Pyramaze  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Pyramaze
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
paranoidmexican009
Dirty Mexicano

i just got the Wii and its pretty much the first video game thing ive ever played. I got the new zelda game and call of duty 3. its pretty fun.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
korruption
Amateur Dentist

The Orange Box and Call of Duty 4 are my top favourites at the moment. Also psyched as fuck for Smash Bros. Brawl! As for the lifestyle that is Halo, well... I'm not going to say much on that subject... I think the 3 games are decent at best though. If I wanted some good solid ass kicking fun though, I'd play Team Fortress 2.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
korruption
Amateur Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidmexican009 View Post
i just got the Wii and its pretty much the first video game thing ive ever played. I got the new zelda game and call of duty 3. its pretty fun.
Two words and one number for you my good sir: METROID PRIME 3!!

Now you must purchase this game, play it, and come back to report the results of the experience.
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidmexican009 View Post
And you sir, are exactly the target market for the pathetic excuse of a console. People who are casual gamers and inexperienced ones who get lured in by the "interactive" fun offered by the goofy controllers.

Although I must give it to Nintendo.

Mario Galaxy is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. If only they expended more effort on the rest of the steamer of a console's game library. The Wii has potential for innovation, but so far the damn thing is filled with games only a 90 year old woman (Wii Tennis??!!??) or a two year old (various entires into the Nickolodeon and My little Pny/Digimon franchises) would like.

Give me a break.

What is this silent grave to those who never sought to find it? What is greatness to the dead?
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Xendra
Hevari from Finland!

Okay, I'm planning on buying a Xbox360 (mostly for Mass Effect, and of course Assassin's Creed while I'm at it), but I'm somewhat confused. First of all, how important are the hard drives that are part of the Elite and Premium models? Second of all, how much does the quality suffer if you only have an older TV (and by older I mean not LCD or plasma)? Third, would there be any sense in using the computer screen instead of a TV? =D
Old December 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
korruption
Amateur Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xendra View Post
Okay, I'm planning on buying a Xbox360 (mostly for Mass Effect, and of course Assassin's Creed while I'm at it), but I'm somewhat confused. First of all, how important are the hard drives that are part of the Elite and Premium models? Second of all, how much does the quality suffer if you only have an older TV (and by older I mean not LCD or plasma)? Third, would there be any sense in using the computer screen instead of a TV? =D
To answer one of your questions - if you're buying Mass Effect and you don't have an HD TV, prepare to squint like hell to see most of the text in the game.

Dead Rising I could barely play cause I didn't know what the hell the NPCs were saying to me nor could I read any of the on-screen instructions.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 05:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
Xendra
Hevari from Finland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by korruption View Post
To answer one of your questions - if you're buying Mass Effect and you don't have an HD TV, prepare to squint like hell to see most of the text in the game.
Hmm, that sounds troublesome. :/ I've done some more research and I've got the image that using my PC screen would actually be a very good idea. I've got quite an old 19'' screen, well capable of running 1280x1024, so the first HD 720p should be attainable (which is supposed to be a major improvement when comparing to a normal non-HD TV). It seems the only thing is to buy a VGA-cable for the Xbox, and everything would be set. Any thoughts on this idea?
Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Solon

Quote:
Originally Posted by korruption View Post

Dead Rising I could barely play cause I didn't know what the hell the NPCs were saying to me nor could I read any of the on-screen instructions.
Thats not true i don't play hd - tv have no problems with it what so ever ;-) ,
and if your going to buy any console go for the 360 ^^, as thorns said wii has to limited a choice for good games and playstation 3 is still more expensive ( although they are dropping there prices like crazy )

Old December 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM   #34 (permalink)
Xendra
Hevari from Finland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
and if your going to buy any console go for the 360 ^^, as thorns said wii has to limited a choice for good games and playstation 3 is still more expensive ( although they are dropping there prices like crazy )
Yeah, the price of a PS3 here in Finland is equivalent to a Xbox360 Elite, which is actually quite cheap because of the Blue-Ray it has. It's just that most games I'd like to play are either on both PS3 and Xbox, or then only on Xbox (Mass Effect on only Xbox, and Assassin's Creed on both).
Old December 2nd, 2007, 05:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xendra View Post
Yeah, the price of a PS3 here in Finland is equivalent to a Xbox360 Elite, which is actually quite cheap because of the Blue-Ray it has. It's just that most games I'd like to play are either on both PS3 and Xbox, or then only on Xbox (Mass Effect on only Xbox, and Assassin's Creed on both).
The PS3's price is quite reasonable with the newer model, which is why i'll be picking one up this holiday season at some wallmart special or something.

However, there is a major cost with the price reduction, which is the removal of backwards compatability entirely. That is frankly quite lame.

But its is better than 600 bucks a pop, it is paving the way of people of lesser means to pick up the system. The sales of the PS3 beat out the sales of the mighty Wii in japan last month despite the release of mario sunshine... that has the peeps over @ Sony Japan heaving a sigh of releaf

What is this silent grave to those who never sought to find it? What is greatness to the dead?
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Jason369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns On My Grave View Post
And you sir, are exactly the target market for the pathetic excuse of a console. People who are casual gamers and inexperienced ones who get lured in by the "interactive" fun offered by the goofy controllers.

Mario Galaxy is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. If only they expended more effort on the rest of the steamer of a console's game library. The Wii has potential for innovation, but so far the damn thing is filled with games only a 90 year old woman (Wii Tennis??!!??) or a two year old (various entires into the Nickolodeon and My little Pny/Digimon franchises) would like.

Give me a break.

I agree completely. I actually bought my Wii about 2 months ago in anticipation for Mario Galaxy, and I got Zelda to tide me over until then. Those are the only 2 games I have for it right now, and while Mario Galaxy is most definitely a masterpiece I actually prefer the Gamecube version of Zelda (which I got the day it came out last year). I did enjoy the Wii version since it is mirrored from the gamecube one which was cool, but the controls feel alot better on the gamecube to me, on the Wii they just feel like they were an afterthought or something. Besides Mario and Zelda, the only other game I have any interest in at all for Wii is metroid prime 3, which I will probably be picking up soon. That being said, even though there are hardly any games that I can be bothered with for the Wii I'm still glad I bought it just from the joy that Mario Galaxy has given me .

Last edited by Jason369 : December 2nd, 2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 03:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
symphonyXjapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus Follower View Post
Rocking to Castlevania clocktower theme by Jonah

This type of stuff suites very well to metal. One good metal band should pick this stuff up some day and make a whole album of this stuff, but with vocals...that would kick some serious ass
I have been waiting a long time for a good metal band to pay tribute to Castlevania music by doing a cover of a popular track like "Bloody Tears" or "Vampire's Kiss". In my wildest dreams I would prefer that band be Symphony X as not only I love them but I think that their style fits well to do it. I think that they would do a good job in giving it their own touch without taking away from the integrity of the original song as well. But really I would be happy with any decent metal band doing it.

Just for fun's sake here is a video I found of someone playing guitar to "Bloody Tears".

Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
Caduceus Follower

Quote:

Give me a break.
Sorry, but this is a little bit insulting to me (and also maybe paranoidmexican?)
Everyone has their own taste and that doesn't has to mean that we don't know better/ are 90 years old/ kids/ complete retards
To speak for myself...the development of consoles the past years focused too much on graphics for my taste. So I like the new, fresh approach of Nintendo.
And the sillyness of certain games is just the nintendo style...you love it or you hate it.
And if you like the ps3 or xbox games and approach maybe better, than that is your taste and that's ok with me.

Last edited by Caduceus Follower : December 3rd, 2007 at 05:58 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Sorry, but this is a little bit insulting to me (and also maybe paranoidmexican?)
Everyone has their own taste and that doesn't has to mean that we don't know better/ are 90 years old/ kids/ complete retards
To speak for myself...the development of consoles the past years focused too much on graphics for my taste. So I like the new, fresh approach of Nintendo.
And the sillyness of certain games is just the nintendo style...you love it or you hate it.
And if you like the ps3 or xbox games and approach maybe better, than that is your taste and that's ok with me.
Hah hah hah... umm.. I never said the system was only for those groups mentioned. Simply that the target market was aimed towards the following: Young kids, casual gamers (the group I feel most Wii players thus far belong to, and the market Nintendo is aiming at the most) and older gamers. It has a more accessible series of games with very little development time, so they can churn games out like there is no tomorrow. The statement was in no way shape or form a criticism on those who play the system.

Naturally everyone has their own tastes. Hence, I am stating my opinion of the system, not yours, nor am I condemning anyone for liking it. However, to me it is a console with a different purpose, not for the diehard or mature gamer. Of course it will release games that do not apply to this mold, but overall the system has not only not impressed me, it is laughable.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
KupoBarlow

guys, i'll never end if i gonna post all my fucking favorites videogames, but i love so much the RPG's games, (FF's, Chrono Trigger & Chross, Dragon Quest, Legend of ..., etc.), CAPCOM, SQUARE and KONAMI series like Megaman, Resident Evil - RE2 my favorite one -, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear, and a lont etc...but, fuck, i don't have time this year to play...i loved to play GUITAR HERO....i wanna play some Pyramaze song on that hehe...could be great!

Well, that by now...KUPOOOOO!!!! (someone played FF IX, if you did, you'll understand WHY my nickname is KUPOBarlow)
Old December 3rd, 2007, 02:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupoBarlow View Post
guys, i'll never end if i gonna post all my fucking favorites videogames, but i love so much the RPG's games, (FF's, Chrono Trigger & Chross, Dragon Quest, Legend of ..., etc.), CAPCOM, SQUARE and KONAMI series like Megaman, Resident Evil - RE2 my favorite one -, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear, and a lont etc...but, fuck, i don't have time this year to play...i loved to play GUITAR HERO....i wanna play some Pyramaze song on that hehe...could be great!

Well, that by now...KUPOOOOO!!!! (someone played FF IX, if you did, you'll understand WHY my nickname is KUPOBarlow)
Moogles slay!!!

Old December 4th, 2007, 03:21 AM   #42 (permalink)
Caduceus Follower

Quote:
Hah hah hah... umm.. I never said the system was only for those groups mentioned. Simply that the target market was aimed towards the following: Young kids, casual gamers (the group I feel most Wii players thus far belong to, and the market Nintendo is aiming at the most) and older gamers. It has a more accessible series of games with very little development time, so they can churn games out like there is no tomorrow. The statement was in no way shape or form a criticism on those who play the system.

Naturally everyone has their own tastes. Hence, I am stating my opinion of the system, not yours, nor am I condemning anyone for liking it. However, to me it is a console with a different purpose, not for the diehard or mature gamer. Of course it will release games that do not apply to this mold, but overall the system has not only not impressed me, it is laughable.

Ok, I also didn't believe you intentionally tried to insult ppl ...It's true the wii hasn't been targeting hardcore gamers...but there are a lot of them still buying a wii (quite a lot of ppl I know).
That Nintendo could deliver some more games for hardcore gamers is true. But with metroid, mario galaxy, zelda (i liked the remake a lot) they have a decent line up of big games so far with a lot of promise for the future (can't wait for the new Zelda)
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Ok, I also didn't believe you intentionally tried to insult ppl ...It's true the wii hasn't been targeting hardcore gamers...but there are a lot of them still buying a wii (quite a lot of ppl I know).
That Nintendo could deliver some more games for hardcore gamers is true. But with metroid, mario galaxy, zelda (i liked the remake a lot) they have a decent line up of big games so far with a lot of promise for the future (can't wait for the new Zelda)
Sounds good, just so long as we are clear!

KupoBarlow... you have excellent taste in games, those are all utter classics. I've been an RPGamer for over 15 years now. It's been a fun road too. If you've ever heard of the Suikoden series, I have three tattoos from that one, and one from Final Fantasy VII. I'll post pics one of these days... my next one is a dope ass rendition of the Zelda triforce... im getting it on my calf.

Old December 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
KupoBarlow

Quote:
Moogles slay!!!
hahaha, you knew bro!!
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupoBarlow View Post
hahaha, you knew bro!!
Hah hah... of course, i've been playing Final Fantasy since III came out... and s im sure you know they are working on XIII at the moment hah hah...

Old December 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
Jason369

So I just picked up Metroid Prime 3 for my Wii, and I've gotta say it kicks some serious ass! As far as shooters on consoles go this game pretty much has the best controls EVER (At least it does after you switch the controls to the "advanced" setting...). At first I honestly wasn't too impressed, but after an hour or so I just couldn't put the controller down. I only stopped playing because I was falling asleep in front of the TV! I have a feeling I won't be getting very much sleep tonight either...
Old December 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason369 View Post
So I just picked up Metroid Prime 3 for my Wii, and I've gotta say it kicks some serious ass! As far as shooters on consoles go this game pretty much has the best controls EVER (At least it does after you switch the controls to the "advanced" setting...). At first I honestly wasn't too impressed, but after an hour or so I just couldn't put the controller down. I only stopped playing because I was falling asleep in front of the TV! I have a feeling I won't be getting very much sleep tonight either...
Hah hah... I get that sometimes with certain games, you just play endlessly and then end up dosing in and out until you realize maybe it's time to sleep.

That can be fun. I got my PSP the other day and this is my library so far:

Dexter
Legend of Heroes II
Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition
Dragoneer's Aria
Jean D'Arc

I've beaten FF, am playing LOHII and VP, and just got the other two...

The system is WELL worth is so far

Old December 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #48 (permalink)
KupoBarlow

hi guys...someone plays Megaman series? oh god, when i was a child, that blru man was my hero all time, and i played all the games, ...and well, i have a quesion...which is you favorite/s in Megaman series? My favorites are Megaman 6 7, X, X3 and X4 (playing with Zero make me cry...)....but i liked so much all the games, haha, Megaman Soccer rocks! well guys
Old December 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Thorns On My Grave
I Am Vengeance

I am a big fan of the Megaman Battle Network series, but as far as old school goes... Megaman 4-7 are the sickest

Old December 6th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
KupoBarlow

Hehe, i make an AMV tributing to Megaman, hehe, with annihilator's song Weapon X...cool IMO:

and well, another AMV of my own here:

(Chrono Cross - Dragon's Child)

enjoy guys!