Pyramaze  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Pyramaze
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 26th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #51 (permalink)
TheAnonymous

That's pretty old news actually

I'm not too familiar with Yngwie's music, but I didn't like the bit that I did hear and I don't think different vocalists would have too big of an impact on it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
chrissie
Wicked Witch

Had my Kamelot and Firewind hours, saw them live on wednesday. And now I'm listening to Pyramaze.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #53 (permalink)
carbon
Guitarist In The Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
That's pretty old news actually

I'm not too familiar with Yngwie's music, but I didn't like the bit that I did hear and I don't think different vocalists would have too big of an impact on it.
His first two albums, in my opinion, were very good. Everything after that was shite.
Hopefully something with equal calibur to the first two will be put out.
Just hoping; and I never saw that Ripper joined with Yngwie, I dont have any metal friends IRL, buncha losers.. So I gotta rape the interweb for my news :P
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
RedCriss
Pyrawarrior

Morgana Lefay!

They once have been my favorite band. Well, until I heard Days Of Purgatory for the first time. Here's the link to a great song called "Maleficium" I just discovered on youtube. Didn't know there's a video to any of their songs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTkPS-oL4w

The whole album (also called Maleficium) is about the inquistion. It's a great record but for me The Secret Doctrine is their best release up to date. It's really worth checking out.

www.urbanbreed.com
www.urbanbreed.jimdo.com
Old April 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

I've been listening to Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain... what a freaking masterpiece!

What is this silent grave to those who never sought to find it? What is greatness to the dead?
Old April 27th, 2008, 03:37 AM   #56 (permalink)
Iced Dog
The Stormrider's Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by korruption View Post
Brainstorm - Falling Spiral Down

Fuck yes! Waiting for this CD to arrive in the mail this week.
Damn good album...did you order the jakebox edition? It's a pretty trippy package with the 3-D cover and funky foldout I disagree about the new Firewind...both albums with Apollo are great, though Allegiance is better.

Listened to Epica's The Divine Conspiracy again this week after a hiatus...still brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarwynHywel View Post
anything with a dragon/sword/elf on the cover is probably good
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
korruption
Amateur Dentist

Apollo's a hell of a singer but this is the first album I bought from theirs and I have a feeling it wasn't the right choice.

About Brainstorm; sadly no - I just got the standard boring "Shinobi Voorhees" cover version.

Anyhoo, currently listening to Nightingale - Eternal.
Old April 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #58 (permalink)
chrissie
Wicked Witch

Actually I'm listening to Masterplan, the Album from 2003, one of their best in my opinion.
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:30 AM   #59 (permalink)
Iced Dog
The Stormrider's Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by korruption View Post
"Shinobi Voorhees"
nice

Quote:
Old April 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
carbon
Guitarist In The Making

So, my buddy showed me some like hardcoreish band or whatever he described their genre as; I totally thought I was going to hate it, but it ended up being epic. So I keep watching the youtube video of it.
here ya go;
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #61 (permalink)
pyramazekeyboardist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
So, my buddy showed me some like hardcoreish band or whatever he described their genre as; I totally thought I was going to hate it, but it ended up being epic. So I keep watching the youtube video of it.
here ya go;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9KDMWJsAM
break out the air karate kicks
Old April 29th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
The Wicked One
Menacing Bunny

Quote:
here ya go;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9KDMWJsAM
good intro
everything else, hardcoreness, to me its bleh but i won't knock you for it.

Old April 30th, 2008, 02:54 AM   #63 (permalink)
carbon
Guitarist In The Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramazekeyboardist View Post
break out the air karate kicks
hehe.
I really like the music,
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #64 (permalink)
korruption
Amateur Dentist

That music video reminded me of both Mercenary and Raunchy (two more top-notch Danish bands) - looking forward to both of their new albums whenever the hell they come out. Course it's all just a time passer until the real deal comes out!

Last edited by korruption : April 30th, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #65 (permalink)
korruption
Amateur Dentist

Oh and speaking of Mercenary; I'm listening to their new song "New Desire" and holy fuck this is ass-kickery of the highest order!
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan

Listening to Communics new song, "On Ancient Ground"...holy crap it is great!

Upon my pages blood is stained, this way some honour will remain- Tyr
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM   #67 (permalink)
carbon
Guitarist In The Making

I'm listening to Carl Thomas - Summer Rain, lol.........
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #68 (permalink)
Iced Dog
The Stormrider's Pooch

For anyone who loves a good classic power/speed band, check out ReinXeed...I just heard the promo for their debut album The Light...holy smokage! It's almost a one-man band, Tommy Johansson is both an amazing guitarist and vocalist, and also does the keys. They really need a new official website though, it looks like shit and hasn't been updated since last summer Thankfully the myspace is a little better maintained...

ReinXeed myspace

Quote:
Old May 4th, 2008, 02:38 AM   #69 (permalink)
Olddoggie
Alia iacta est.

Otep - The Ascension
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #70 (permalink)
chrissie
Wicked Witch

Allen-Lande - Her Spell
Old May 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #71 (permalink)
TheAnonymous

Hmm, is the Allen-Lande thing any good? I've been wanting to check em out, I fucking love Russel Allen's voice. If so, what do you think I should start with?
Old May 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #72 (permalink)
chrissie
Wicked Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
Hmm, is the Allen-Lande thing any good? I've been wanting to check em out, I fucking love Russel Allen's voice. If so, what do you think I should start with?
I listened to the album for the 2nd time. So it's not so easy to say.
It's not too heavy, nice to hear. If you like Russel Allen's voice, maybe you like the song "Will You Follow".
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #73 (permalink)
symphonyXjapan

Versailles-Red Carpet Day

I have been listening to these guys since before they released their debut album (mini-album is more like it) late last year. This japanese band knows how to make some awesome power/neoclassical metal.

The video I have here is one I found that somebody has but the song to a video from a final fantasy game. I did this because if you see what they look like before giving them a fair listen you may be quick to judge....

Old May 5th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #74 (permalink)
carbon
Guitarist In The Making

^^^^^^^
Man, i REALLY like the Instrumental section of the band, I must admit i wish the singing was a bit more operatic.. I'm not sure if its just the language (japanese?) that isn't doing it for me, or the style.. but it desn't feel like it fits as well as it could in most parts.. but i'm DEFINITELY digging it.

I just caught this new band from metalstorm.ee , its "All Ends", they're a Gothenburg band; it's a bit of a break from the super fast super intense bands that i'm always listening to, its nice to have some music to start the wind-down from super crazy music; that is instead of going from Amon Amarth, or Yngwie straight to celtic.. Having something in the middle..
Hope you enjoy.

All Ends - Still Believe
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #75 (permalink)
symphonyXjapan

Quote:
^^^^^^^
Man, i REALLY like the Instrumental section of the band, I must admit i wish the singing was a bit more operatic.. I'm not sure if its just the language (japanese?) that isn't doing it for me, or the style.. but it desn't feel like it fits as well as it could in most parts.. but i'm DEFINITELY digging it.

I just caught this new band from metalstorm.ee , its "All Ends", they're a Gothenburg band; it's a bit of a break from the super fast super intense bands that i'm always listening to, its nice to have some music to start the wind-down from super crazy music; that is instead of going from Amon Amarth, or Yngwie straight to celtic.. Having something in the middle..
Hope you enjoy.

All Ends - Still Believe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6zH0lqkbc
Wow...that sounds a lot better than I thought it would. It kinda has a nice melodic power metal sound without the usual double bass up tempo sound. The female singer also reminds me a lot of Tom Englund's (of Evergrey) wife Carina, who is quite a powerful female vocalist as well.

About the song I posted, you said you wish the voice was a bit more operatic so I thought I would post this other song that I feel sounds moreso operatic. Oh btw, this is a music video so it can't be helped that you will see what these guys look like; therefore, I will just go ahead and say that, even if they are not homosexual, they dress up effeminately. This is because in Japan a lot of bands follow a sort of "visual shock" style in order to create a more visual experience. Basically, its just a part of the show, and I even think it creates a nice aesthetic to go along with the music.

And here is their debut single song which I think shows some outstanding guitar solos. It's also in "Engrish".