ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA > ProgPower USA Lounge
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Justin G

The second episode was interesting, if a bit slow. I can see it is already diverging slightly from the books.

News Editor/Senior Columnist, www.hardrockhaven.net

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/justinsgaines
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Second episode was cool. Not only it's great to have a series that deals with them Zs, it's also great to have a good show again on Sunday nights.

I'm hooked.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
AMBR
Goddess of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngraRULES View Post
Second episode was cool. Not only it's great to have a series that deals with them Zs, it's also great to have a good show again on Sunday nights.

I'm hooked.
Me too.

Liked the zombie car chase at the end, but where'd they get a hold of the hot rod and the gas? Think I should perhaps pay better attention. The guts were a bit much for me, I admit.

Check out my updated photo website at ambrphoto.com

http://www.beyondearcandy.com
Past sponsors of Kamelot, Angra, Epica, After Forever, Amorphis, Rob Rock, Crimson Glory, Brainstorm, Nocturnal Rites, Tarot and Mob Rules, Amaranth, Heaven's Cry

Old November 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Evil
Drunken Bastard

great show.. im totally hooked.

Old November 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Purveyor Of Evil
Heavy Metal, INC.

I've been addicted to this show since the opening seconds of the first episode.
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
JenniferLynn
AKA Irish

2nd episode - LOVED IT!!! totally cannot WAIT for next week!!!!

Save some time to dream 'cause your dream may save us all ~ John Mellencamp
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
modernwizardry
brewing some doom stew

second episode was great!
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
James

Link to Article

As expected, ‘The Walking Dead’ gets a second season

4:16 pm November 8, 2010, by Rodney Ho

Atlanta: more zombies are on the way.

After its monstrous opening of 5.3 million viewers last Sunday, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” was virtually a lock for a second season. But AMC waited until the numbers came in for the second episode last night: 4.7 million viewers. That’s close to 90 percent retention, which is excellent, especially after all the hype for the debut episode. That meant the initial viewers liked what they saw and came back for more.

The zombie drama, shot in metro Atlanta this past summer with a modest six-episode opening season, also did well internationally, another major consideration for any show to get renewed. Of those 4.7 million viewers last night, 3.3 million were in the target 18 to 49 year old demographic. The second episode actually drew more 18 to 49 year old men than the first one: 2.1 million vs. 2 million, according to Nielsen numbers compiled by Deadline Hollywood. The show will get 13 episodes. No word on when production will start but my guess is they’ll probably get going early next year when it’s a wee bit cooler.

Last night’s episode focused primarily on actions on the rooftop of a downtown Atlanta building and included two characters slathering themselves with zombie guts to disguise themselves from the actual zombies. Yum! Next week: a reunion that includes some awkward elements and a need to go back into downtown Atlanta to get a cache of weapons Grimes left behind.
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Pellaz
Tigron of Immanion

Ahh, downtown Atlanta.
If the Apocalypse happens during Dragon*Con, the human survivors can always pick up a bunch of stormtrooper armor and fake weapons there. Might not help too much against zombies, but at least Our Heroes would look good as they're mowed down.
WREKage, 11:59pm Fri nights
http://www.wrekage.org 91.1 FM Atlanta -- Atlanta radio's home of metal for nearly 30 years, also streamed live and archived for a week!
WINNER: Atlanta's Best Non-Commercial Radio Show, 2012
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
JenniferLynn
AKA Irish

It'd be awesome to see some of that filming downtown during PP - but no road closures near us!!!!

Save some time to dream 'cause your dream may save us all ~ John Mellencamp
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Pellaz
Tigron of Immanion

"In other news, zombies clashed with metalheads in a street-battle royale in Midtown yesterday...."
WREKage, 11:59pm Fri nights
http://www.wrekage.org 91.1 FM Atlanta -- Atlanta radio's home of metal for nearly 30 years, also streamed live and archived for a week!
WINNER: Atlanta's Best Non-Commercial Radio Show, 2012
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
BenMech
student of the d'eh

@ Paul - Could they tell the difference?
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #38 (permalink)
Cheiron

Okay show so far. Doesn't have much of an identity yet. Pretty slow paced. Acting... is tolerable. Not at the level of quality that has been shown by other big-time shows over the last 5 years.
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
DreamNeonBlack

I love this show, as I've loved the comic book version. They did say they will veer from the comic by way of expanding/contracting some elements to fit the TV format. But they said they will always keep to the overall story arc set forth in the comic. I can't believe what gore/language they are getting away with also...
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
Justin G

Here's my prediction: Michael Rooker's character (the name escapes me) will come back next season as the Governor (if you read the books you know who I'm talking about). He's too good an actor to waste on a one-off appearance, and now he has a grudge with Rick.

Old November 12th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Dolamite S. Biffle
Biffliest Person Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamNeonBlack View Post
I can't believe what gore/language they are getting away with also...
This is something I found interesting. I looked into this a few years back when comedy central was playing unrated versions of movies at like midnight or something on south park was just like, really? It turns out that since the tv networks are privately funded and arent available on basic cable that they can pretty much show whatever they want as long as there is the little rating int he top right. They just dont try to go to far in inappropriate time slots or during certain tv shows.

“Its all about escapism,” says Scott Waldrop, guitarist for Twisted Tower Dire. It’s the antithesis of bands like R.E.M. or Pearl Jam. For me, Power Metal, or traditional Metal, is like a soundtrack for slaying the singer of Creed."

"Dude, can you shut the fuck up for the next 3min and 12 seconds so I can play the next fucking song?!?" - Jon Oliva
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #42 (permalink)
ralzy

srry 2 interfere.......!

Katatonia + (I once had a girl, or should I say ). The connect will give you a tour's name. Name the tour
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
DreamNeonBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Gaines View Post
Here's my prediction: Michael Rooker's character (the name escapes me) will come back next season as the Governor (if you read the books you know who I'm talking about). He's too good an actor to waste on a one-off appearance, and now he has a grudge with Rick.

You know, I had the same thought. It would be a slight alteration of the character but they are very, very close and it would be a nice set up.
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
Justin G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamNeonBlack View Post
You know, I had the same thought. It would be a slight alteration of the character but they are very, very close and it would be a nice set up.
I'm even more convinced after last night's episode. Merl is gone and he's lost a hand. That's going to come back on Rick in a big way down the road.

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #45 (permalink)
DuchessOfDork

Quote:
I'm even more convinced after last night's episode. Merl is gone and he's lost a hand. That's going to come back on Rick in a big way down the road.
Did anyone else recognize Merl as Grant from Slither?

Or am I the only one who watches cheesy horror movies?
"I'LL PUNCH OUT ALL YOUR BLOOD!!"
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #46 (permalink)
Justin G

Last night's episode veered way off of the book's storyline. This CDC thing is totally new.

Old December 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #47 (permalink)
James

Andrew Lincoln interview

Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes of ‘The Walking Dead’) marvels over good fortune

11:28 am December 3, 2010, by Rodney Ho

An image of Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from this Sunday's season one finale, which is shot inside the former Sci-Trek museum space with exteriors of Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre masquerading as the CDC.

Until a few weeks ago, Andrew Lincoln was a successful actor in England best known in the United States for a role in “Love Actually” a few years back. Then “The Walking Dead” dropped in his lap. Now as the lead character, the determined cop Rick Grimes, he’s on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. The magazine dubbed the zombie drama “the best new show on TV.”
“Even in my wildest dreams, I never envisioned this,” said Lincoln, in an exuberant interview earlier this week. “It’s kind of rare when everybody gets the gist of the show and has the same excitement and enthusiasm you have. We’re all kind of emailing and Skyping each other and just pinching ourselves.”
The series, shot during the summer in Atlanta and based on a series of graphic novels, opened at a surprisingly robust 5.3 million on Halloween. Its fifth episode last Sunday hit a series high 5.6 million. These are double the numbers of AMC’s heralded “Mad Men” and better than many network shows.
Unfortunately for AMC, there are only six episodes to open the first season. Next year, expect 13.
When publicizing the show before it launched, many folks joked about how ridiculously hot it was in Atlanta. Lincoln himself had lost weight for the role and lost even more because of the outdoor shoots in punishing 90-plus degree weather. “I probably shouldn’t say this but I had a great time out there,” the Brit said. “We just hope it’s not another record-breaking hot year next year.”
The season one finale this Sunday was primarily shot inside the former Sci-Trek space downtown at the Atlanta Civic Center masquerading as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The outdoor portions were shot at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.
It was the only one of the six episodes in which the actors were in air conditioning. “We used to walk around joking, ‘I’m not sweaty enough! We’re not hot enough!” Lincoln said. “We felt like rats trapped in this sterile environment. We were used to grunging it up in the countryside.”
Not to give too much away, but Grimes & Co. may soon been leaving Atlanta proper into more rural areas to get away from the high concentrations of zombies. “But I’m loathe to pre-empt what [executive producer] Frank [Darabont] and the team have in store. Frank’s written this exquisite thing. I’ll do whatever he says!”
While they were here for more than two months to shoot six episodes this past summer, a 13-episode shoot should take five or six months next year. Lincoln can’t wait to put on the cop uniform and play Grimes again.

“He’s driven by this instinct to protect,” he said. In Sunday’s episode, “you realize how tautly wound this guy is. He has a public face he has to keep up as the leader. People look up to him. That puts undue pressure on him. He needs to keep moving. He needs a mission or a goal or he’ll die. Some characters just give up. I think having a family is vital to keeping him going, to give him momentum. He has to look after them. ”
In a later press conference, Lincoln said he was unaware of Darabont’s decision to possibly drop the writing staff and rely on freelancers, news broken earlier in the week by deadline.com. He said he implicitly trusts Darabont.
Robert Kirkman, who created the graphic novels and is actively involved with the TV series, clarified the issue a bit in TV Guide, saying any news about how the writing staff will be configured is premature.

On TV
“The Walking Dead,” season finale, 10 p.m. AMC Sunday
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #48 (permalink)
James

LINK

'The Walking Dead' finale breaks ratings records

The ratings for "The Walking Dead's" just-ended first season have been such that perhaps AMC is wishing that it had lasted more than just six weeks.
The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.
To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

(On the other hand, that 18-49 number is very important, because the New York Post reported in 2007 that a post-"High School Musical 2" episode of "Hannah Montana," with much of its audience under 18, averaged 10.7 million viewers.)
As hot as "The Walking Dead" is, it's not quite to the level of some episodes of "The Sopranos" final season, which on two occasions had around 13 million viewers.
Still, the network says that "The Walking Dead's" average 18-49 viewership of 3.5 million for this season makes it the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the demographic.
The big question is, now that the show has grown beyond its core fanbase, will the "Dead-heads" tune in once again next Halloween (the likely start date for season two), despite the long wait? What do you think? Share your comments below.
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #49 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Love the first season. I'll admit I had no idea about the comic books, but I really liked it. Looking forward to the next season!
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #50 (permalink)
Diabolik

Quote:
Darabont already mentioned in an interview that Merele wont be the Governor. Thomas Jane actually came out and said in an interview that he would love to play the part.

I really hope that things get back on track. The first season had its ups and downs.