Prototype  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Prototype
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

I've sent version 2 of "Sea of Tranquility" to Ultimate Guitar Tabs, in Guitar Pro format and as a text file. If Vince or Kragen could look em over for accuracy I'd be very grateful! The Guitar Pro version sports 4 guitars just for a fuller tone in the app
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain_Thornn View Post
I've sent version 2 of "Sea of Tranquility" to Ultimate Guitar Tabs, in Guitar Pro format and as a text file. If Vince or Kragen could look em over for accuracy I'd be very grateful! The Guitar Pro version sports 4 guitars just for a fuller tone in the app
I had email from UGT saying my tabs were accepted, here it is more than 12 hours later and they're still not up.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

I've been messing around on the guitar lately, and I think I'm pretty close to getting Trinity and Mind in Motion tabbed out.

It'll probably be a while until I figure them out completly, but you can most likely expect them to be up within the month. These tabs are already shaping up to be much more accurate than my Synthespian tab.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

^^ Well that post was a big lie. I've made some progress with those two songs along with a few others (Shine, By Breeze, Dead of Jericho, Relativity, Cold is this God) but so far the only song I've been able to finish is Devotion.

It's up on UG now. I've finished everything except the solo (way too fast for me to get by ear). I'd much appreciate it if Kragen and/or Vince could look it over and provide feedback.

THX!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I have been swamped for the last couple of months.

Unholy, your tab for Devotion looks really good. Keep it up dude!

Cheers,

Kragen
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Snakepit
Thom Erak

Hi , Im back again ....so much time ago since I tabbed some prototype stuff, it's time to do it again Trinity is the next, I just need some help with the clean/dist chords at the breakdown riff along the solo
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #32 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
Hi , Im back again ....so much time ago since I tabbed some prototype stuff, it's time to do it again Trinity is the next, I just need some help with the clean/dist chords at the breakdown riff along the solo
Cool. I've been working on Trinity a little too, but it's not very far along. I don't have that part you mentioned down either, but if I can be of any help, let me know.

I am currently working on Shine, and almost have it finished. I just need the second half of the solo (probably won't get it though, too fast) and the acoustic chords underneath it. Will post it up sometime soon!
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Snakepit
Thom Erak

Trinity tab finally finished :S man! I spend a lot of time on this !!!! Obvously it isn't perfect but id do my best (really) lol!
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Darkmatter
Vox/Gtr

Awesome!! Post what you've got when you can and we'll check it out...
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

I'll be posting up Shine this coming week probably. I've even got most of the solo down this time (and when I say that, I mean most of the notes sound pretty spot on to the recording when played slow; no way I can play that fast).

Just need to figure out the final few bars of that and I think I'll be done!
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Snakepit
Thom Erak

Well here is the tab link http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/p/proto...nity-tab.shtml

I think the riff A should start with 222 not 244
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

Okay, I submitted my tab for Shine to UG on last Wendsday. It is now Monday. What the hell is taking so damn long?
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #38 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

Alright, the Shine tab has been posted.

Any and all corrections/critiquing would be welcomed, from either the band members themselves or other forumers.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/p/pr.../shine_tab.htm
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Dude, that is pretty close on most spots. There are some very weird parts in this song so cheers for taking on the transcription!
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

THX Kragen. That's really great to hear it from you.

And yeah, some parts were really difficult to figure out (ie. the post-chorus 1). Plus, I just couldn't grasp what the clean chords being strummed under the bridge and first half of the solo were because it's too hidden in the mix to clearly hear.

After this, I think my next tab will probably be something easier like Cold is this God or With Vision.
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

Alright, just today I finished up and submitted my tab for Cold is This God. Figured I'd try something a little easier after Shine.

This time around I used the program Transcribe to slow the solo down so I could pick out most of the notes in the really fast part. I think it worked out well. It should be up in the next couple days, but then again, it took the people at UG a week to get Shine up there.
Old July 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
UnholyCrusada

Apparently my Cold is this God tab was rejected.

I think it has something to do with the fact I stated in the tab that I used Transcribe to slow down the solo, and that by rule all UG tabs must be ear-transcribed (which technically it still is!) or some bullshit. Still, you look up most of the good tabs and you can tell straight away someone used a program to make them! What gives?

Ah well, I'm gonna start work on With Vision now.
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #43 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear that they rejected your tab. It's their loss!

Cheers!

Kragen