ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #201 (permalink)
booB
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem777az View Post
Even Richard Christy from the Stern show.
Richard Christy was actually at PPUSA one year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #202 (permalink)
jem777az
Bozzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
Cool, I didn't know that
We have already started learning the ways of a trucker and how "they are" haha. The mens room at 7am is the most bowel enriching place ever! There were huge epic choirs of this stuff almost in sync. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonicSlumber View Post
God damn dude, if I was gay I'd demand that we run away forever.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #203 (permalink)
Fizrider
Quasi-Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
I just need 300 more people from anywhere to ensure that 2013 happens.
I bang my head against a wall on this topic. I LIVE IN ATLANTA!!! I love this music... and then I realize that all of my friends who ALSO love this music already know about PPUSA...

I guess I could start trolling Guitar Center and wait for someone to start some shredding on a Flying V, or starts some sweep arpeggios, and then strike up a conversation - Hmm... that could work until I get kicked out for being the creepy stalker dude.

I am hardly the hardest core metal fan, but ProgPower is so much freaking fun. A 2 day ticket costs the same as 2 moderately priced dinners for 2, with drinks. The local sale should be easy, especially with Georgia State, Emory, Tech, and who knows what other colleges around. I'm still pushing, though.

Sincerely

-Stymied in Suwanee
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #204 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizrider View Post
I LIVE IN ATLANTA!!! I love this music... and then I realize that all of my friends who ALSO love this music already know about PPUSA...
Are they going though?
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #205 (permalink)
jem777az
Bozzman

Quote:
Are they going though?
Any idea when the next ticket update will be? I'm curious to see how much of a dent your post made with regard to the remaining 300 or so tickets.
We have already started learning the ways of a trucker and how "they are" haha. The mens room at 7am is the most bowel enriching place ever! There were huge epic choirs of this stuff almost in sync. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonicSlumber View Post
God damn dude, if I was gay I'd demand that we run away forever.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #206 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem777az View Post
Any idea when the next ticket update will be? I'm curious to see how much of a dent your post made with regard to the remaining 300 or so tickets.
I'm not going to do a public update till August as we head into the final stretch. I have an advertising campaign starting in June that I hope makes a difference. I'm doing all I can within my power/budget instead of just throwing in the towel early.

I don't think repeating the message is going to make a difference as it didn't this time but to only a handful of people.
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #207 (permalink)
Riceloft

Lets see, these are my typical PP costs. I travel with my step dad, so these costs are split in 2:

Tickets: $300
Gas (10+hr drive from Ohio): $150
Hotel: This year, probably < $250 at Super 8 Thurs->Sun. I stayed at Artmore last year and that was considerably more, but still worthwhile.
Food/day: $60, so $240 for 4 days.

So about $940 this year, divided by 2. $470 apiece is worth it for the PP experience, IMO.

This doesn't include any merch (and I will buy merch), but you don't HAVE to buy merch to enjoy yourself.

If you eat at Subway and have free continental breakfast each day you can cut your food bill in half.

If you are looking for a band that sounds just like your favorite band, just forget about us. If you are looking for a band that will make you forget about your favorite band, we are here, just walk down Remedy Lane a few times and you will never be the same again..

-Daniel Gildenlow, Pain of Salvation
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #208 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

I have banned Despiser and deleted all subsequent posts on the matter. I have worked my ass off for a decade to put on the best show I could in this country. I'm in survival mode now and simply don't have time to put up those trolling the festival. I'm truly sorry he was butt-hurt by Dream Evil's own screw-up, but don't take it out on me. I'm truly sorry that Forbidden evidently shit in his bowl of Wheaties when he was growing up and he never got over it. I'm also sorry that I didn't put the show on in his backyard so he could have chocolate dipped strawberries served on a platter with champagne while having scantily clad females fan him with a feather during the show.

Take your $20 and stay local with your hometown metal shows. No problem. I wish you the best.

Just don't come into my own forum acting like a dick and expect me to treat you like anything but the troll you are trying to be.

Last edited by Harvester : May 17th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #209 (permalink)
templeofmax

Quote:
I have banned Despiser and deleted all subsequent posts on the matter. I have worked my ass off for a decade to put on the best show I could in this country. I'm in survival mode now and simply don't have time to put up those trolling the festival. I'm truly sorry he was butt-hurt by Dream Evil's own screw-up, but don't take it out on me. I'm truly sorry that Forbidden evidently shit in his bowl of Wheaties when he was growing up and he never got over it. I'm also sorry that I didn't put the show on in his backyard so he could have chocolate dipped strawberries served on a platter with champagne while having scantily clad females fan him with a feather during the show.

Take your $20 and stay local with your hometown metal shows. No problem. I wish you the best.

Just don't come into my own forum acting like a dick and expect me to treat you like anything but the troll you are trying to be.
LOL!!!! Well said!!! I wouldn´t mind the champagne part, but I think my GF would kill me about the women part!!!!

to trollers!!!!!
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #210 (permalink)
DADRocks

I'm glad to aholes banned. It's ok to be disappointed when a band cancels, but to crap on a festival for it is BS. It's bound to happen when you have this many bands booked so far in advance.
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #211 (permalink)
mattbrood
PPUSA Facebook *****

Quote:

Proud Co-sponsor of Epica for ProgPower XIII

Proud Co-Sponsor of Sanctuary for ProgPower XII

Co-Admin for Official ProgPower USA Facebook page

Editor for Lady Obscure Music Magazine
Old May 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #212 (permalink)
Mavros
\m/etal

Long live PPUSA
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #213 (permalink)
Fizrider
Quasi-Old Fart

Quote:
Are they going though?
Yup. Most of my metal-oriented friends in Atlanta I MET through ProgPower. If they are not sponsors, they are GB holders.
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #214 (permalink)
Fizrider
Quasi-Old Fart

Quote:
I'm also sorry that I didn't put the show on in his backyard so he could have chocolate dipped strawberries served on a platter with champagne while having scantily clad females fan him with a feather during the show.
Glenn, when you decide to do this - I nominate MY backyard. The BBQ pit will be finished in a month or so, and I'll slow cook the animal of your choice, over the wood of your choice.

You even get to pick the bands (since you seem to pretty good at it). Heck, you can pick the scantily clad females, too.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #215 (permalink)
Rider of Theli
The Hellequin

Quote:
Yup. Most of my metal-oriented friends in Atlanta I MET through ProgPower. If they are not sponsors, they are GB holders.
<--- or crew. *nudge*

TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL
FRIDAYS ONLY ON

SONIC ASYLUM RADIO
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #216 (permalink)
Anomander Rake

Quote:

I'm just glad Glenn is taking his wrath out on someone besides me. I have an opinion on this thread but I'll just practice my duck and cover as if I said it.
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #217 (permalink)
Reverend Su

Quote:
I bang my head against a wall on this topic. I LIVE IN ATLANTA!!! I love this music... and then I realize that all of my friends who ALSO love this music already know about PPUSA...

I guess I could start trolling Guitar Center and wait for someone to start some shredding on a Flying V, or starts some sweep arpeggios, and then strike up a conversation - Hmm... that could work until I get kicked out for being the creepy stalker dude.

I am hardly the hardest core metal fan, but ProgPower is so much freaking fun. A 2 day ticket costs the same as 2 moderately priced dinners for 2, with drinks. The local sale should be easy, especially with Georgia State, Emory, Tech, and who knows what other colleges around. I'm still pushing, though.

Sincerely

-Stymied in Suwanee
you can do what i do: print out the poster 2 to a sheet in full color and start sticking them up wherever you go. i have some business cards (might need more!) . i have done that at some rock-n-roll bars and some other well-chosen locations.
plus, i've talked up a few folks at work - and one dude i think is going to buy one or two
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #218 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomander Rake View Post
I'm just glad Glenn is taking his wrath out on someone besides me. I have an opinion on this thread but I'll just practice my duck and cover as if I said it.
Ok...I did grin at that one...
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #219 (permalink)
Bryant
Mr. Sleepy

I live in the country in Alabama. Don't know how much I can help locally. Maybe I can fool everyone and tell them that Lynyrd Skynyrd is headlining and doing their final show there. Ha ha ha.... in all seriousness, I will try to get the word out more, locally, and online. I want to see you have to walk on stage behind a walker, Glenn. I realize THAT is a fantasy, but I certainly do want to see it happen for an indefinite time. I completely understand though. I have absolutely no doubt about the love you have for this festival, the bands and the fans, but I can not fathom the amount of work that has to go into this, and it simply has to be profitable. I wish........ all of us the best of luck in ticket sales.

Bryant

Bryant
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #220 (permalink)
No Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
Maybe it is time to start calling into Sirius, and requesting our music. Hell, getting on the Stern show and mentioning the festival is bound to bring in a few new fans.

Getting Christy to say he really liked the show could also generate ticket sales...

Anyone go to Spookycon and run into this guy?

"Self-affirmations are the last resort for people who will not perform (secular or religious) acts of contrition."
--REH 2008--

(Avatar Quote)
My God carries a hammer. Your God died nailed to a cross. Any questions?
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #221 (permalink)
Formerly known as Chris F5

Tara Babcock..
Oficially going(she is bringing her best friend/personal assistant J as well)
I got chewed out by her because it took 15 minutes for her to deal with ticketbastard's captcha challange(because half the time its illegeble,I think they do that on purpose so that people can't grab multiple amounts of tix fast in a row on seperate orders)
She is going to promote this show to her friends,she says she has a few model buddies that like our music(the ones she games with)

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/656318/viewall
Don't be shy when you see her,she is cool as hell,and probably the biggest nerd in the place
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM   #222 (permalink)
Fizrider
Quasi-Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider of Theli View Post
<--- or crew. *nudge*
Point taken, and yes, you are right.
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #223 (permalink)
Bamafan

It's probably a waste of my time, but I just posted a comment on That Metal Show comment board. Even if PP never gets a mention, maybe some people who read his board will wonder "what is this ProgPower thing?"

Proud co-sponsor of Haken, Kingcrow, Myrath and Voodoo Circle
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #224 (permalink)
LunaTEKKE
Madness Reigns

Just posted info on the single day ticket sales over on the TSO Yahoo! d-Group. I will also be bringing some cards to the Geoff Tate solo show at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix this Saturday.

Unfortunately, there is a whole segment of fans out there who love metal, but don't watch much TV, don't read the metal magazines anymore, and only visit specific band sites on the Internet. That was me up until 2006, when I happened to see an Atlanta, GA stop on the Circus Maximus web site! I'm not sure how you reach that segment -- other than making sure the bands who are participating really promote the fest via their web sites and e-mail lists.

I'm still learning my way around the world of Internet marketing, but maybe you could offer something special to the band that drives the most traffic to Ticketmaster from their web site during a specific time period?

For anyone who is still on the fence this year...buy, buy, buy!
Kimberly (Proud co-sponsor of CIRCUS MAXIMUS for PPX, ILLUSION SUITE for PPXI, RED CIRCUIT for PPXII, REDEMPTION for PPXIII, SHADOW GALLERY for PPXIV, JON OLIVA'S PAIN for PPXV, and ROYAL HUNT for PPXVI!)

"There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage and fine feathers are not proper for the man...when actually that is the way things are in most species.”
-- “Margaret Meade”, Hair

“Part of me is now part of you
My Legacy is how I live on...”

In memory of Mike Baker
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #225 (permalink)
gilpdawg
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan View Post
It's probably a waste of my time, but I just posted a comment on That Metal Show comment board. Even if PP never gets a mention, maybe some people who read his board will wonder "what is this ProgPower thing?"
They aren't filming again until the fall, so even if they wanted to mention it it would be too late.