ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA > ProgPower USA Lounge
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #51 (permalink)
Metalmilitia2000
UM's Resident Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngraRULES View Post
Nah, it's all good. She loves going on a cruise. I love going on a festival. It's perfect. To make it even better, would be a small section of the cruise that's not necessarily right next to the main outdoor stage. That'd be a win-win.

We balance the shows/vacations/leisure time well. And I know Brent, you'd love to snag me as your partner in life, but bro, it's not gonna happen.
Dammit, I was hoping to work off that nevermore shirt that you outbid me on...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
Pellaz
Tigron of Immanion

Quote:
Nah, it's all good. She loves going on a cruise. I love going on a festival. It's perfect. To make it even better, would be a small section of the cruise that's not necessarily right next to the main outdoor stage. That'd be a win-win.
Having been on that ship, there's an area on the pool-deck that's well aft and should be (mostly) out of hearing range of the stage, since there's some superstructure between there and the stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_man View Post
I went last year. It was fucking incredible. Definitely worth the time/money. I won't be going this year though due to serious money constraints, so I'm just gonna save up for a festival blow-out next year. Hopefully Progpower will be on the list!
Hope you can make it! At least Atlanta is a tiny bit closer to you than the Port of Miami!
WREKage, 11:59pm Fri nights
http://www.wrekage.org 91.1 FM Atlanta -- Atlanta radio's home of metal for nearly 30 years, also streamed live and archived for a week!
WINNER: Atlanta's Best Non-Commercial Radio Show, 2012
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #53 (permalink)
War Ensemble
Enos, You Dipstick!

They just added Pretty Maids to the cruise. They still have ~11 bands to announce in the next 40+ days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboys311 View Post
The only reason to be a metalhead who doesn't like Slayer is if you exclusively listen to My Little Pony metal or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
I've always wondered what it would feel like to rub my nutsack with sandpaper soaked in Jalapeno juice. (Ripper) Owens in Nightwish is probably a good comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
nope. I like being closed minded and bitter.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
spag
I am a leaf on the wind

Nothing like waiting till the last minute. Not like the cruise isn't basically full, so it doesn't matter to most people, but I am curious what the top 10 are going to be.
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Megawozniak
Alex from Canada

Venom and Orphaned Land
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
Stingray11214
OSA Triumvir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawozniak View Post
Venom and Orphaned Land
VENOM?!?!?! Jesus H. Christ! I want to hear "Teacher's Pet".

Oceansouls of America: Proud Bastard Child of the Nightwish Community Since 2003!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" President Ronald W. Reagan
Old December 11th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Megawozniak
Alex from Canada

Yep, it's gonna be another good cruise. Cheaper than Wacken, more intimate, unlimited food, zero "scene kids", at least 40 bands each doing two shows, and the Cayman Islands.

Can't beat watching J Schaffer stumbling around a stage while Kai and Hansi sing Valhalla!
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
SkiBumMSP

Would love to go, but my Aspen ski trip pretty much nuked that idea.

Proud co-sponsor - Anubis Gate - ProgPower XVI
Proud co-sponsor - Stratovarius - ProgPowerUSA XV
Proud co-sponsor - Xandria - ProgPowerUSA XIV
Proud co-sponsor - Lanfear - ProgPowerUSA XIII
Proud co-sponsor - Eldritch - ProgPowerUSA XII
Proud co-sponsor - DGM - ProgPowerUSA XI
Proud co-sponsor - Sabaton - ProgPowerUSA X

Play it HARD! Play it LOUD! Keep it METAL!

Metal and Klipsch - match made in heaven!
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
DuchessOfDork

Quote:
Yep, it's gonna be another good cruise. Cheaper than Wacken, more intimate, unlimited food, zero "scene kids", at least 40 bands each doing two shows, and the Cayman Islands.

Can't beat watching J Schaffer stumbling around a stage while Kai and Hansi sing Valhalla!
/sob

I WANT TO GOOOOO...
"I'LL PUNCH OUT ALL YOUR BLOOD!!"
Old December 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
Pellaz
Tigron of Immanion

I want to go, tooooo.....and might have been able to, but sadly, I don't know how to tune a guitar!

Ironically I WILL now be going on a cruise, from the same port, starting just a few days AFTER 70Ktons ends this year. Different ship this time, though; going on Carnival Imagination to Key West FL and Cozumel, MX. (It's costing about one-third to one-fourth what 70ktons would cost if booked now.)
WREKage, 11:59pm Fri nights
http://www.wrekage.org 91.1 FM Atlanta -- Atlanta radio's home of metal for nearly 30 years, also streamed live and archived for a week!
WINNER: Atlanta's Best Non-Commercial Radio Show, 2012
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #61 (permalink)
St Enigma

First video report from the 70000tons cruise featuring Nightwish and Alestorm *here* (C)CNN

Y am I sitting here in da kneehigh snow??? Is not fair in da life!!!
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
nailz

That guy. They chose that guy to be the face of metal. Wat. I hate to sound insensitive but WTF.
Old January 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
DuchessOfDork

Sigh... so jealous.
"I'LL PUNCH OUT ALL YOUR BLOOD!!"
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #64 (permalink)
RagePSV

One day. One day....

Old January 28th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
zekeyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailz View Post
That guy. They chose that guy to be the face of metal. Wat. I hate to sound insensitive but WTF.
He's a good guy, super nice and was wearing all that crap as he had just performed with Alestorm. He always wears odd shit when his band performs. When I saw them in Toronto he was partially topless and wearing a homemade suit of 'armor' made out of metal album jackets...
Old January 28th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #66 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
The first band they showed was Nightwish. Annette was a good first impression for most people, I should say.
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #67 (permalink)
Megawozniak
Alex from Canada

I expected a lot worse, tbh.

Cruise was of course the best thing this year, just not as good as last year's.
Old January 28th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
nailz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeyou View Post
He's a good guy, super nice and was wearing all that crap as he had just performed with Alestorm. He always wears odd shit when his band performs. When I saw them in Toronto he was partially topless and wearing a homemade suit of 'armor' made out of metal album jackets...
I'm sure he's great. I'm sure he's not even that stupid looking half the time, but that's what CNN chose to show. A lot. Good job, CNN.
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #69 (permalink)
Stingray11214
OSA Triumvir

Quote:
The first band they showed was Nightwish. Annette was a good first impression for most people, I should say.
A very huge win for the gang from Kitee!

Oceansouls of America: Proud Bastard Child of the Nightwish Community Since 2003!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" President Ronald W. Reagan
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
AeonicSlumber
srs

Quote:
I'm sure he's great. I'm sure he's not even that stupid looking half the time, but that's what CNN chose to show. A lot. Good job, CNN.
As someone who knows something about journalism, CNN is pretty much dogshit, just like all of the 24/7 "news" networks. However, CNN sickens me the most because they at one point had a high reputation that they ran through the dirt.

God FAQs
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonicSlumber View Post
As someone who knows something about journalism, CNN is pretty much dogshit, just like all of the 24/7 "news" networks. However, CNN sickens me the most because they at one point had a high reputation that they ran through the dirt.
CNN was the only 24/7 News network that actually gave 5 minutes of their precious time to devote to 70,000 Tons of Metal, and did an actual decent job showing the festival, the fans and the bands. I think they should get some credit based on that alone.
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #72 (permalink)
freakchylde
PPUSA Driver o' Doom!!!!!

FYI, on the CNN issue, this is an iReport - which means it's not a reporter doing the reporting. It's a regular individual like the rest of us, who signed up with CNN to do stuff like this, no journalism training required.

Come play on The Playground
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #73 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakchylde View Post
FYI, on the CNN issue, this is an iReport - which means it's not a reporter doing the reporting. It's a regular individual like the rest of us, who signed up with CNN to do stuff like this, no journalism training required.
Yes, correct... But I'll still take a decently done iReport story that actually has nice things to say about our "style" than something negative or nothing at all.
Old January 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM   #74 (permalink)
War Ensemble
Enos, You Dipstick!

Quote:
I expected a lot worse, tbh.

Cruise was of course the best thing this year, just not as good as last year's.
I unfortunately didn't make it on last year's cruise. I had a blast on the cruise this year. I am so glad I went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboys311 View Post
The only reason to be a metalhead who doesn't like Slayer is if you exclusively listen to My Little Pony metal or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
I've always wondered what it would feel like to rub my nutsack with sandpaper soaked in Jalapeno juice. (Ripper) Owens in Nightwish is probably a good comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
nope. I like being closed minded and bitter.
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
AeonicSlumber
srs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakchylde View Post
Yeah, that's precisely why I hate CNN...

God FAQs