RC  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > RC
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (9) Thread Tools
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #21526 (permalink)
Vittra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Mike View Post
Saw Nifelheim last night, awesome. Also: Always impressed by the bassplaying of mr Tyrant

(vid from some other gig but the dude filming stood in front of the bass most of the time)
AWWWWWW YEAH
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #21527 (permalink)
NAD
Beardless Mystic

Quote:
Saw Nifelheim last night, awesome. Also: Always impressed by the bassplaying of mr Tyrant

(vid from some other gig but the dude filming stood in front of the bass most of the time)
Quote:
NAD and others should watch the nifelbass I posted earlier and also consider that he does way kooler+better stuff, but that was a very youtuby clip with loads of bass and not so much of the rest
That was awesome, and a shining example what bass in metal should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by refraction View Post
That thing looks pretty badass! Ever try a Devi Ever or a Dwarfcraft Devices? Also, if you ever do start building your own, check this site: http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/index.php
Thanks for the link! Speaking of that stuff:

http://buildyourownclone.com/
http://www.freestompboxes.org/
http://www.diystompboxes.com/
http://www.beavisaudio.com/

I've had some Devi stuff, but not Dwarfcraft. I've been wanting a HAX for some time but haven't picked one up yet. I have a lot of respect for the Crafters of Dwarf, if only for this video alone:

Old November 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #21528 (permalink)
dorian gray

hahaha I lol'd the entire 1:24
today at work a U2 song came on the rock station, so i said "fuck this shit" and walked over to the radio and changed it to the classic rock station, and they were playing a newer U2 song. you win this one, radio bastards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #21529 (permalink)
refraction

Fucking awesome links! Thanks
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #21530 (permalink)
Dick Sirloin
please... stay safe

I am at a parent-teacher conference from 12-7pm and I've had two students drop by so far and I am BORED SHITLESS!!!!1
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #21531 (permalink)
dorian gray

I just got done running and Im heading straight to parent-teacher conferences pouring sweat.
today at work a U2 song came on the rock station, so i said "fuck this shit" and walked over to the radio and changed it to the classic rock station, and they were playing a newer U2 song. you win this one, radio bastards.
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #21532 (permalink)
Dick Sirloin
please... stay safe

See you in a bit
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #21533 (permalink)
dorian gray

Haha that would be awesome if you were my sons teacher.

Uhh....kinda?
Old November 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #21534 (permalink)
dorian gray

What age group do you teach again? I can't remember. I want to say it's high school freshmen.
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #21535 (permalink)
Dick Sirloin
please... stay safe

10th and 11th graders, and the worst of the worst at that
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #21536 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
Butt drippage

band practice, we played...
Hammerfall - Let the Hammer fall
Yngwie - I'll see the light Tonight
and Iron Maiden - Aces High

Still dont have all the words memorized, but Im tearing through this shit like a nig on a white girl
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #21537 (permalink)
Dick Sirloin
please... stay safe

Facebook

On November 9th I want to express my thankfulness for the animals in my life. When I was just a young lad my Grandmother Teague had a German Shepard named Penny and when she had pups she gave me one i named Tory. Tory followed me everywhere I went and protected me from all the harms a country boy could face. From snakes to my friends trying to tackle me in pasture football. She would follow me in every round I made while plowing with the tractor. Since her I've had many more pets, each one just as faithful, protectful and each offered unconditional love no matter my mood or actions. For those of you who know me you realize my mind often stretches the bounds of normalcy so my next thought may not surprise you. When I think of my relationship with God I can equate it somewhat with my relationship to my pets. God has never failed to love me unconditionally no matter my mood or actions. He has protected me from harm, guided me when lost and he has always been faithful staying with me when I felt all alone. Next time your dog nuzzles your hand or your cat rubs against your leg I hope that you are reminded of God and how He protects you, is always faithful and unconditionally loves you!

....but if you fuck up too much, he's sending your ass to HELL

Also, "protectful." This was one of my HS teachers.
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #21538 (permalink)
Reign in Acai
Gnats before thy gums

Uhhh, who gives a shit about anything facebook related?

A star has risen on northern skies
And on that star we'll be crucified

Old November 9th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #21539 (permalink)
KILL TULLY

God damnit, getting the itch to return to work. That's a good thing but the 'god damnit' is because it sure is annoying sitting around when you want to get back overseas.

Old November 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #21540 (permalink)
Dick Sirloin
please... stay safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign in Acai View Post
Uhhh, who gives a shit about anything facebook related?
Liberals
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #21541 (permalink)
thebaron

I know we got a bunch of New Englanders on here. Anyone going to Suffocation on Sunday?
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #21542 (permalink)
KILL TULLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaron View Post
I know we got a bunch of New Englanders on here. Anyone going to Suffocation on Sunday?
Probably me because it's right down the street from my house and my pals are in Abnormality and Sexcrement. I went to freakin' Six Feet Under the other night at the Middle East just to drink with some of my friends, hah.

But it's also Veterans day so I might be doing stuff for that instead, depending on what's going on.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #21543 (permalink)
thebaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILL TULLY View Post
Probably me because it's right down the street from my house and my pals are in Abnormality and Sexcrement. I went to freakin' Six Feet Under the other night at the Middle East just to drink with some of my friends, hah.

But it's also Veterans day so I might be doing stuff for that instead, depending on what's going on.
Right on, I'll be making the journey south with a few amigos for it. What's the policy on smoking weed in the venue? I haven't seen the inside of the Middle East in at least 6 years, it was always fine before though.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #21544 (permalink)
KILL TULLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaron View Post
Right on, I'll be making the journey south with a few amigos for it. What's the policy on smoking weed in the venue? I haven't seen the inside of the Middle East in at least 6 years, it was always fine before though.
Smelled some ganja the other night, but I would definitely not recommend it at all, haha. It's not like that anymore, they are fairly strict with...everything. SFU was the first show in months were I didn't get patted down and told to empty my pockets, etc. which also includes smelling of my cigarettes to check for ganja.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #21545 (permalink)
thebaron

Quote:
Smelled some ganja the other night, but I would definitely not recommend it at all, haha. It's not like that anymore, they are fairly strict with...everything. SFU was the first show in months were I didn't get patted down and told to empty my pockets, etc. which also includes smelling of my cigarettes to check for ganja.
Damn , it was easier to smoke in venues before Mass decriminalized it. Well, it's a 40 min drive, plenty of time to redden my eyes before hand. Thanks for the heads up.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #21546 (permalink)
einride
mřrkt var om natta

Old November 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #21547 (permalink)
Johanna
merciless DEATH

Quote:
God damnit, getting the itch to return to work. That's a good thing but the 'god damnit' is because it sure is annoying sitting around when you want to get back overseas.
Go overseas for this http://www.houseofmetal.se/ and deliver my camerathingy! YES!

Let me tell you of the days of high adventure...
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #21548 (permalink)
thebaron

Suffocation and Totality killed. Unfortunately missed everyone else due to heavy drinking before hand.
Old November 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #21549 (permalink)
lurch70

Spent the last couple of days at Rockaway Beach. Yesterday to look around for the first time and today to help a friend work on a house he owns that has 4 different tenants. Fucking disaster this area is. My beloved beach is trashed. I think every single car on the island is a total loss and litter streets everywhere you go and look.
The cleanup will take years but my initial feeling is to try to help right now and be part of its future.

Not sure if any of you guys have ever been to areas affected by natural disasters but it's nothing that a photo or video can really capture properly. It was my first time and its something I will never forget.
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #21550 (permalink)
dorian gray

My hometown has been through three tornados in recent history, one of which nearly wiped it clean. I feel for you