ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

Pathfinder MetalFest Weekend - Nov 5th & 6th - Atlanta!

ok, only two more big Pathfinder Promotions shows for the metro Atlanta (and beyond) traditional metal fans to attend this year. And I've conveniently made them back-to-back shows for you. And you don't want to miss either one:

Friday Nov 5th - CIRCLE II CIRCLE returns after a two year absence from the scene to play a limited engagement show. Performing classics from their own catalog as well as some Sava-tunes, they will be given ample time on stage at the Local Concert Venue in Marietta.
Supporting this event are two young talented local bands... direct support will be Tetrarch, a melo-thrash metal outfit combining elements of old school Metallica & Iron Maiden with newer influences such as Trivium & Bullet for My Valentine.
opening the show will be the debut performance of The Shield, a prog-power metal act influenced by many years of attending the ProgPower USA events.
Doors at 8PM, show starts at 8:30PM. Tickets are only $10 adv. through Pathfinder Promotions or the support bands; $13 at the door.
Don't Miss IT!!!

<<<::>>>

Saturday Nov 6th -

Pathfinder MetalFest 2010 proudly presents the re-birth of CRIMSON GLORY!!!

... considered by many to be one of the pioneers of progpower metal, the musicians of Crimson Glory have reunited after several years on hiatus (and one special Tribute to Midnight show at ProgPower USA X). Debuting their new lead singer - Todd La Torre - at The Local Concert Venue in Marietta, GA, the elegant beast that is Crimson Glory again raises high its noble head... are you ready?

also featuring...

ARTIZAN ... an easy and entertaining listen for all melodic metal fans, yet with enough twists to keep prog fans happy. well-crafted compositions which blend melodic hooks with developed progressive arrangements; vocals may be the highlight here, soaring with a strength uncommon in most modern metal vocals. Equally impressive is the vigorous fret work which -at times- mimics old school classic metal, yet with renewed energy and passion.
http://artizanmetal.com/

ICARUS WITCH ... "Bow to no trends," is the motto which Icarus Witch have stood fast by since materializing in 2004. Embraced by the metal press for their fortitude in sticking to their old school guns, their rock/metal hybrid flexibility has made them the support band of choice for everyone from Yngwie Malmsteen to 3 Inches of Blood to most recently Y&T. http://www.icaruswitch.com/

THEOCRACY ... the premiere Epic Christian Metal band from Athens, Ga. whose melodic style has more in common with their European contemporaries than with most of their U.S. counterparts. Characterized by huge choruses, epic arrangements and progressive elements, Theocracy’s music is both immediate and deep, managing to be instantly catchy and memorable, yet revealing new levels of intricacy and depth with each subsequent listen.
http://www.myspace.com/theocracyband

WIDOW ... formed in the winter of 2000 to express their vision of metal, this group is influenced by many of their own experiences, plus groups such as King Diamond, Crimson Glory, Warlord, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Widow explores the neo-classical side of heavy metal combined with their death metal roots to create an energetic stage show unparalleled by many in their league.
http://www.myspace.com/widow

VOID OF REASON ... back by popular demand, Void of Reason (VOR) was a stand out local act at the inaugural Pathfinder MetalFest in Oct 2009. Their songs are fresh and exciting, full of energy and life. 2010 brings new energy to the band with the addition of a second guitarist and even more dynamic songwriting.
http://www.myspace.com/vorrocks

MERZAH ... kicking off the PMF2010, this Carolina band has been compared to everyone from Between the Buried & Me to Dream Theater to Devin Townsend with their 'Aggressive Progressive' style of metal. When putting together this lineup, promoter Hoyt Parris had one band in mind to start things off - and that was MERZAH! Do not miss their set. It will leave you breathless!
http://www.myspace.com/merzah

300 general admission tickets on sale exclusively through Ticket Alternative HERE at only $20 each; ticket price $25 at the door.

Doors open at 4:30 for VIP badge holders; 5:30 for general admission; show starts at 5:45 with the opening band.

VIP badges (at $35) are almost gone. Write me for details: pmf2009 [at] rocketmail [dot] com.

Hotel and Venue information found HERE on Facebook.

Crimson Glory will be videotaping their show. Show your support for traditional metal and be a part of history in the making!

Hope to see many of you there! Gonna be a kickass weekend!

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO

Last edited by Rider of Theli : October 24th, 2010 at 03:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
ZaneF2010
KS Metalhead

You know sometimes it stinks living in Kansas, when all these great shows are elsewhere.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mavros
\m/etal

wouldn't miss it.
Old October 24th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pellaz
Tigron of Immanion

What are the door-times and show-times for the second night?
WREKage, 11:59pm Fri nights
http://www.wrekage.org 91.1 FM Atlanta -- Atlanta radio's home of metal for nearly 30 years, also streamed live and archived for a week!
WINNER: Atlanta's Best Non-Commercial Radio Show, 2012
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellaz View Post
What are the door-times and show-times for the second night?
fixed.

Doors open at 4:30 for VIP badge holders; 5:30 for general admission

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pellaz
Tigron of Immanion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider of Theli View Post
fixed.

Doors open at 4:30 for VIP badge holders; 5:30 for general admission
Danke. http://www.wrekage.org/events.php has been updated.
WREKage, 11:59pm Fri nights
http://www.wrekage.org 91.1 FM Atlanta -- Atlanta radio's home of metal for nearly 30 years, also streamed live and archived for a week!
WINNER: Atlanta's Best Non-Commercial Radio Show, 2012
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
PatrickHoyt
The Darkitecht

obviously I am going to be there, but I'll be driving up from Florida....what's everyone else's excuse?

Masters of Metal Productions
http://www.mastersofmetal.org
http://www.mastersofmetal.us

A New Generation's Metal Label
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Reverend Su

The Su will be there, both nights...

well, let me correct that: Just Plain Su will be there on Friday, as The Su is going to be appearing on Saturday...

you have been warned

PS, Ty - don't forget the shirts for me, Jen and Tracie, please
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
RagePSV

They consider themselves a progressive metal band? Interesting. I'd have put them smack dab in the power category. Eh, metal=metal for me. Anyone know about what time they'll be going on?

Old October 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mavros
\m/etal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagePSV View Post
They consider themselves a progressive metal band? Interesting. I'd have put them smack dab in the power category. Eh, metal=metal for me. Anyone know about what time they'll be going on?
Well considering that was a fan made promotional video...I don't think it expresses the direct point of view that Theocracy has about their style of music. That being said, they do have a progressive element to their music albeit not 100% prog.
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagePSV View Post
Anyone know about what time Theocracy will be going on?

4:30 - doors open for press, guests, and VIPs for meet’n’greet session.

5:30 - general admission doors

SHOW:

5:45-6:15 - Merzah (30 mins)

6:30-7:10 - VOR (40 mins)

7:25-8:05 - Widow (40 mins)

8:20-9PM - Theocracy (40 mins)

9:15-10PM - Icarus Witch (45 mins)

10:20-11PM - Artizan (40 mins)

11:30-close – Crimson Glory (75+ mins)

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

and the weekend just keeps getting better...

read the BW&BK article HERE

<<::>>

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
RagePSV

Quote:
4:30 - doors open for press, guests, and VIPs for meet’n’greet session.

5:30 - general admission doors

SHOW:

5:45-6:15 - Merzah (30 mins)

6:30-7:10 - VOR (40 mins)

7:25-8:05 - Widow (40 mins)

8:20-9PM - Theocracy (40 mins)

9:15-10PM - Icarus Witch (45 mins)

10:20-11PM - Artizan (40 mins)

11:30-close – Crimson Glory (75+ mins)
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Old October 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dolamite S. Biffle
Biffliest Person Ever

Quote:
and the weekend just keeps getting better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZLTqLMBDnU

read the BW&BK article HERE

<<::>>
Fuck this just keeps getting harder on me to read this thread. Way to go Hoyt! I hope it goes well, wish I could be there.

“Its all about escapism,” says Scott Waldrop, guitarist for Twisted Tower Dire. It’s the antithesis of bands like R.E.M. or Pearl Jam. For me, Power Metal, or traditional Metal, is like a soundtrack for slaying the singer of Creed."

"Dude, can you shut the fuck up for the next 3min and 12 seconds so I can play the next fucking song?!?" - Jon Oliva
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ketrilla

Where can I get tickets to the Circle II Circle show? The only tickets I can find are for the Saturday show.
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Formerly known as Chris F5

I'll probably be up there for Sat only....unless i get out early on fri
But yeah...was going to ask if this was still happening
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketrilla View Post
Where can I get tickets to the Circle II Circle show? The only tickets I can find are for the Saturday show.
they are only available through the supporting local bands or myself. You can send me a PM with your name and I will add you to the Will Call list at $10.

It's $13 at the door.

Thanks!

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly known as Chris F5 View Post
I'll probably be up there for Sat only....unless i get out early on fri
But yeah...was going to ask if this was still happening
Thanks Chris - it'll be great to see you there!

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
  • ARTIZAN will not be able to perform at the Pathfinder MetalFest 2010 on Nov 6th. I will allow Ty Tammeus to explain the circumstances regarding their withdrawal. Pathfinder Promotions is very disappointed that we will not be able to debut Artizan on Nov 6th. We hope to work with the band again in the very near future.

The show will go on with the remainder of the lineup intact. The new schedule is as follows:

4PM - VIP badge pickup on site
4:30PM - doors for press and VIPs/band meet'n'greet
5:30PM - general admission doors
6PM-6:45 - Merzah (45 mins)
7PM-7:45 - VOR (45 mins)
8PM-8:45 - Widow (45 mins)
9PM-9:45 - Theocracy (45 mins)
10PM-10:50 - Icarus Witch (50 mins)
11:15-close - Crimson Glory (90+ mins)

hope to see you all there.

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO

Last edited by Rider of Theli : October 30th, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Artizan

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
  • ARTIZAN will not be able to perform at the Pathfinder MetalFest 2010 on Nov 6th. I will allow Ty Tammeus to explain the circumstances regarding their withdrawal. Pathfinder Promotions is very disappointed that we will not be able to debut Artizan on Nov 6th. We hope to work with the band again in the very near future.
It is is with great regret that I must announce that Artizan will NOT be able to perform at Pathfinder Metalfest.

I am more upset about this than can be verbalized. I have been a fan of Crimson Glory for over twenty years , and was GREATLY anticipating playing before them.

The specifics of our cancellation will be posted very soon which will include some unexpected, yet very positive news.

We sincerely apologize to Pathfinder Productions and to the fans that were expecting to see Artizan perform.

We CAN assure everyone that the recording of our new album is now finalized and will be released as anticipated.

And yes, we look forward to working with Hoyt at Pathfinder Productions again. Hoyt is a tremendously committed individual who we hold the utmost respect. We truly appreciate the opportunity.

Ty Tammeus

http://artizanmetal.com
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

reminder for this Friday night.

hope to see you all there!

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO

Last edited by Rider of Theli : November 3rd, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
MysticX9

I'll have to miss Friday but I'll be there Saturday, can't wait!!!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
RagePSV

I lke C2C, but not enough to get me to do back to back nights. Just bad timing for me.

Old November 4th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Reverend Su

Quote:
reminder for this Friday night.

hope to see you all there!

Su will be there on Friday around 10ish...
so for those of you who have just texted/messaged/emailed to ask, there's your answer...

::happy dance::