Quo Vadis  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Quo Vadis
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
limaj_daas

Quo Vadis on Wikipedia

Hey guys, I discovered this band about 6 months ago and was absolutely blown away by them so I naturally went to wikipedia to look up info on them and my God the article was horrible. So basically I spent all last night scouring the internet looking for info on Quo Vadis and I managed to write a decent history of the band up until the Defiant Indoctrination album, I'm still working on that part. Anyways, I was wondering if some of you guys here who know the band way better than me could read over it and tell me if I have something wrong?

Link
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaj_daas View Post
Hey guys, I discovered this band about 6 months ago and was absolutely blown away by them so I naturally went to wikipedia to look up info on them and my God the article was horrible. So basically I spent all last night scouring the internet looking for info on Quo Vadis and I managed to write a decent history of the band up until the Defiant Indoctrination album, I'm still working on that part. Anyways, I was wondering if some of you guys here who know the band way better than me could read over it and tell me if I have something wrong?

Link
hey I checked it and it sounds objective. very nice! thanks for taking the time to research and put it together in a logical way. I could write a book about each paragraph... maybe I will
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
limaj_daas

A Quo Vadis bio... that would utterly own, though I wonder how many publishers would be interested in that, seeing as techmelodeth isn't, lightly put, the kind of stuff that would sell millions you know :P. Though if it is possible...
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
QV

I always did things independently so it didn't even occur to me to have it published by someone else.

One thing I would add to the wikipedia is that for the September 2008 show my right knee (old torn ligaments from a sports injury) was already injured before I even walked on the stage. The right knee injury came back and was all bandaged up for the show - that`s why my weight was on the left leg most of the time. Then my left knee ligaments tore during the show = both legs completely F.U.B.R.
Little background: the reason was I was setting up the whole show basically by myself from LA where I was working on a project for 3 weeks before the show. I only came back to Montreal a few days before. there is a 3 hour time difference between west and east coast and the fact that I was always working late on the west coast meant that by the time I was done there it was already 9-10 pm in Montreal so it was almost impossible to get anything done so the only option for me was to get up at 5 am get stuff ready on the eastcoast before heading out the door in LA. I did that for about 3 weeks + my hotel sucked ass so the first few nights I did not sleep more then an hour and the rest of the 3 weeks something like 3-4 hours a night. Those who know me, know that I often pull this off for months at a time but this was for the first time from a hotel 3 thousand miles away as opposed to from home so I got to Montreal completely exhausted.

the other thing, when I say stephane wanted to stop the show it was steph mellul from BCI not steph pare. I think ateph pare left right after the show (didn`t see him afterwords).
cheers!
-b

Last edited by QV : November 23rd, 2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
iptrace
QV Bassist

Hey man, welcome to the forum, that's some awesome work you did there!