ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cheiron

metal booking agencies

I know a few here do it, or know those that do. Looking for names, contacts of a few booking agencies that specialize (or at least deal with) booking heavy metal/hard rock tours. I now know a few bands that have had tours cancelled due to ineffective booking, dates falling through, etc. So trying to help them out by getting them in contact with the right people.
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
OdinsCourt
Valhalla

Depends on the size of the band. If you're talking nationals/signed, there are really only 2 guys that do that in the US for the good clubs - John Finberg of First Row Talent is the big one I usually hear about most.

If you're talking in general, there are tons of agencies but I can't recommend one as I usually book through promoters and club owners and not agents...

Click the above image to order the new ODIN'S COURT album The Warmth of Mediocrity available on ProgRock Records!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinsCourt View Post
Depends on the size of the band. If you're talking nationals/signed, there are really only 2 guys that do that in the US for the good clubs - John Finberg of First Row Talent is the big one I usually hear about most.
There are two levels to what you are referring. Finberg handles the newer national acts for the most part including Kamelot, Edguy, Nightwish, etc. Tim Borror of The Agency Group handles the bigger ones such as Dimmu, In Flames, Iced Earth, etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
OdinsCourt
Valhalla

Yes, true. I was assuming it was a "smaller" band since he was trying to help them find a booking agent.

Click the above image to order the new ODIN'S COURT album The Warmth of Mediocrity available on ProgRock Records!
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cheiron

Yeah. I'm talking more of like... ones on the line of Mayhem Productions and the company Shokrok works for. (I think).
Old April 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
SeaStorm

If any of your bands are Christian, I've worked with and can recommend Bridge Street Artist Agency: http://www.bsaa.biz/rock/index.asp

SwordLord and I booked black/death metal acts Crimson Moonlight, Becoming the Archetype, and Aletheian through them.