ProgPower USA  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Festivals > ProgPower USA
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

New Heaven's Cry disc

A very nice comeback from a great prog band.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
TheLongshot

Another band I thought was dead and gone. I hadn't heard the news they were headlining ProgPower Europe. Here's hoping they will play PP USA at some point.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
TychoCelchu

that was excellent
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
KingsGene
God of Thunder

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/188950 :

Canadian progressive metallers HEAVEN'S CRY will release their Prosthetic Records debut, Wheels Of Impermanence, on September 25th in North America, October 1st in the UK and October 5th in mainland Europe. The latter release date coincides with their headlining performance at the esteemed ProgPower Europe festival in the Netherlands.

Wheels Of Impermanence is the third studio album from Heaven's Cry - who were originally formed in the early '90s - and will mark the first new music since the band took a seven-year hiatus in 2004. Their previous album, Primal Power Addiction, was released in 2002 by Dutch label DVS Records.

The band consists of Pierre St-Jean on vocals/guitar, Sylvain Auclair on vocals/bass, Eric Jarrin (ex-DESPISED ICON) on guitars, and René Lacharité on drums.

More on Heaven's Cry at this location.

http://www.kingsofthenight.com - the Midwest's hottest Kiss tribute!
http://www.facebook.com/archivekc - reviving the forgotten treasures from the vaults of rock!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavens_Cry

Hi Everyone! Thanks for helping to spread the word. We're very excited to play ProgPower Europe, but we hear great things about ProgPower USA, so hopefully we'll get the chance to play for all of
you in Atlanta one day. Even though our new album won't come out until Sept. 25, our label tells us they've arranged for it to be sold early at this year's ProgPower USA, exclusively at the CM Distro booth. We hope some of you might be inspired to pick it up while you're in Atlanta. We'll be releasing more new music in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned. Thanks for listening and supporting us!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
DigitalMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavens_Cry View Post
Even though our new album won't come out until Sept. 25, our label tells us they've arranged for it to be sold early at this year's ProgPower USA, exclusively at the CM Distro booth. We hope some of you might be inspired to pick it up while you're in Atlanta. We'll be releasing more new music in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned. Thanks for listening and supporting us!
Woohoo! I was hoping something like this would happen. I'll be heading straight to the CM booth first thing to pick this up.

Guy
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bear
Got Shred??

Quote:
Hi Everyone! Thanks for helping to spread the word. We're very excited to play ProgPower Europe, but we hear great things about ProgPower USA, so hopefully we'll get the chance to play for all of
you in Atlanta one day. Even though our new album won't come out until Sept. 25, our label tells us they've arranged for it to be sold early at this year's ProgPower USA, exclusively at the CM Distro booth. We hope some of you might be inspired to pick it up while you're in Atlanta. We'll be releasing more new music in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned. Thanks for listening and supporting us!

I know I will be picking it up at PPUSA!! I am very looking forward to the new music, long time fan here!!!

Bear
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Heavens_Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
I know I will be picking it up at PPUSA!! I am very looking forward to the new music, long time fan here!!!

Bear
That's awesome!!! Thank you so much for sticking with us after all those years!
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
lane_miller
Space Ghost

Another one will be sold at PP XIII!

Proud Sponsor of Darkwater PP USA XII
Proud Co-Sponsor of Symphony X PP USA XIII
Proud Co-Sponsor of Shadow Gallery PP USA XIV
Proud Co-Sponsor of Jon Oliva's Pain PP USA XV
Proud Co-Sponsor of Riverside PP USA XVI
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Harvester
The Promoter

New disc was officially released today.
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
compurocker
rocking out

Closest thing we had to an "Insider Sale" this year, and I screwed the pooch and missed it! At least it's out now.
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Braxil

Anyone else think these guys were booked the second they posted in this thread? Picked this up at PP, hope to get around to listening to it soon, great band.
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavens_Cry

Our new album is out!!!!

If you're curious and didn't get the chance to hear our music, get it here:

CD: http://www.indiemerch.com/prostheticrecords/item/16010

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/whe...ce/id552056431

Looking forward to play for you all next year!!!!
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
TheLongshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurocker View Post
Closest thing we had to an "Insider Sale" this year, and I screwed the pooch and missed it! At least it's out now.
I'm pretty amazed how many people did. Despite the prominant position at the CM table, I kept mentioning it and people hadn't seen it. And yes, it was one of the few bands for next year that had plenty of CDs.
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
SkiBumMSP

I've already listened to my copy (may have to put it in again). It is really good. Would love to get a copy of their earlier material as well.

Proud co-sponsor - Stratovarius - ProgPowerUSA XV
Proud co-sponsor - Xandria - ProgPowerUSA XIV
Proud co-sponsor - Lanfear - ProgPowerUSA XIII
Proud co-sponsor - Eldritch - ProgPowerUSA XII
Proud co-sponsor - DGM - ProgPowerUSA XI
Proud co-sponsor - Sabaton - ProgPowerUSA X

Play it HARD! Play it LOUD! Keep it METAL!

Metal and Klipsch - match made in heaven!
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
the rhythm

I got this yesterday and don't know how I feel about it. I will definitely give it a few more listens before forming an opinion.
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
AMBR
Goddess of Chaos

Quote:
you in Atlanta one day.
Even though our new album won't come out until Sept. 25, our label tells us they've arranged for it to be sold early at this year's ProgPower USA, exclusively at the CM Distro booth. We hope some of you might be inspired to pick it up while you're in Atlanta. We'll be releasing more new music in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned. Thanks for listening and supporting us!
And so you will!! So stoked! Just getting the new disc now. Can't wait - and can't wait to hear you live!

http://www.beyondearcandy.com
Past sponsors of Stratovarius, Kamelot, Angra, Epica, After Forever, Amorphis, Rob Rock, Crimson Glory, Brainstorm, Nocturnal Rites, Tarot and Mob Rules, Amaranth, Heaven's Cry

Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
the rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rhythm View Post
I got this yesterday and don't know how I feel about it. I will definitely give it a few more listens before forming an opinion.
I've listened to this disc twice since my initial post and it is growing on me. After a few more spins, this thing could be a monster.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
DADRocks

I just recieved my cd from www.lasercd.com (like in 2 days), I can't wait to throw it in.