Power Quest  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Power Quest
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

New Luca Turilli album announced - 'Ascending To Infinity'

Quote:
“Hi to everybody! The production is proceeding perfectly and my friend Sebastian and I are having a great time while working on the new album here in the cold Kempten, with the snow visiting us from time to time. Nice atmosphere indeed!”

“As you know in December Alex Holzwarth recorded all his drum parts. Right now we just ended the recording of the new singer and all the choirs. In some days it will be time for Dominique and Patrice to face their parts while I will soon go back to Italy. There, in my private home studio, I will record the rest of the rhythmic and lead guitar parts, the keyboard and the piano and will finalize the last orchestral arrangements for the mix”.

“All in all, the entire studio production of the new album ASCENDING TO INFINITY will last around 4 months but this is normal considered the artistic ambition of the release, the rich presence of choirs and orchestra, the people involved and the record company’s unique support”.

“If you ask me which has been one the most exciting moments of the studio production, I can tell you that the recording of the new LT’s RHAPSODY’s singer has been really amazing. I will use the words of my friend Sebastian to define the skill of the new front man: fantastic and with an unlimited potential… If you want to know more then I can tell you that from our band’s website an exclusive news about him will soon be released. Stay tuned!”
So this will be released under the name "Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody" on June 29th 2012 by Nuclear Blast. Excellent! But sounds a little confusing :/ And the singer for the project with be announced on the official website on February 27th. Exciting!
Tracklist:

1. QUANTUM X
2. ASCENDING TO INFINITY
3. DANTE’S INFERNO
4. EXCALIBUR
5. TORMENTO E PASSIONE
6. DARK FATE OF ATLANTIS
7. FANTASIA GOTICA
8. CLASH OF THE TITANS
9. OF MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL AND LUCIFER’S FALL
- I. ALMA MUNDI
- II. FATUM MORTALIS
- III. IGNIS DIVINUS

& 2 bonus tracks on the special edition with "many exclusive gifts".

After the release there's a tour in Autumn, can't wait for those release dates.

facebook.com/domfeargrieve

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

This truly sounds epic. Look at those titles! Fantastia Gotica is finally being released, too! Yay!

This is ranking high on my 'most anticipated 2012 albums' list. June is so far away...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kingface

Look forward to this one!
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Stayed tuned one week from today!

Old February 27th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Check the update! The artwork is cool, but Machado always uses the same techniques and honestly I'm getting a little tired of seeing him do the art for every big power metal act these days. The guy who did the last two Stratovarius albums should do more - he's incredible. I'm just a little tired of seeing the same wispy scenery on every album I get these days.

Also the merchandise looks awesome. I reeeeally want that hoodie, especially because it's not a zip-up.
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

I love Felipe Machado but I'm a little fed up of seeing this everywhere

That said, looks cool. Feel a bit cheated we're not finding out who the singer is as promised but hey, previews next month.

Old February 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Ugh yeah I'm sick of seeing that. I dunno, the guy's good but he has the same 'blend' pattern on everything he does. Makes me wonder if he can do anything else. :P
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
BodomGaiden

have you seen Iced Earth's new album? that is quality Machado art. dont know why he goes traditional with them but not anyone else...
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

http://ltrhapsody.com/

New singer revealed! Can't listen to the clip just yet but I'm very excited. What a good year for music, once again!
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Powerray

sounds GREAT !!!
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

This sounds like it'll blow me away. Alessandro sounds like a perfect fit. Does anybody else hear Michael Kiske in his voice? Going to have to pre-order very soon...
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Doesn't sound too bad. Will look forward to this one but nothing struck me as particularly new or innovative. I think this new singer sounds pretty average compared to Fabio, will take some getting used to.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

New video is up!

http://ltrhapsody.com/

Holy crap look at the production on that. The song sounds awesome too!
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Genuinely fantastic song. Such amazing production on that video. My faith in this new singer has been restored. Luca's on top form as ever.

Old May 4th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Anyone else think Dominique looks like one of the high elves from Skyrim?
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Andiferum
My penis exploded

So glad Alex got the job!
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Samples from each track released. Sounding really good!

Old June 11th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Powerray

great !!!
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Video is not available anymore but I checked them out on iTunes and it sounds phenomenal. This is going to be a great album. I also watched the 16 minute interview (with captions, of course) on the LTR website - having never seen a real interview with Luca before, it's great to see how laid back but excited he is about this project. Sounds like things were getting stale with the old Rhapsody, even though everyone knew it had to end at some point, so it's great to see two Rhapsodies having a blast with what they're each doing, and they're all friends so that's even better.

I really hope this gets brought to North America when they go on their world tour. Alessandro's vocals are amazing all around and I'd love to hear these songs (and more... wink wink, Black Dragon!!) live!
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Powerray

nice helloween cover too ;-)
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Ah damn, they took it down.

Think there's some here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D7cY...ailpage#t=362s

Old June 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Good find Dom!!
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Power_Metal_Dom
Epic Metaller

Could not stop listening to this album this whole weekend and...wow. Just wow. This album really shows Luca is still probably the best composer in metal. I really rate The Frozen Tears of Angels as a fantastic Rhapsody album and I think Ascending to Infinity begins where that left off. Luca is keeping the Rhapsody flag held high with the album, it's just wall to wall epic, melodic and the new vocalist is phenomenal. At times you can tell he's had to emulate Fabio to fit the style of the song but in all other areas he's really shown off what he can do and it's impressive stuff. Luca you are the man, the spirit of Rhapsody is here and with you.

Old July 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

Ahh I can't wait for my copy to arrive!
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Jack Nippleson

WOW.

This might be the album of the year for me, eclipsing Sonata Arctica. It's symphonic power metal that is doing new things and keeping the sound fresh and alive. Alessandro Conti is the shining star of this album in my opinion, proving there are still some people out there with the talent and energy of the older metal legends. He sounds exactly like Michael Kiske, and has amazing control of his voice - can even do operatic vocals! The songwriting is outstanding throughout the whole album, lots of variety and shifting dynamics, I can't get enough of it. Easily Luca's best composing yet.

The addition of real orchestras and choirs makes it that much better. Dante's Inferno is such a cool track, Ascending to Infinity really pummels you with power metal glory, and Dark Fate of Atlantis has some incredible prog-power melodies and solos. The cover of Helloween's March of Time is, dare I say it, better than the original!

I can't get enough of this album, I've already spun it a dozen times over the last few days and it's just... glorious. Majestic in every way. Holy hell I hope they keep this going because this is a great sign of things to come. Normally musicians who are at this stage in their career have already hit their peak, but Luca's still doing new things and I'd say this is his best album yet. The cinematic tag is no lie.

9.5/10, only reason is that some parts of Dante's Inferno don't grip me as much as older Rhapsody epics and Luna and Excalibur are probably the weaker songs on the album (though I still love them). Masterful!