Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Zine > Reviews

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Valentein

I know that it's not cool to like In Flames anymore (at least in the eyes of some moronic metal heads), but I just dont' give a fuck. Come Clarity is immensely better than STYE. It's catchy as hell and it's fun to listen too. It's not pop. It's not emo. It's not metal core. It's In Flames in 2006. They're not going to write another Whoracle, and no one should expect them to do so. But they've managed to find the mix of aggressiveness and melody of old and for me this album is DEFINITELY a keeper.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 13th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
falocify
Custom User Title

good for you. i have been honestly trying to like the album, i just dont.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Powers
Good Morning USA!

I agree with what a lot of people have said, it's not their best work. But we should probably face facts, they're never going to produce another Clayman or Whoracle (or even Colony for that matter). For starters it kicks the arse off "Soundtrack to Your Escape" and that all i wanted it to do, anything more is a bonus. A lot of it's relaltivley standard, but you have to admit there are a few stand out tracks on it, mine would be Dead End, Leeches and the frankly stunning Crawl Through Knives, best song they've made since System on Reroute. I think it's a genuinley good album, yes i expect better from In Flames and they need to step up their game, but i see this as a sign of a second revival.
Old January 24th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Felicia

If you want to se new pictures of In Flames, Please check out http://www.metalnyheter.se/metalgodi...d_20060121.htm

Cheers Felicia
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
falocify
Custom User Title

i am a fan for life, as long as they dont go all metallica and start some lawsuits on their fans, simply for the music they have created that does kick ass.

nuff said
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Rocking Metalaholic
Rocking Metalaholic

my In Flames - Come Clarity cd review

Musicianship: 10
Atmosphere: 10
Production: 10
Originality: 8
Overall: 9

1. Take This Life - 12/10
2. Leeches - 10/10
3. Reflect the Storm - 12/10
4. Dead End - 8/10
5. Scream - 7/10
6. Come Clarity - 11/10
7. Vacuum - 12/10
8. Pacing Death's Trail - 8/10
9. Crawl Through Knives - 12/10
10. Versus Terminus - 8/10
11. Our Infinite Struggle - 10/10
12. Vanishing Light - 9/10
13.Your Bedtime Story is Scaring Everyone - 8/10

Come Clarity is a return to form for In Flames, they haven't completely abandoned their new musical touches; much of this album balances heavy stuff with delicate melody. The album begins "Take This Life," which is bursting at the seems with fast drumming and fiery riffs. "Scream" is an appropriately named track, because frontman Anders Friden screams in a very angry tone throughout, while the guitarists Bjorn Gelotte and Jesper Stromblad provide awesome riffs. The walloping "Pacing Death's Trail," "Crawl Through Knives", the scorching "Versus Terminus," and the pounding "Vanishing Light" are a few other brutal tracks. The cd has more singles for second or more music videos like "Leeches", "Reflect the Storm", "Crawl Through Knives", & the ballad "Come Clarity" than the last 2 cds.
Old February 14th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Conspirator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
YBut were they disasters? No. They still kicked the shit outta 99% of the bands out there.

Quote:
But "Come Clarity" should settle the question once and for all as to the No.1 most influential and prestigous band in the death metal realm today.
Old February 15th, 2006, 06:59 AM   #33 (permalink)
Mitton
The Geordie

Quote:
But "Come Clarity" should settle the question once and for all as to the No.1 most influential and prestigous band in the death metal realm today.
It cant be possible for somebody to think that, it is utter bollocks and if you think that your view on music is very diverse they can barely even be called death metal since the catastrophe that was Reroute and Soundtrack maybe they are redeming themselves with Come Clarity but the have a long way to go.
Old February 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
GONE Ridin' Hood
Professor.

In Flames is dead. The new album is some kind of emo-metalcore shit. IF is soooooo dead. . Which is a pity, because once they were a pretty fucking amazing band. But not anymore.

This album is definetly better than STYE, but it still SUCKS. Big time. It's worse than hearing COB'a AYDY?. And that's saying A LOT.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 12:24 AM   #35 (permalink)
filthydani666

People who think that this album is good, they have absolutely no clue what "good music" is

Clayman is still their best album