink)
Nickstervarius
Winning

Very, very ill with a cold right now. Got it yesterday, and I'm meant to be going to the boyfriend's house on Wednesday. So a lot of dosage is needed right now.

Blurgh

Old June 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #650 (permalink)
Kingface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thematt202 View Post
He looks as though he should be in Manowar!!
Haha!

Zlatan certainly comes across as a bit of a character to say the least. I wonder what he was saying to Hart when they scored the equaliser.

He's actually quite lazy sometimes but his quality when he steps up to the plate, plus his Goal-Scoring records speak for themselves.

And Nikki, sorry to hear you're not well. Get well soon!

Last edited by Kingface : June 18th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.