Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Practice Room
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Practice Room Promote your work, ask for feedback, offer mixing practice.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
ThriceFan

Post Hardcore Demos Need Input

Hey /b/ros my drummer just took over a studio, he's kinda new at production and we're hoping for some solid advice to get him started particularly in mixing. Any thoughts on this mix?? I'll put up the other demo if requested but I wanna start with just one.

http://soundcloud.com/abandon-the-harbor-1/untitled-demo-1-1

Last edited by ThriceFan : March 9th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
ThriceFan

Anyone? Just looking for some stArting points. I kinda was suggesting to him, a high and low pass on the guitars at 100hz and 9khz. maybe take some kthump out of the kick and add some high end. I dont know much about bass so any suggestions in thatht regard wud be awesome. We Track a processed signal no di's so reamping isnt relly aan option at this point.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
ToreFagerheim

Guitars sound good. Vocals could be louder but still sound really well performed. Sounds like there is a low pass filter on the overhead mics? They need way more air in order to breathe more. The music is really good! Not what I'd usually listen to, but I could definitely sit down and relax to this stuff. Keep it up!

Got any feedback for my band?
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/r...erall-mix.html
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Skillbinator

Good sounding song!

I would suggest trying to take some of that sort of 'duuung' sound out of the drums, specifically the toms. I think you can do that by scooping out the mids a bit. The vocals sound great if a tiny a bit buried in the mix. Guitars sound great, and I agree with ToreFagerheim about the low pass on the OHs, but other than that sounds good and keep it up!