RC  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > RC
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (9) Thread Tools
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #12401 (permalink)
Climb Thar Hill
not family oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeceiver View Post
Seriously, napping is the greatest thing ever.
+1

Workin' this shart schedule I've come to appreciate the power of a good nap. Be it 10 minutes or 30 minutes.

It's fuckin hot again
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #12402 (permalink)
dorian gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromatose View Post
no, it's just a couple of american dudes who WISH they were Goblin. They only way they're related is in their overbearing homages.
Yeah, that's what I said

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #12403 (permalink)
Conspicuously Absent
Linguistically Confused

sounds familiar.

The one I like, is when the exams are so hard that nobody at all passes. 100% fail rate. Is it the exam, the professor (who also wrote the exam) or the students.

hmmm...
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #12404 (permalink)
Reign in Acai
Gnats before thy gums

In other academic news...

A group of New England high-school girls made a stunning pact to get pregnant and raise their babies among the group, according to a bombshell report yesterday.

There are now 17 expectant mothers at Gloucester HS in Gloucester, Mass., a school that saw only four pregnancies last academic year.
It's unclear how many of the moms-to-be were in the compact, which came to light when girls started asking the school nurse for an unusually high number of pregnancy tests.

The tests were repeatedly taken by the same girls, who reacted unfavorably to negative results.
"Some girls seemed more upset when they weren't pregnant than when they were," Gloucester HS Principal Joseph Sullivan told Time magazine.
After the girls 'fessed up about plans to get pregnant and raise their kids as a group, officials made another stunning discovery.

"We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," Sullivan told the mag.

Time reported that none of the pregnant students is older than 16, the age of consent in Massachusetts.

The town's lead police detective is following the case but said there were no immediate plans to launch a criminal probe - unless parents or Essex County prosecutor ask for it.

"As of this moment, there is no investigation under way," Gloucester police Lt. Michael Lane told The Post.

"That's not to say one can't be done in the future, but that's yet to be seen."
The blue-collar fishing town on Cape Ann has been in lean economic times for years.
Schools superintendent Christopher Farmer speculated that the downturn prompted girls to find happiness in all the wrong places.

"Families are broken," Farmer said. "Many of our young people are growing up directionless."
None of the impregnated girls or their families could be reached for comment yesterday.
But recent Gloucester HS grad Amanda Ireland said she witnessed the roots of this pact take hold over the last few years.
Ireland, 18, gave birth as a freshman and recalled how girls said she was lucky to have a baby.
They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally," Ireland said. "I try to explain it's hard to feel loved when an infant is screaming to be fed at 3 a.m."

Nurse practitioner Kim Daly and Dr. Brian Orr saw the writing on the wall earlier this school year and advocated giving contraception without parental consent.

But parents and leaders of the staunchly Catholic town balked, prompting Daly and Orr to quit their posts at the Gloucester HS health clinic.
"Dr. Orr and Ms. Daly have no right to decide this for our children," Mayor Carolyn Kirk said.

A star has risen on northern skies
And on that star we'll be crucified

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #12405 (permalink)
Reign in Acai
Gnats before thy gums

In other academic news...

A group of New England high-school girls made a stunning pact to get pregnant and raise their babies among the group, according to a bombshell report yesterday.

There are now 17 expectant mothers at Gloucester HS in Gloucester, Mass., a school that saw only four pregnancies last academic year.
It's unclear how many of the moms-to-be were in the compact, which came to light when girls started asking the school nurse for an unusually high number of pregnancy tests.

The tests were repeatedly taken by the same girls, who reacted unfavorably to negative results.
"Some girls seemed more upset when they weren't pregnant than when they were," Gloucester HS Principal Joseph Sullivan told Time magazine.
After the girls 'fessed up about plans to get pregnant and raise their kids as a group, officials made another stunning discovery.

"We found out one of the fathers is a 24-year-old homeless guy," Sullivan told the mag.

Time reported that none of the pregnant students is older than 16, the age of consent in Massachusetts.

The town's lead police detective is following the case but said there were no immediate plans to launch a criminal probe - unless parents or Essex County prosecutor ask for it.

"As of this moment, there is no investigation under way," Gloucester police Lt. Michael Lane told The Post.

"That's not to say one can't be done in the future, but that's yet to be seen."
The blue-collar fishing town on Cape Ann has been in lean economic times for years.
Schools superintendent Christopher Farmer speculated that the downturn prompted girls to find happiness in all the wrong places.

"Families are broken," Farmer said. "Many of our young people are growing up directionless."
None of the impregnated girls or their families could be reached for comment yesterday.
But recent Gloucester HS grad Amanda Ireland said she witnessed the roots of this pact take hold over the last few years.
Ireland, 18, gave birth as a freshman and recalled how girls said she was lucky to have a baby.
They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally," Ireland said. "I try to explain it's hard to feel loved when an infant is screaming to be fed at 3 a.m."

Nurse practitioner Kim Daly and Dr. Brian Orr saw the writing on the wall earlier this school year and advocated giving contraception without parental consent.

(Nick you'll love this last part)

But parents and leaders of the staunchly Catholic town balked, prompting Daly and Orr to quit their posts at the Gloucester HS health clinic.
"Dr. Orr and Ms. Daly have no right to decide this for our children," Mayor Carolyn Kirk said.

A star has risen on northern skies
And on that star we'll be crucified

Old June 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #12406 (permalink)
dorian gray

hahaha stupid Catholics
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #12407 (permalink)
Mormagil
bring back the corvee

Quote:
Give this man the ten thousand dollars!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM   #12408 (permalink)
E-bortion
Omae wa mo shindeiru

LOS ANGELES - George Carlin, the acerbic, Grammy-winning comedian whose career spanned more than 50 years, died of heart failure Sunday after being admitted to the hospital complaining of chest pains, a hospital spokesman said. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica shortly before 6 p.m., said his publicist Jeff Abraham.

The comedian, who toured college campuses for years and made a name for himself using dirty language and delivering biting social commentaries, had released 22 solo albums and three bestselling books.

He finished a show at The Orleans in Las Vegas last week and was planning to take the month off to relax and work on a new book of essays and musings, Abraham said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,2760767.story

Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:47 PM   #12409 (permalink)
E-bortion
Omae wa mo shindeiru

Weird fact: the screams and noises of "The Infected" in I am Legend were all done by Mike Patton! Thought I'd share :P

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:34 AM   #12410 (permalink)
Tranquillian
Svartmetallist

Fuck yeah.

At The Gates - Debaser Medis Stockholm - 2008/09/06

This'll probably be the best gig I'll ever see.
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #12411 (permalink)
Demilich

Our At the Gates gig in Toronto is July 13th and my ticket has been purchased for a couple months!
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #12412 (permalink)
swizzlenuts
Smoke Pipe

I think Denis Cornelius is becoming one of my favourite guitarists and vocalists...
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #12413 (permalink)
Hell Mike
fuck melodic black metal

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article2749396.ab

löl

I'm just a rock'n'roll nigger
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #12414 (permalink)
EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY
I hate weiner dogs.

I want to see At the Gates so bad it hurts....Fucking Oklahoma...yes I moved there.
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #12415 (permalink)
dorian gray

You go from one crappy state to an even crappier one?
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #12416 (permalink)
Crimson Velvet
Sønn av Syperi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Mike View Post
Stakars jævel...
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #12417 (permalink)
Hell Mike
fuck melodic black metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Velvet View Post
Stakars jævel...
Uppför du dig inte ringer jag din chef och lämnar ett anonymt tips...

I'm just a rock'n'roll nigger
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #12418 (permalink)
Crimson Velvet
Sønn av Syperi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Mike View Post
Uppför du dig inte ringer jag din chef och lämnar ett anonymt tips...
Jeg er allerede i masse problemer at jeg omtalte Keiser Nero som 'misforstått'.
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #12419 (permalink)
Mormagil
bring back the corvee

Bork bork bork
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #12420 (permalink)
Thanatopsis123
白鬼

Sweet jesus, the job market here is shit. And fuck my useless liberal arts degree.
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #12421 (permalink)
Mormagil
bring back the corvee

I hear you can make decent money teaching English in other countries, like Japan for example.
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #12422 (permalink)
Thanatopsis123
白鬼

I went down and did some initial application crap for a job as a university cop today. Quite frankly, it's not a job I really desire, it just seems like the best I'm qualified for. However, upon getting to the second stage of application, I found out that I'd have to sign a year long contract. First of all, I promised myself to never do that again for a job I have zero experience with. Secondly, that year long contract interferes with my schedule for returning to Japan to teach with a different program.

I never want to be in sales and I never again want to be in a soul crushingly boring office job but I might have to bite the bullet and do one of these anyway. I hate being an adult.
Old June 25th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #12423 (permalink)
dorian gray

:guthrum: at the above two posts
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #12424 (permalink)
MajestikMøøse
Membrum virile

I can't wait to have some obscurist pigeonhole-subject liberal arts degree that can't get me shit for jobs, it'll be sweet.

Hell, currently I mix fire retardant and load air-tankers for a living. Meine Indogermanistik und Sprachwissenschaft hilft mich hier nicht.
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #12425 (permalink)
dorian gray

I just murdered three rather large brown recluses in a span of 15 minutes. I'm hoping that's just some statistical anomoly and that as soon as I go to sleep a horde of them doesn't attack me.