RC  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > RC
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (9) Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:54 AM   #13576 (permalink)
Thanatopsis123
白鬼

Wow, terrible fucking interview. If I get this job, it will be nothing short of a miracle. One of the interviewers looked wholly apathetic, one looked like he hated me, and the other looked at me like he wanted to hook my balls up to a car battery. I wouldn't think too much of it had the guy before me not come out all smiles saying "Oh, that wasn't bad! They're so nice!" Did he blow them under the table? Wtf?

Among my amazing answers was this doozy.

Interviewer that hates me: "So how do you think your previous job of teaching at a conversation school will be different from teaching at a public school?"
A no longer confident me: "I'm sure it'll be really different. Uhhhhhh......there will be a board of education?....uhhh.....Yeah, it'll be really different."

And Dorian, why does the tap water in Nashville taste so fucking horrid? I'm not sure if I feel so shitty because a job I've wanted for years has just slipped between my fingers or because of the water in that town.
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:51 AM   #13577 (permalink)
Krilons Resa
High Infidelity

HUR
DEH ANTZIK KOHNTARKOSZ KREUHN KOHRMAHN
STOHT WURDAH MELEKAAHM
UZ, DEH ORKBAHNN KREUHN KOHRMAHN
ZËBËHN STRAIN DE GEUSTAAH WORTSIS, DA REUS STOAH

LAH WORTZ REISFUNK DEH WEHRESTEHGEUHNZUR,
UND, DEH BUNDEHR DRAKAIDA KOMMANDOH,
WUHR DI HEUL ZORTSUNG.
UTS FUR KALAIN, HIMEUHN ZËBËHN DEH REUSTIIHN,
EWEHN DEUH LANTSIN SLAKEHNDO
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:50 PM   #13578 (permalink)
dorian gray

The water here tastes fine. I actually stopped using a filter because I like how the water tastes
today at work a U2 song came on the rock station, so i said "fuck this shit" and walked over to the radio and changed it to the classic rock station, and they were playing a newer U2 song. you win this one, radio bastards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:55 PM   #13579 (permalink)
Mormagil
bring back the corvee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign in Acai View Post
The local fm talk radio station (Adam Carolla, Tim Conway Jr., Leykis) is being switched to Top 40. How many Pop, Reggaton, and Nighop, stations does this metropolis need?!?!
I'll take Top 40 over Leykis any day of the week. Carolla and Conway are pretty funny sometimes though so that's kinda sad. I used to listen to 97.1 all the time when I was a pup
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:48 PM   #13580 (permalink)
Reign in Acai
Gnats before thy gums

I agree that Leykis is a total shitbag, I threw his name in there only because it's marquee. The true reason behind the crumbling of the format was revealed on the FHF, when Frank Kramer blurted out that CBS came to everyone to take a pay cut to keep the station afloat as advertiser revenue continues to spiral downward in this rough economy. Every host accepted to take a significant pay cut for the love of their station, profession, and all their co-workers who didn't have the benefit of a guaranteed contract. That is everyone, but Tom Leykis.

It boggles my mind that people adhere to this man's word as if he were a prophet.

A star has risen on northern skies
And on that star we'll be crucified

Old February 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM   #13581 (permalink)
Chromatose
child of the moon

a brief photo of my dinner for Moose to appreciate! (since the chump isn't on AIM)

HE'LL UNDERSTAND

For the full series, you'll have to check the nevermore board, you wacky forum you.
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:00 PM   #13582 (permalink)
MajestikMøøse
Membrum virile

HOT
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:48 PM   #13583 (permalink)
Chromatose
child of the moon

HOT in both the sexy and spicy burning way!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:30 PM   #13584 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

haha
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM   #13585 (permalink)
MFJ
Marksveldt

cant find the video game thread....

holy shit have any of you guys played FarCry2? i hadn't heard ANYTHING about this game until I saw a little feature for it on gamespot. i decided to read up and figured, "well, I like FPS games and 50 realtime kilometers of territory to roam sounds fun". amazon has this game for $60 (I think), but I somehow snagged it for $40 at BestBuy. this is probably the best 360 game i've ever played. Imagine Grand Theft Auto if it took place in Africa and it was in the first-person format. excellent gameplay, little to no glitches, a shitload of awesome weapons to unlock, seemingly unlimited missions.... definitely check this out if you like in-depth FPS games. this is no call of duty.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:00 PM   #13586 (permalink)
cthulufhtagn
stop. just....stop.

four days unemployed and i already feel like a worthless sack of shit. probably because all i've done is drink, watch movies and not finish any artwork i've started. bah.
Actually I like new Metallica because everytime I think of a band that broke up / died / got shafted too early, I used to think "oh man, just think of how awesome they could've been after like 4 more albums," but now I just think "die young, handsome corpse, not Metallica."
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM   #13587 (permalink)
MFJ
Marksveldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulufhtagn View Post
four days unemployed and i already feel like a worthless sack of shit. probably because all i've done is drink, watch movies and not finish any artwork i've started. bah.
you should go on AIM more
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM   #13588 (permalink)
Thanatopsis123
白鬼

Well, since that interview of mine went so incredibly poorly (and cost me some $600-700) I need to start looking at other options pretty quick here. Some friends offered me a job in Kansas City with them. But I'm not too sure how much I like the idea of working with friends. It has a number of pros and cons. Anyone done it before? Good idea, best idea, or horrible idea?

By the way, I'd kind of be like their supervisor.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM   #13589 (permalink)
lurch70

worst idea ever
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM   #13590 (permalink)
Chromatose
child of the moon

Cadbury Orange Creme eggs are wicked delicious. way to go, easter
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM   #13591 (permalink)
Conspicuously Absent
Linguistically Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
cant find the video game thread....

holy shit have any of you guys played FarCry2?
Yeah, repeating itself over and over and over, I got 50% of the way through and had about 4 "Types" of missions repeated 59729572985725 times.

6/10.

Pretty, but not replayable/etc. I kept it for the fun of burning and shooting until I got deadspace and DoW2.
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #13592 (permalink)
Conspicuously Absent
Linguistically Confused

consumers....
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #13593 (permalink)
neal
wizard in black

brilliant! the onion rules.

Drop out of Life with Bong in Hand

Follow the Smoke toward the Riff filled Land
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #13594 (permalink)
dorian gray

Ninety-five percent of music downloads are illegal. NINETY-FIVE PERCENT. In China, the world leaders in all things bullshit, it's estimated to be a healthy 99%.
Thumbs down to you losers who download music.
today at work a U2 song came on the rock station, so i said "fuck this shit" and walked over to the radio and changed it to the classic rock station, and they were playing a newer U2 song. you win this one, radio bastards.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #13595 (permalink)
Hell Mike
fuck melodic black metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian gray View Post
Ninety-five percent of music downloads are illegal. NINETY-FIVE PERCENT. In China, the world leaders in all things bullshit, it's estimated to be a healthy 99%.
Thumbs down to you losers who *** download music.
*** illegaly

I'm just a rock'n'roll nigger
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #13596 (permalink)
Thanatopsis123
白鬼

God damnit. We can't let the Chinese win.
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #13597 (permalink)
Conspicuously Absent
Linguistically Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeceiver View Post
QWhere the fuck is th edammit 'm, drunk threa. This is ridiculous, my friens ended up buyingme rolundsand I have I fucked TEST tojmorow in my MORDERN CHINEE HISTORY CLASS. Can you belive this fucking shit/>?! So now I', completely wasted and I have this fucking test. Whatr the fuck. I hate booze. Fuck mylie!!!!!!! I'm going to bed everyopne, good night!
I had my best test result the morning after coming home in a similar state. Despite asking the teacher to turn the lights off because they were loud
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #13598 (permalink)
lurch70

oh the irony of this Grand Wizard's last name being Black

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/26/hat...ort/index.html
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #13599 (permalink)
cthulufhtagn
stop. just....stop.

fuck yes little dudes
Actually I like new Metallica because everytime I think of a band that broke up / died / got shafted too early, I used to think "oh man, just think of how awesome they could've been after like 4 more albums," but now I just think "die young, handsome corpse, not Metallica."
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #13600 (permalink)
Krilons Resa
High Infidelity

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK