ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA > ProgPower USA Lounge
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #276 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Gaines View Post
Some recent pickups:

Invincible: Ultimate Collection HC vol. 7
Hellboy Library HC vol. 4
Ultimate Comics: Ultimates vol. 1
Preacher HC vol. 4
Thor (the JMS run) Omnibus HC
these comics are more awesome than anything else mentioned in the last couple of pages
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM   #277 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Cable 2nd series issue #39 was awesome
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #278 (permalink)
metalprof
Ken Luther

This movie comes out soon, courtesy of Morgan Spurlock. I hope it's fun!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/comi...v_a_fans_hope/

Ken
-----------------------------------------------------
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #279 (permalink)
TheLongshot

Speaking of comics in media, Zenescope Entertainment is teaming up with Titmouse Studios to Kickstart a Grimm's Fairy Tales animated series. Not a fan of GFT, but I might support to support Titmouse (The studio behind most of Adult Swim's original content.)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nimated-series
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #280 (permalink)
dionysus11
MSTmike3K

For me lately ive only been buying Boom Disney comics Uncle Scrooge Ducktales,Darkwing Duck,and Rescue Rangers. I just can't let go of my childhood i guess. On an unrelated note I also still buy The Simpsons Comics,and I really wish someone would make an Archer comic.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #281 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus11 View Post
For me lately ive only been buying Boom Disney comics Uncle Scrooge Ducktales,Darkwing Duck,and Rescue Rangers. I just can't let go of my childhood i guess. On an unrelated note I also still buy The Simpsons Comics
didn't realize any of these were still being made
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #282 (permalink)
dionysus11
MSTmike3K

Kaboom comics brought them all back to life in 2011,and they are really good if you love the old cartoons. the place i get my comics i have darkwing,and ducktales on hold for me every month,and they tell me when i pick it up that they always sell out of them every month so they have up their order
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #283 (permalink)
DuchessOfDork

I'm not a huge Image Comics fan, but I'm collecting Nancy in Hell right now and it's very LOL-worthy. It started out as a simple 4-issue story, but now they're on to part 2.

Basically.. girl from 1985 dies and goes to hell, then tries to break out.
"I'LL PUNCH OUT ALL YOUR BLOOD!!"
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #284 (permalink)
dionysus11
MSTmike3K

don't know if you guys know but soon there will be a Dr.Who,Star Trek the Next Generation Crossover mini series coming out. Which reminds me of the 6 issue X-Files/30 Days of Night series that was really good
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #285 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalprof View Post
This movie comes out soon, courtesy of Morgan Spurlock. I hope it's fun!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/comi...v_a_fans_hope/Ken
this looks like it could be awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Speaking of comics in media, Zenescope Entertainment is teaming up with Titmouse Studios to Kickstart a Grimm's Fairy Tales animated series. Not a fan of GFT, but I might support to support Titmouse (The studio behind most of Adult Swim's original content.)http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nimated-series
this looks like it could be sorta cool
Quote:
Kaboom comics brought them all back to life in 2011,and they are really good if you love the old cartoons. the place i get my comics i have darkwing,and ducktales on hold for me every month,and they tell me when i pick it up that they always sell out of them every month so they have up their order
i remember someone else mentioning a Darkwing comic, sounds like it could be cool, i'd love to see a Gizmo Duck comic though
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessOfDork View Post
I'm not a huge Image Comics fan, but I'm collecting Nancy in Hell right now and it's very LOL-worthy. It started out as a simple 4-issue story, but now they're on to part 2.Basically.. girl from 1985 dies and goes to hell, then tries to break out.
i love the comic image comic called invincible
Quote:
don't know if you guys know but soon there will be a Dr.Who,Star Trek the Next Generation Crossover mini series coming out. Which reminds me of the 6 issue X-Files/30 Days of Night series that was really good
doctor who/startrek tng crossover? wow, makes me think of that X-men/startrek tng crossover called "planet X"
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #286 (permalink)
zinescene

Since last post I've picked up

Legion of Super-Heroes 1-7 (The "New 52" series)
Legion Lost 1-7
Legion Secret Origin 1-5 which has been an entertaining different perspective on the origins of the Legion of Super Heroes.
and picking up some missing issues of the 2010 version of LSH comics with 1,2,6 and 12
Oh and one I'm looking forward to reading since I'm a Trekkie fan is the Star Trek/Legion of Super Heroes Crossover series. It was a 6 issue crossover collaberations between IDW and DC Comics, which I'm a little behind the times since I didnt know anything about it till I saw Issue #6 in the stores. Going to have to try to find Issues 1-5...looks like I'll be scouring the likes of Ebay.

Last edited by zinescene : April 12th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #287 (permalink)
Diabolik

Just got back from the first day of C2E2 ( huge hicago comic con). What a bust. At every con I have gone to in the past 12 years...I have come out with at least 20 - 30 trade papperbacks or more. Usually only spending under 400 bucks. Today I only got 5 books at about 70 bucks. It is funny...at a comic con there is a lack of actual comic book dealers. It is more pop culture stuff more than anything else.

Picked up the new Thunderbolts / Secret Avengers / Inncoruptable / Hercules and Astro City trades.
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #288 (permalink)
Justin G

There's a new Astro City?

News Editor/Senior Columnist, www.hardrockhaven.net

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/justinsgaines

Lego meets metal at www.facebook.com/bricksofthebeast
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #289 (permalink)
Diabolik

yeah...the Shinining Stars trade paperback...not really new but it just came out in hardcover.
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #290 (permalink)
Justin G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
yeah...the Shinining Stars trade paperback...not really new but it just came out in hardcover.
Oh, OK. I have the HC.

Old April 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #291 (permalink)
Diabolik

C2E2 was a bust. Lack of comic book dealers at a comic based convention really blew. Only 2 booths with 50% off trades and they had just old stuff. Usually I clean house and get about 30 trades. THe rest of the con was all clothes / jewelry / toys / and knick nacks. Out of 12 years of conventions this was the worst one I have been to.

The only high notes were getting to talk to Dan Slott, one of my favorite writers. It was a nice little chat about some characters that dont get much use and other things. He seemed very happy not to have to talk about current Spider-Man stuff. He was very humble and excited.

Also DotCom from 30 Rock was there doing free pictures / autographs all 3 days. He was there just having fun talking and meeting people. Nice to see.

It seems that no one had any new stuff that came out recently in trades / hardcovers. If they did it was 10 - 20% off only. Amazon is cheaper. The reason I go to conventions is to get books cheap. Too bad. I look forward every year to this and this one was a huge let down.
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #292 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

i personnally don't feel like the dcu really needed to be re-booted
kinda upset about it today
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #293 (permalink)
Justin G

I picked up a few used trades last weekend.

Iron Man: Armor Wars II tp - kind of a lame story, but I love the Romita Jr. "ugly Lego people" artwork.
Iron Man: Director of SHEILD - Hunted tp
Justice League America vol. 2 HC - the '90s Grant Morrison reboot.

Old April 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #294 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
I picked up a few used trades last weekend.

Iron Man: Armor Wars II tp - kind of a lame story, but I love the Romita Jr. "ugly Lego people" artwork.
Iron Man: Director of SHEILD - Hunted tp
Justice League America vol. 2 HC - the '90s Grant Morrison reboot.
i like earth 616 ironman but ultimate ironman just looks weird to me

romita jrs art was cool but i also like romita srs art

i loved the justice league graphic novel "identity crisis" by brad meltzer, because it was amazingly self-contained enough for hardcore marvel fans to read, and at the same time it explained a bunch of things that had previously been confusing to the hardcore "justice league" comic fans, and rags morales' art was really freaking awesome
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #295 (permalink)
Justin G

I got a review copy of the New 52 Animal Man trade and holy smokes is it good. It has much more of a modern horror/urban fantasy approach, which works very well with the completely creepy artwork.

I also got:

Stormwatch vol. 1 HC
Irredeemable vol. 8 TP
Ultimate Comics X-Men vol. 1 HC
Thor Ultimate Collection TP (the Kieron whatshisname run)

I love comics!

Old May 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #296 (permalink)
metalprof
Ken Luther

Quote:
I got a review copy of the New 52 Animal Man trade and holy smokes is it good. It has much more of a modern horror/urban fantasy approach, which works very well with the completely creepy artwork.
I started Animal Man at #1, but ignored Swamp Thing because, well, I figured how good could a book about a big green slimy thing be? Then I saw Swamp Thing getting really good reviews, and that it involved the same background as Animal Man, with The Rot. So I tried it out, and now Animal Man and Swamp Thing are two of my favorite DC books.

On the non-DC / Marvel front, I've read the first three trades of Chew, and they're great. It's set where the bird flu wiped out a good portion of the population, so chicken is now outlawed, and the FDA is the largest law enforcement agency in the world. The main character can learn the history of anything he eats, so he gets to eat a lot of disgusting stuff during his investigations! And if that's not enough, there are vampires and an alien plant involved. Nice!

Ken
-----------------------------------------------------
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #297 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:

I also got:

Stormwatch vol. 1 HC
Irredeemable vol. 8 TP
Ultimate Comics X-Men vol. 1 HC
Thor Ultimate Collection TP (the Kieron whatshisname run)

I love comics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalprof View Post
I started Animal Man at #1, but ignored Swamp Thing because, well, I figured how good could a book about a big green slimy thing be? Then I saw Swamp Thing getting really good reviews, and that it involved the same background as Animal Man, with The Rot. So I tried it out, and now Animal Man and Swamp Thing are two of my favorite DC books.

On the non-DC / Marvel front, I've read the first three trades of Chew, and they're great. It's set where the bird flu wiped out a good portion of the population, so chicken is now outlawed, and the FDA is the largest law enforcement agency in the world. The main character can learn the history of anything he eats, so he gets to eat a lot of disgusting stuff during his investigations! And if that's not enough, there are vampires and an alien plant involved. Nice!

Ken
interesting
i got to read more
but i've busy with my life
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:47 AM   #298 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

did anyone notice that Miles Morales stole Miguel O'Hara's costume???

just click here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...w=1366&bih=667

then click here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...w=1366&bih=667

it's clearly obvious that Sara Pichelli just stole Miguel's costume and put it on a new character
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #299 (permalink)
J. Golden
Heaven and Hell Records

now this is good news!

J. Golden
- Mr. Doomicus -
Heaven & Hell Records
Sounds Of Purgatory Distribution
Heaven and Hell Records Facebook

Last edited by J. Golden : July 12th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #300 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
awesome