ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA > ProgPower USA Lounge
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Great points - it's always better to get a fan's perspective, instead of reading just a bland match report!

Your team is in control of its own destiny - can't ask for much more.

Based on what you write about the referee, South American officiating has not improved much then since my last exposure - still way too much bias and making decisions based on the heat of the moment.

Goo luck next week!

On a separate note, congrats to Real Madrid. I am not a big fan outside of appreciating their style of play, and some of the individual skill, and I am really not a fan of Mourinho's antics, but the man can coach - and having a couple of German Internationals in the squad has meant that I follow their progress more closely than most seasons.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
ApolloFC
Sax-Man

Chelsea v Liverpool FA Cup tomorrow Ever since we've gotten Torres I've never really worried about Liverpool. Quite excited
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloFC View Post
Chelsea v Liverpool FA Cup tomorrow Ever since we've gotten Torres I've never really worried about Liverpool. Quite excited
I told you about Ramires, and he did it again. Looks like you need to start focusing on the *real* stars of the team... not Torres.

And by the way, as much as I rooted for Chelsea, that Liverpool header WAS a goal.
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Taliwakker

Liverpool were shit in the first half. Downing, Enrique, Spearing and Henderson were really bad (not good enough for LFC). As soon as big Andy came on it was a different game. Suarez was less isolated and showed his class (best player in the EPL). Luck has not been with the reds this season....continued into the final. If it got to extra time i think it would have been a different result.
Oh well.....i think Chelsea are gonna get smashed in the champions league final.
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
ApolloFC
Sax-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngraRULES View Post
And by the way, as much as I rooted for Chelsea, that Liverpool header WAS a goal.
Say what you want about the goal, tis not my call to make :P I'm all for fair calls.. i'm not excluding Chelsea players when I say this either.

I'm just happy todays a proper footballing day. with a few matches back to back New castle vs city to start the day
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
I'm all for fair calls.. i'm not excluding Chelsea players when I say this either.
LOL, dude, you seriously would prefer that every call in soccer was correct?!?!

No comments... If so, you wanna make the sport as boring as baseball or American football?

There's something that it seems most Americans don't get... Having bad calls in soccer ADDS a lot to the game. It adds drama, it adds to the passion and it makes the sport more HUMAN. Thank god we dont have instant reviews for the referree.. That'd ruin it.

Quote:
I'm just happy todays a proper footballing day. with a few matches back to back New castle vs city to start the day
Yes. Great matches today, but step out of the EPL a bit. You'll find a lot more stuff to dig in (many many times a lot better football too :P )
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
ApolloFC
Sax-Man

Not every call no. I think I was going along the lines of goal line technology and people diving (fair play would be a better term here I guess?) when i said that earlier today.

I watch Boca Juniors on occasion and a little italian football here and there.
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
Not every call no. I think I was going along the lines of goal line technology and people diving (fair play would be a better term here I guess?) when i said that earlier today.
Goal line technology... Possibly.

Dives... Need to stay! Lol

Quote:
I watch Boca Juniors on occasion and a little italian football here and there.
Boca rules. No supporters in the world like Corinthians and Boca. Incredible!!!!!!!
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #34 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Totally unrelated to the last few posts - but I cannot seem to find the Europa League final being broadcast live in the USA on Wednesday? The best I can do it an 8 PM EDT delay on Gol TV. While that is fine, since I won't be able to watch before then in any case, what gives? This is a major final in a major competition, and no one is carrying is live - or am I missing a listing somewhere?
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concertmusic View Post
Totally unrelated to the last few posts - but I cannot seem to find the Europa League final being broadcast live in the USA on Wednesday? The best I can do it an 8 PM EDT delay on Gol TV. While that is fine, since I won't be able to watch before then in any case, what gives? This is a major final in a major competition, and no one is carrying is live - or am I missing a listing somewhere?
Check out firstrowsports.eu in case you want to watch a live feed at the time of the game.

Well it's pretty common for the US to miss major soccer games. Most channels would prefer to show the final of the American "Little League" of baseball, final of some dumb college lacrosse tournament, reruns of baseball finals of 1983, etc... Totally stupid. However, things HAVE been changing. Even FX shows live matches (European) every now and then.

Maybe they're finally giving in to the biggest sport in the world.
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Quote:
Check out firstrowsports.eu in case you want to watch a live feed at the time of the game.

Well it's pretty common for the US to miss major soccer games. Most channels would prefer to show the final of the American "Little League" of baseball, final of some dumb college lacrosse tournament, reruns of baseball finals of 1983, etc... Totally stupid. However, things HAVE been changing. Even FX shows live matches (European) every now and then.

Maybe they're finally giving in to the biggest sport in the world.
I had thought that we were starting to do better. I can watch almost all group and elimination games in both European competitions live - and now that we have the final, it is delayed. Very strange - and my main complaint is simply about what that says in how we rate the importance of that match. I have setup my DVR for Wed evening.
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
I had thought that we were starting to do better. I can watch almost all group and elimination games in both European competitions live - and now that we have the final, it is delayed. Very strange - and my main complaint is simply about what that says in how we rate the importance of that match. I have setup my DVR for Wed evening.
Cool. I'll try not to post any spoilers here.

Wednesday evening is a big night. We host Emelec at home. If you're interested in watching it, let me know and I'll get you a link. Fiel Torcida will put on an awesome spectacle!
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Quote:
Cool. I'll try not to post any spoilers here.

Wednesday evening is a big night. We host Emelec at home. If you're interested in watching it, let me know and I'll get you a link. Fiel Torcida will put on an awesome spectacle!
I won't be able to watch anything live that night - soccer practice! I appreciate the offer, however, and will be reading the match report with interest on Thu morning! Good luck to your side!
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #39 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Now I know that I may be alone on this - but let me ask in any case: Does anyone else enjoy this part of the domestic European seasons as much as I do?

By 'this part' I mean the relegation matches. Very little else brings out tight, heart-wrenching futbol like a make-or-break home-and-home series to survive and keep the pay checks flowing.

To go from a top flight to the 2nd level usually means huge budget cuts - and most teams are painfully aware of the dangers of not making it right back up in the subsequent year. See the Sheffield clubs, or Leeds United in England, or Bielefeld or Bochum in Germany, for example - all either relegated yet one level more just a couple of years after being relegated from the top flight, or in danger of doing so.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Concertmusic

No Puyol for Spain

Hopefully this won't make Nina cry - but it appears that Carlos Puyol will miss Euro 2012 for Spain due to impending knee surgery.

As a German, this makes the question mark over Spain even bigger. I have thought all along that the absence of David Villa is huge - but this is even bigger.

Can Mario Gomez and Miro Klose take advantage, assuming they even meet at some stage of this competition? Stay tuned.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
DuchessOfDork

Quote:
Hopefully this won't make Nina cry - but it appears that Carlos Puyol will miss Euro 2012 for Spain due to impending knee surgery.
Oh nooooooooo!! D:

I remember watching the last Euro game (Germany/Spain) at my buddy's house. I was the only Spain fan. We won and I WAS SO HAPPY. If Germany wins, I won't be upset. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose... but ohhhhh my Puyol! I hope he pulls through alright!!
"I'LL PUNCH OUT ALL YOUR BLOOD!!"
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessOfDork View Post
Oh nooooooooo!! D:

I remember watching the last Euro game (Germany/Spain) at my buddy's house. I was the only Spain fan. We won and I WAS SO HAPPY. If Germany wins, I won't be upset. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose... but ohhhhh my Puyol! I hope he pulls through alright!!
That was SUCH a frustrating match from my perspective - Germany had no clue on how to stop the Spain midfield from performing their magic.

But at least we played the game the way it's meant to be played, and didn't resort to outright thuggery like the Dutch during WC2010.

It will be a fun summer!
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
DuchessOfDork

Quote:
But at least we played the game the way it's meant to be played, and didn't resort to outright thuggery like the Dutch during WC2010.
"I'LL PUNCH OUT ALL YOUR BLOOD!!"
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Screw Dutch soccer...

(yes, I'm still bitter. then again, it's nothing but payback for what we did in 94 and 98)
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Taliwakker

Good to see Liverpool get some revenge on Chel$ki.
Great to see Torres play so well at Anfield again
Scared to see Roy Hodgson in charge of England for the euros.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #46 (permalink)
Concertmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliwakker View Post
Good to see Liverpool get some revenge on Chel.
Expect nothing from England, and you won't be disappointed. Having said that, at this point they aren't even on the radar to compete, so can they sneak in a surprise? Not in my book - but we'll see.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #47 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliwakker View Post
Good to see Liverpool get some revenge on Chel.
LOL my thoughts exactly.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #48 (permalink)
ApolloFC
Sax-Man

:sadface: that was such a poor display I started playing bf3 for the 2nd half and hardly paid attention.
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Quote:
:sadface: that was such a poor display I started playing bf3 for the 2nd half and hardly paid attention.
Whoah, what happened to supporting your team til the end!?
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Concertmusic, final result last night: Corinthians 3 - 0 Emelec. A much more normal score. We were cold and vicious at the same time. I was very impressed with our team's performance and focus.

Next up for us is a full Brazilian match up on Libertadores: Corinthians x Vasco da Gama. Tough game for both teams.