ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
AngraRULES
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
Juorney and Dio are not at all the same thing or situation. Yeah so Perry and Caine wrote those hits but it wasn't Perry's namesake. And I agree it was as much Dio's solo band as Blizzard Ozz was Ozzy's solo band.
Justify it however you may point is still that it is disrespectful, but people who only see dollar signs have no idea of what respect is anyway.
Oh, Damn you and your new release, album of the year so far, The Reticent. Every single time I respond to you from now on, I shall mention that disc. Everyone better buy this album. And then buy it again.
AngraRULES is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
J. Golden
Heaven and Hell Records
 
J. Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: here
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngraRULES View Post
Oh, Damn you and your new release, album of the year so far, The Reticent. Every single time I respond to you from now on, I shall mention that disc. Everyone better buy this album. And then buy it again.
We certainly do appreciate it. Seriously if I had nothing to do with it I still would think it was a great album; also think people would also check it out.
I was thinking today about my favorite albums of the year so far and I asked myself if it would be arrogant or whatever to list one of my own releases?
Anyway the album will be released on the 29th, and pre-orders will begin really soon.
__________________
"He only does it to be different"


J. Golden
- Mr. Doomicus -
Heaven & Hell Records
Sounds Of Purgatory Distribution
Heaven and Hell Records Facebook

J. Golden is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
TribunalRecords
Record Label(s)/Vocalist
 
TribunalRecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
Juorney and Dio are not at all the same thing or situation. Yeah so Perry and Caine wrote those hits but it wasn't Perry's namesake. And I agree it was as much Dio's solo band as Blizzard Ozz was Ozzy's solo band.
Justify it however you may point is still that it is disrespectful, but people who only see dollar signs have no idea of what respect is anyway.
How about Dio's passing bringing old chums back together to play songs they all wrote together nearly 30 years ago? How about Dio's passing has reminded them how fragile life is? Sure money is the root, but still his passing has brought them all together again be it positive or negative.
__________________
Matthew Rudzinski
TRIBUNAL RECORDS
DIVEBOMB RECORDS

TribunalRecords is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
TribunalRecords
Record Label(s)/Vocalist
 
TribunalRecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,458
Also Ozzy has never written a single song for his "solo" material. Ha ha.
__________________
Matthew Rudzinski
TRIBUNAL RECORDS
DIVEBOMB RECORDS

TribunalRecords is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
J. Golden
Heaven and Hell Records
 
J. Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: here
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribunalRecords View Post
How about Dio's passing bringing old chums back together to play songs they all wrote together nearly 30 years ago? How about Dio's passing has reminded them how fragile life is? Sure money is the root, but still his passing has brought them all together again be it positive or negative.
Well Mr. Attorney for the opposition, argue it as you may still I seriously doubt it was the magic of Dio that causes this all to happen. It is purely the marketing of Dio. Maybe you can find reason in it or agree with, hell you might even would do it but I could not. If these guys ever had intentions on doing it for Dio, the sake of the music or whatever they would have done it before the man died. But no instead Vivian was wish Dio dead and dissing the man, music, and genre that made him. But what they hey he is where he belongs with Def Leppard who are cut from the same cloth.
__________________
"He only does it to be different"


J. Golden
- Mr. Doomicus -
Heaven & Hell Records
Sounds Of Purgatory Distribution
Heaven and Hell Records Facebook

J. Golden is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Imagikafan
AKA Pooch - Mark
 
Imagikafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
Well Mr. Attorney for the opposition, argue it as you may still I seriously doubt it was the magic of Dio that causes this all to happen. It is purely the marketing of Dio. Maybe you can find reason in it or agree with, hell you might even would do it but I could not. If these guys ever had intentions on doing it for Dio, the sake of the music or whatever they would have done it before the man died. But no instead Vivian was wish Dio dead and dissing the man, music, and genre that made him. But what they hey he is where he belongs with Def Leppard who are cut from the same cloth.
Well said.

Wendy Dio stated about the controversy surrounding Ronnie's relationship with Campbell, "[Vivian] always said that he hated all the albums that he played on with Ronnie, and that was very hurtful to Ronnie. Very hurtful. Would you like someone who said something like that about your albums? He said a lot of things in the press that I don't wanna get into, because it really wasn't Ronnie's feud at all. Ronnie didn't fire him. I fired [Vivian]."
__________________
Keep Your Rap Out Of My Metal!
Imagikafan is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
TribunalRecords
Record Label(s)/Vocalist
 
TribunalRecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
Well Mr. Attorney for the opposition, argue it as you may still I seriously doubt it was the magic of Dio that causes this all to happen. It is purely the marketing of Dio. Maybe you can find reason in it or agree with, hell you might even would do it but I could not. If these guys ever had intentions on doing it for Dio, the sake of the music or whatever they would have done it before the man died. But no instead Vivian was wish Dio dead and dissing the man, music, and genre that made him. But what they hey he is where he belongs with Def Leppard who are cut from the same cloth.
I am not speaking for Vivian, but Vinnie was in Heaven & Hell with Ronnie and not sure what Jimmy Bain was up to but since he couldn't play with H&H i assume he was doing something else with his time. But he remained friends with Ronnie from what i remember reading.

Correct me if i am wrong, but H&H was going strong for several years before Ronnie's illness was announced correct? So where in that time could the original members of Dio come forward and say "hey, let's get the band back together"? not very likely, so they are doing it now like it or not. Yes, piss poor timing, but it's their music and their band now. I assume they will call it "Holy Diver" or something as "Dio" would not be right, i will admit that.
__________________
Matthew Rudzinski
TRIBUNAL RECORDS
DIVEBOMB RECORDS

TribunalRecords is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
J. Golden
Heaven and Hell Records
 
J. Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: here
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribunalRecords View Post
I am not speaking for Vivian, but Vinnie was in Heaven & Hell with Ronnie and not sure what Jimmy Bain was up to but since he couldn't play with H&H i assume he was doing something else with his time. But he remained friends with Ronnie from what i remember reading.

Correct me if i am wrong, but H&H was going strong for several years before Ronnie's illness was announced correct? So where in that time could the original members of Dio come forward and say "hey, let's get the band back together"? not very likely, so they are doing it now like it or not. Yes, piss poor timing, but it's their music and their band now. I assume they will call it "Holy Diver" or something as "Dio" would not be right, i will admit that.
Heaven and Hell? Did I miss something, and was this in my universe? H&H was Black Sabbath the best I recall. Besides why wood Tony need a second guitarist?
I seem to recall the certainly did not stay friends. But it does not matter.
Jamie's response was, "I'm sure it will be as sincere as that Midnight tribute was" But I';m thinking they might at least get a singer that know the words to the songs.
__________________
"He only does it to be different"


J. Golden
- Mr. Doomicus -
Heaven & Hell Records
Sounds Of Purgatory Distribution
Heaven and Hell Records Facebook

J. Golden is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
MetalSeamstress
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego, Calif.
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagikafan View Post
Vivian Campbell is a complete douchebag.
[FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]‎

"The real irony of that is I actually don't like hard rock music," Campbell said. "I know it's a strange thing to say, but I don't really care about my past contributions. Even now I still get these guys coming up to me going 'Duuuuuuuude!', giving me the DIO devil sign and yelling 'Holy Diver!!' and 'Rainbow In The Dark, whoo hoo!!' and it's cool that they remember it, but that music never mattered to me and still doesn't."[/font]
Agreed!
__________________
www.metalseamstress.com


From once we lived, we live again Renaissance!
MetalSeamstress is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #35 (permalink)
MetalSeamstress
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego, Calif.
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 Faces View Post
Yeah, it's not exactly a secret that he was extremely difficult to work with, and he fell out with a ton of musicians during his career (all of these guys included, if memory serves). This seems to me to be a relatively genuine tribute to the music, if not the man.

Reasons why? Cause he has been in the music biz a hell of a lot longer than
any of them young ones! hmm?
__________________
www.metalseamstress.com


From once we lived, we live again Renaissance!
MetalSeamstress is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #36 (permalink)
MetalSeamstress
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego, Calif.
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribunalRecords View Post
hahaha, i know i am confused myself often. Just ask Justin and Jeremy. I forget what i am doing all the time.

And yeah, my point is yes everyone is sick of Dio tribute bands coming out of the woodwork, but this gang of guys is basically THE ONE gang of guys who shouldn't really catch any flack for playing songs THEY wrote. that's all. sure, without Dio there it won't ever be the same, but i mean if i wrote those songs i would want to play them all the time. hahaha. and maybe Dio's passing got them all together and they are having a good time playing these songs and being together. who knows, but that line-up was amazing in 84 that's all i know.

Yeah, i saw Dio in concert on my 12th birthday (8/25/1984). "A Special At The Spectrum" was filmed that night. So Dio and i go way back.


haha.
Who said what and what? How would you bleep bleep know?
__________________
www.metalseamstress.com


From once we lived, we live again Renaissance!
MetalSeamstress is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
TribunalRecords
Record Label(s)/Vocalist
 
TribunalRecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalSeamstress View Post
Who said what and what? How would you bleep bleep know?
Not sure why you quoted my text there because i don't know what your questions even refer to? hahaha.
__________________
Matthew Rudzinski
TRIBUNAL RECORDS
DIVEBOMB RECORDS

TribunalRecords is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
TribunalRecords
Record Label(s)/Vocalist
 
TribunalRecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
Heaven and Hell? Did I miss something, and was this in my universe? H&H was Black Sabbath the best I recall. Besides why wood Tony need a second guitarist?
I seem to recall the certainly did not stay friends. But it does not matter.
Jamie's response was, "I'm sure it will be as sincere as that Midnight tribute was" But I';m thinking they might at least get a singer that know the words to the songs.
Jimmy Bain is a bassist. so it would have been Geezer, not Tony.

but my point was you said they could have done this reunion before but they all chose not to and i am saying H&H was going pretty strong with recording and touring for several years before Dio got sick. So why would have have even considered getting back with the Dio guys during that period? He wouldn't have, that was my point. so they are doing it now.
__________________
Matthew Rudzinski
TRIBUNAL RECORDS
DIVEBOMB RECORDS

TribunalRecords is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
J. Golden
Heaven and Hell Records
 
J. Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: here
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribunalRecords View Post
Jimmy Bain is a bassist. so it would have been Geezer, not Tony.
I know that. I thought you were saying something about Vivian in Heaven and Hell that is why I said what I said.
__________________
"He only does it to be different"


J. Golden
- Mr. Doomicus -
Heaven & Hell Records
Sounds Of Purgatory Distribution
Heaven and Hell Records Facebook

J. Golden is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
Creeps
Senior Member
 
Creeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
Posts: 2,263
Solo albums usually are projects a member does between the regular duties and commitments of their current band. It sometimes announces that a band is having problems and will soon break up or lose members.

If "DIO" was a solo project he would have still continued making Black Sabbath albums along the way... or Rainbow.

He started another band and used his name. Members change.. crap happens. Times change and Heaven & Hell became his "side project" or 2nd band. How many members juggle bands to make a living nowadays?

Same thing goes for Ozzy. He started his own band and used his name.

KISS released 4 solo albums in 1978 then got right back together to record as KISS again... then of course broke apart not much longer.

What about The Alice Cooper Band?

The "cover band" debate is always fun to argue (in a friendly manner) but if a band decides to carry on - more power to them! Name change? Possibly, but if most of the members remain, why not keep it? It's easier to promote a known name that starting from scratch again.

Then there's the Tigertailz & LA Guns situations where there's 2 touring bands using the same name.

Jack Russel's Great White vs. Great White also springs to mind.

Steve Perry was not the first singer in Journey, so I find it amusing that people argue the "cover band" issue over them. A personal friend of mine does this all the time, then looked at me blankly as I reminded him Perry wasn't the first on the mic.

After seeing his blank face I hit him with AC/DC for the win.
__________________
The CHP: Cerebral Hemorrhage Podcast
http://cerebralhemorrhagepodcast.com/
Crank it!


Creeps is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
J. Golden
Heaven and Hell Records
 
J. Golden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: here
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeps View Post
Solo albums usually are projects a member does between the regular duties and commitments of their current band. It sometimes announces that a band is having problems and will soon break up or lose members.

If "DIO" was a solo project he would have still continued making Black Sabbath albums along the way... or Rainbow.

He started another band and used his name. Members change.. crap happens. Times change and Heaven & Hell became his "side project" or 2nd band. How many members juggle bands to make a living nowadays?

Same thing goes for Ozzy. He started his own band and used his name.

KISS released 4 solo albums in 1978 then got right back together to record as KISS again... then of course broke apart not much longer.

What about The Alice Cooper Band?

The "cover band" debate is always fun to argue (in a friendly manner) but if a band decides to carry on - more power to them! Name change? Possibly, but if most of the members remain, why not keep it? It's easier to promote a known name that starting from scratch again.

Then there's the Tigertailz & LA Guns situations where there's 2 touring bands using the same name.

Jack Russel's Great White vs. Great White also springs to mind.

Steve Perry was not the first singer in Journey, so I find it amusing that people argue the "cover band" issue over them. A personal friend of mine does this all the time, then looked at me blankly as I reminded him Perry wasn't the first on the mic.

After seeing his blank face I hit him with AC/DC for the win.
The band back together is one thing, but to call themself Dio is another issue entirely. It is just WRONG! How many different ways does that need to be said? falsch, mal, sbagliato.
As for Journey; the difference was nothing from those first two albums was carried over into the Perry band or beyond. If so it was very early on. To most people besides Matt those albums don't exist it seems.
__________________
"He only does it to be different"


J. Golden
- Mr. Doomicus -
Heaven & Hell Records
Sounds Of Purgatory Distribution
Heaven and Hell Records Facebook

J. Golden is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Creeps
Senior Member
 
Creeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
The band back together is one thing, but to call themself Dio is another issue entirely. It is just WRONG! How many different ways does that need to be said? falsch, mal, sbagliato.
As for Journey; the difference was nothing from those first two albums was carried over into the Perry band or beyond. If so it was very early on. To most people besides Matt those albums don't exist it seems.
I would agree if they end up calling themselves DIO.. I doubt that would happen. Call themselves Sacred Heart or something. Regardless if anyone is a fan of the early Journey albums pre-Perry (lol, say that out loud.. it's fun) the fact remains that he wasn't the first singer and kind of negates anyone's stance that no one should have replaced Steve in the band as the "original" singer. I actually like all the Journey singers. I took my daughter to see Journey/Foreigner/Night Ranger and it was a great show all around, although Foreigner (regardless that Jones is the only original member left and actually didn't play that night because he was ill) stole the show. I would not have wanted to follow them on stage.
__________________
The CHP: Cerebral Hemorrhage Podcast
http://cerebralhemorrhagepodcast.com/
Crank it!


Creeps is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
TribunalRecords
Record Label(s)/Vocalist
 
TribunalRecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Golden View Post
The band back together is one thing, but to call themself Dio is another issue entirely. It is just WRONG! How many different ways does that need to be said? falsch, mal, sbagliato.
As for Journey; the difference was nothing from those first two albums was carried over into the Perry band or beyond. If so it was very early on. To most people besides Matt those albums don't exist it seems.
first THREE albums, and yes i am the only one on this board who bought the remastered Japanese replica mini-lps of those albums. Journey nerd i am, hardcore.

and yes they will call themselves Holy Diver or something like that i doubt (and would hope) they don't try and use the Dio moniker. would be dumb on their part.
__________________
Matthew Rudzinski
TRIBUNAL RECORDS
DIVEBOMB RECORDS

TribunalRecords is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #44 (permalink)
Exploding Ned
Senior Member
 
Exploding Ned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Southeastern U.S.
Posts: 1,052
Having seen the first two Dio album tours at Atlanta Civic Center and the Omni back in the 80s, I can attest to the fact that Campbell was hard to work with. The negative energy on stage was obvious. And now we see he never liked metal anyway. I will label this a money grab, and in poor taste and with bad timing. In fact, I'd almost call it a snub directed at Dio. I know we all have to make a living, and I don't fault someone for working to that end, but this just seems too blatantly a sell out IMO.
__________________
R.I.P. Eric 'Terminator' Parker and Dave 'The Metal Guy' Standifer

Exploding Ned is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
spag
I am a leaf on the wind
 
spag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Posts: 1,090
I'm dreading the day someone starts talking about doing an on stage projection of Dio, ala Tupac, like they're talking about now with Freddy Mercury...
spag is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
ApolloFC
Sax-Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 1,256
reading the topic now it sounds like a bad superhero movie sequel or something
__________________
One And The Many
Southern Rock

Check out our ep on our website, facebook, itunes, spotify, and other major online retailers
ApolloFC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
KingsGene
God of Thunder
 
KingsGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: near KC
Posts: 3,121
Guitarist Vivian Campbell Discusses New LAST IN LINE Project At NAMM; Plans Include US Warm-Up Shows, European Festival Dates
__________________
<-- Scott

http://www.kingsofthenight.com - the Midwest's hottest Kiss tribute!
http://www.facebook.com/archivekc - reviving the forgotten treasures from the vaults of rock!
KingsGene is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #48 (permalink)
KingsGene
God of Thunder
 
KingsGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: near KC
Posts: 3,121
DEF LEPPARD / Ex-DIO Guitarist Vivian Campbell On LAST IN LINE - "That's My Music, I'm The One Who's Entitled To Play It, And That's What I'm Going To Do"
__________________
<-- Scott

http://www.kingsofthenight.com - the Midwest's hottest Kiss tribute!
http://www.facebook.com/archivekc - reviving the forgotten treasures from the vaults of rock!
KingsGene is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #49 (permalink)
Sumeet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,034
I suppose people still get worked up about this, but personally, if a good Dio cover band played near me, I'd probably see them. If a band featuring ⅘ of the musicians from The Last In Line played near me, I'd definitely see them.
Sumeet is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #50 (permalink)
General Zod
Ruler of Australia
 
General Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeet View Post
I suppose people still get worked up about this, but personally, if a good Dio cover band played near me, I'd probably see them.
I would as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeet View Post
If a band featuring ⅘ of the musicians from The Last In Line played near me, I'd definitely see them.
And I guess for some folks it's just that simple. However, I can see where it's weird. People go to see a Dio tribute band to celebrate the music of Dio. However, if it's being performed by someone who Ronnie James despised... someone who he would never want performing such a tribute, than it becomes a tad strange.
__________________
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen F. Roberts
General Zod is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0
© Copyright 2000-2010 UltimateMetal.com | MetalAges Media