Power Quest  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Power Quest
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 10th, 2011, 04:47 AM   #51 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

Hi guys. A lot of things are recently making me sad in my life, but I'll say one of those things that I think is the most prominent.

I am being(kind of) forced to go to some place and sleep there, that people(including my parents) think is good for me but I think is terrible. I actually think that I'll be fine and not have to go to that place soon, but currently, I'm quite sad about it.

Also sorry to hear that youy guys aree ill/sick or whatever it was.....I know how it feels like. I was vomiting(if that's the right word) a while back every 5-10 minutes because of something that I ate that was not fresh at all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #52 (permalink)
Cello
Promoted to Hannibal

Sounds bad, Indestructible. Hope things turn around for you soon!
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #53 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
Sounds bad, Indestructible. Hope things turn around for you soon!
Yeah, it's pretty bad, thanks a lot dude. I appreciate it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #54 (permalink)
Symphony
PQ member

Yeah man you have our support!

Also....very sorry to hear about the earthquake in Japan this morning when I woke up. Thoughts go out to those caught up in that terrible event.
Old March 11th, 2011, 03:24 AM   #55 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

I'm also very sorry to hear about the earthquake in Japan, and also the one in China(I think) that occurred a few days ago. The victims of both earthquakes have my support.
Old March 11th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #56 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Quote:
Originally a 7.9 on the moment magnitude scale, it was upgraded to an 8.8, then finally to 8.9 by the United States Geological Survey making it the largest earthquake to hit Japan in recorded history and the 7th largest in the world since records began
Ouch. Sad news, thoughts and wishes go out to those affected Yknow maybe it's observation bias or differences in news reporting but I swear it feels like there are more natural disasters these days than when I was a lad...at no point in my life previous could I count 5 big earthquakes in recent memory.

facebook.com/domfeargrieve

Old March 11th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #57 (permalink)
Cello
Promoted to Hannibal

Yeah, watching images of the damages on tv right now...that's terrible.
Old March 11th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #58 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

For me, seeing all these natural disasters happening around the world(for example the one that happened in NZ a while ago), it kind of worries me that this kind of thing will happen in my country or around the place I live at. I believe that others would feel the same.....

do you guys feel the same?
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
Andiferum
My penis exploded

Also very sad to see of the earthquake, but also very thankful. I have friends who have just flown to Japan to see Iron Maiden. Luckily they're in Tokyo and although I've not heard from them, it sees they will be fine there.
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #60 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

My condolences to you, Noam, as well as the victims of the earthquake! Seems in recent years we've seen a lot of immense earthquakes... how strange. Geology fascinates me, but it's pretty frightening stuff! Hope things get back to normal soon... whatever 'normal' may be!
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #61 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

Hey are you guys frightened that such earthquakes may happen around the place you live at?

I'm frightened.
Old March 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
Andiferum
My penis exploded

"Huge blast at Japan nuclear power plant"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12720219
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #63 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Oh god, I've been keeping an eye on that nuclear power plant... that has potential for sheer disaster
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #64 (permalink)
Cello
Promoted to Hannibal

It seems that the more images become available, the worse it gets. It kinda reminds you to respect mother nature...the force behind that water...damn.
Old March 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #65 (permalink)
Symphony
PQ member

All these natural disasters certainly put my moans and complaints into perspective that's for sure.
Old March 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #66 (permalink)
Cello
Promoted to Hannibal

Song/lyrics material perhaps, Steve?
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #67 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
All these natural disasters certainly put my moans and complaints into perspective that's for sure.
+1. Japan's getting absolutely hammered, and it's just not getting any better.
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #68 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

Hey guys are you scared? I'm scared....I'm scared that an earthquake would occur around my place.....man, I would die.
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

If I'm not mistaken, there's a fault line that runs through Israel, is there not?
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #70 (permalink)
Indestructible
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there's a fault line that runs through Israel, is there not?
Yes you're right....there is.

are you scared dude?
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #71 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

I'm more scared about the nuclear situation than anything - I live in the middle of the United States, so tsunamis don't bother me. I've never experienced an earthquake either. There was apparently a very slight tremor sometime last year, but it was so light that I didn't even experience it.

The only thing we really worry about over here in terms of natural disasters is tornadoes, but we haven't had one as long as I've been alive. *knock on wood*
Old March 16th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #72 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Sad that misinformation and ignorance about nuclear power is making some people rail against it. This pretty much captures my sentiment right now.

Don't even get me started on any who are even mentioning Pearl Harbour at a time like this.

Old March 16th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #73 (permalink)
Cello
Promoted to Hannibal

Yeah, I saw a compilation picture of facebook statusses where people were saying the earthquake was payback for Pearl Harbor, karma's a bitch, japan had it coming, etc. It actually saddens me that there are a LOT of people thinking that way....

+1 on the nuclear power thing, Dom. It's especially damaging for the nuclear power discussion in germany, isn't it?
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #74 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Yes mate, ignorance is a bitch.

Had the misfortune to get caught up in a protest in Frankfurt with a hundred or so people bleating on about Japan, dressed in fallout suits banging a yellow barrel. Perhaps worse of all was that heroic workers in Japan are risking their lives to prevent a catastrophe while this gaggle of knee-jerk alarmists were trying to flog anti-atomkraft t-shirts and hats

Old March 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #75 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

The Pearl Harbor Facebook thing is deplorable. Some people are just disgusting.

On a related note, however... how the hell is it payback when they ended up losing the war in the first place?!