Prototype  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Prototype
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Live A Lie Guitar Transcription (TAB)

Well, I finally had some time to finish the Live A Lie guitar transcription that I started a while back. The file can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.prototypeonline.com/trans...e_LiveALie.ptb

In order to view the transcription, you'll need to download the free Power Tab program from the following link:

www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

I can guarantee that the transcription is complete and 100% correct. Both rhythm guitar parts and the guitar solo have been transcribed in standard notation and tablature.

If anyone records themselves (audio or video) playing the song, please post a link. Have fun playing!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Fan fucking tastic! Too bad my meager guitar skills aren't quite up to this level of musicianship...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ozzmancometh70
Guitar

Awesome tab!!! That 11/16 bar is sick!! I tried working on a tab to "Trinity". I started tabbing it in Drop C but im starting to think that it's actually in D Standard tuning. Some of the things i couldn't exactly work out were some of the chords after the first main riff. I also can't wait to get a tab for "Mind in Motion". Been waiting since I got my first guitar in 2001! YOU GUYS RULE!!!
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Ozzman, thanks very much for the compliments! The whole Trinity album is definitely in standard D tuning (all string are dropped down a whole step) like the Live A Lie TAB. When I have some free time, I'll try to TAB out Trinity or Mind In Motion. I want to TAB out The Way It Ends at some point too.

Gary, you can do it dude. I've heard some of your stuff and you've got the skills! I know you put in a request for Dead of Jericho a while back and I haven't forgotten!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by protokragen View Post
Gary, you can do it dude. I've heard some of your stuff and you've got the skills! I know you put in a request for Dead of Jericho a while back and I haven't forgotten!
I took a stab at DoJ a while back, but Vince said it wasn't particularly close. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Say, I was thinking if you did "Utopia" and/or "I Know You" next it would go a little easier being that they're shorter and not as intricate..?
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain_Thornn View Post
Say, I was thinking if you did "Utopia" and/or "I Know You" next it would go a little easier being that they're shorter and not as intricate..?
That's true to a certain extent, but there's some stuff in Utopia that doesn't sound hard but the fingering is a bitch. I'll see what I can do though.
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Just for fun I started on Utopia, I see what you mean about the fingerings being a bitch, that is, if I'm relatively accurate...
Old August 18th, 2007, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Quote:
Just for fun I started on Utopia, I see what you mean about the fingerings being a bitch, that is, if I'm relatively accurate...
Make sure you post or send it to me when you're done. I'd love to check it out!
Old August 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Damir

My girlfriend tabbed Sea Of Tranquility for me. Can I send it to you to see if it's any good?
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damir View Post
My girlfriend tabbed Sea Of Tranquility for me. Can I send it to you to see if it's any good?
That's awesome! I would love to check it out. You can either post a link her for me to download the file or send it to info@prototypeonline.com and it will be forwarded to me.
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Damir

Quote:
That's awesome! I would love to check it out. You can either post a link her for me to download the file or send it to info@prototypeonline.com and it will be forwarded to me.
Sent.
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Darkmatter
Vox/Gtr

I got it but I don't have Guitar Pro 5... Can you send it in Power Tab format?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Damir

I sent a pdf file because I didn't convert well into Power Tab file. Is it ok now?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Darkmatter
Vox/Gtr

Yes got it, thanks much!! Kragen's gonna review it for accuracy

Again thanks for taking the time to do that, you rock.
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Hey Damir,

I finally got a chance to check out the tab that your girlfriend did for "Sea of Tranquility" and it's pretty damn good! It's strange for me to play it in that tuning (Drop D) since we tune all of the strings down a whole step (D-G-C-F-A-D), but it's well done. Make sure you thank your girlfriend for taking the time to do that!

Kragen
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Damir

I will.
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Quote:
That's true to a certain extent, but there's some stuff in Utopia that doesn't sound hard but the fingering is a bitch. I'll see what I can do though.
The fingering IS a bitch!
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

I've had to set "Utopia" on the back burner for the time being, changed jobs, had a minor car crash (insurance wants to toal it cos the frame got bent) and trying to get my bike on the road...
Old October 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

No problem, dude. Sounds like you've got other more important things to deal with. I hope you get everything resolved soon!
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

It was good distraction from alla crap life tosses at us all ya know? I'll get meself back to it soon though...
Old December 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Ya wanna see what I got so far?http://www.kainthornn.com/prototype_utopia.ptb
Old January 3rd, 2008, 03:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
protokragen
Gtr

Dude, that is awesome so far! A few little things are different, but overall it's very good. If you want to keep working on it, I'm happy to make some tweaks to the finished version you have and we can post it for all to check out!

Kragen
Old January 4th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Kain_Thornn
Meatwad

Quote:
Dude, that is awesome so far! A few little things are different, but overall it's very good. If you want to keep working on it, I'm happy to make some tweaks to the finished version you have and we can post it for all to check out!

Kragen
Thanks! It's been a trip so far, I'll try and get it finished by the time I'm 40...oh wait that's a few weeks, eek!
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Darkmatter
Vox/Gtr

Quote:
Ya wanna see what I got so far?http://www.kainthornn.com/prototype_utopia.ptb

Finally got a chance to listen.... that's a great job so far! Aside from just a couple little notes, you're on the right track.

Thanks for doing this, you ROCK!

V