Saxon  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Unofficial / Extra / Archived Forums > Saxon
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 1st, 2005, 02:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
midnightrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxoman
I didn't go to that gig but I used to have the poster for that gig up on my bedroom wall! If I remember right is was something to do with a bikers bash?
Yes all the security was done by the hells angels,it was a good day, the weather was good too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
SAXONIZED
Made In Yorkshire

Bert – Most people assume No Sleep…….. was recorded at Hammersmith , so we play a part in Metal history , recorded live at Leeds 28/03/1981.The tour was also billed “The Pain in the Neck Tour” because Drummer Phil Taylor has just recovered from a broken neck, falling down a set of stairs . I saw Rainbow , Whitesnake, and Black Sabbath (with Dio) there also, but one of my biggest regrets is not going to the Lizzy gig through lack of funds.

The Leeds Arena complex looks great thanks for the link.

Midnight rider – You had to suffer Lightning Raiders also bad luck mate!

Paxoman – Yeah Hackney was a Bikers bash, I think some of the proceeds were given in support of The Hells Angels.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXONIZED
Bert – Most people assume No Sleep…….. was recorded at Hammersmith , so we play a part in Metal history , recorded live at Leeds 28/03/1981.The tour was also billed “The Pain in the Neck Tour” because Drummer Phil Taylor has just recovered from a broken neck, falling down a set of stairs . I saw Rainbow , Whitesnake, and Black Sabbath (with Dio) there also, but one of my biggest regrets is not going to the Lizzy gig through lack of funds.

The Leeds Arena complex looks great thanks for the link.

Midnight rider – You had to suffer Lightning Raiders also bad luck mate!

Paxoman – Yeah Hackney was a Bikers bash, I think some of the proceeds were given in support of The Hells Angels.
I remember now, Philthy was being carried in a 'firemans lift' and whoever it was that was carrying him dropped him and he broke his neck. It's all coming back to me! That's some memory you have there Saxonized!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
SAXONIZED
Made In Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwar

I now think I may be a Spring Chicken on this Forum - Weirdly, my birthday is next week, May 3rd. I'm going to be 33! Aggghhhhh!!!!

Happy Birthday to you Nightwar, now you are in the older gits club, i hope you got that set of Dominos for a birthday present. We can all meet up ,have a quiet game in some pub corner just like old gits do, then make are way down to the gig and show the young uns` we NWOBHM boys still ROCK!!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
nightwar

Cheers, Saxonized - obviously my Birthday bash ended up as a two-day blur!
Feeling better now,though!!

Yep, I got the dominoes in the post, thanks! I got some old Dudes at my local how to play the damned things!

But, of course, it is all for the best. Like you said, we can meet up at a quiet little country pub and play a game of dominoes before we get on the specially arranged 'Saxon Gig' bus. You know the one - where there is wheelchair access at the back!
Best thing of all - we can have front row seats for us disabled people!!

I also think that, similiar to the Queen, Biff should send us a personal letter when we hit 50! You know, something like: 'Glad you're still alive and you made it through the Sex, Drugs, Alcohol and Rock 'N' Roll. Keep the Metal alive etc etc... Signed Biff'

And, Saxonized, my Good Man - you are sooooooo right! We NWOBHM boys ROCK!!!

We'd show those darned youngsters a thing or two, eh?!!!
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

....Every time i see the title of this thread i can't help but smile.....If there is an award for best thread title then "Whose Cheese and Tomato Sandwich" for sure gets my vote!!!
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
nightwar

Yeah - and the mystery still remains...
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

I remember i was at donington a few years ago now, and some idiot who i used to be friends with got hit square in the head by huge milk carton thing filled with lager (or maybe it was piss?) il never know who threw that... but id shake his hand and buy him a pint!

.....He looked like he was gonna cry! lmfao!

Old May 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
nightwar

Nice!
It just had to be piss!

Your old mate may have said it was lager, but I bet it was the evacuation fluid of the bladder! After all, who would drink lovely alcahol from a milk carton? But, if required, it would be a definate candidate to be pissed in when things get desperate!!

Kind of the same colour, you know...
Old May 10th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

Quote:
Nice!
It just had to be piss!
......who would drink lovely alcahol from a milk carton?
And who would throw away lovely alcohol !!!
Old May 10th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
SAXONIZED
Made In Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanx
....Every time i see the title of this thread i can't help but smile.....If there is an award for best thread title then "Whose Cheese and Tomato Sandwich" for sure gets my vote!!!

Cheers Valanx you don`t think the bread`s getting stale yet?

Oh by the way, that milk carton, it was piss a cola
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

Quote:
Cheers Valanx you don`t think the bread`s getting stale yet?

Oh by the way, that milk carton, it was piss a cola
It will never become stale mate! We all have our own cheese and tomato sandwich stories to tell.....Mine, was just in the form of piss in a milk carton!
lol
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:02 AM   #38 (permalink)
Risquit

Quote:
Nice!
It just had to be piss!

Kind of the same colour, you know...
Reminds me of my favorite beer joke.

You know why beer goes through you so fast?

It doesn't have to change color on the way down.

Ok, didn't say it was a good joke...just my favorite
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
nightwar

Riscuit - LOL! So that explains why beer has that effect on me!!
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risquit
Reminds me of my favorite beer joke.

You know why beer goes through you so fast?

It doesn't have to change color on the way down.
Yeah i guess that explains it for me too !!! lol !
Old June 3rd, 2005, 02:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Cindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanx
It does make me hungry ... but it gets my vote, too!!!
When I was taking an online class on teaching topics relating to biology, there was a thread that was titled, "What's the scoop on poop?" I thought that was pretty funny!
Old June 5th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #42 (permalink)
nightwar

LOL!
Just the words 'poop' and 'scoop' bring a smile to my face!

Maybe we can use this name for a thread that relates to modern music news - you know, 'Scoop On The Poop - Britney Spears records new song at her trailer park, J Lo admits she's just a lard-arse, Paris Hilton explains what her input does for mankind etc. etc. etc.'!!
Old June 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

Warms my heart to see my favourite thread sill going strong!!

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Cindi

Nightwar---I have to agree that there is lots of poop out there ... I'll be ready to share when you start the thread.
Laters,
Cindi
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

Quote:
Paris Hilton explains what her input does for mankind
Every time i see the name Paris Hilton i think of 'house of wax' when she is brutally impaled through her empty skull...Makes me feel all warm inside
Old June 16th, 2005, 05:11 AM   #46 (permalink)
SAXONIZED
Made In Yorkshire

Hello all, just about to leave for the Motorhead / Saxon / Girlschool show at London tonight. If any other forum members going i will get the first round of drinks in, as i've said before i'm easily recognised, standing at the bar with my "Lionheart" t shirt on, with a bloody cheese and tomato sandwich running down my face!!!

See you there, united, as we -
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
princess_of_the_night2112
Goddess of Metal

Quote:
Hello all, just about to leave for the Motorhead / Saxon / Girlschool show at London tonight.
Have a superb night my friend, I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there. That is one tasty heavy metal menu - Motorhead, Girlschool and Saxon. Saxon and Girlschool rooooooooooool - and yes I have been in the pub since 11am this morning!!!! I have to wait till Nov 7th to see the mighty Motorhead and Girlschool - lets hope they bring the mindblowing Saxon along to Glasgow with them.
Old June 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
nightwar

Have a great night, Saxonized! That is such a great selection of Metal - Amazing!!

Regarding the Cheese & Tomato sandwich situation - maybe this could become a Saxon institution? Fans attending the gig could bring along the sarnies and eat them during the wait for Biff. But the support act will be very aware that the sarnies are out there so they will ensure a good act... otherwise...!!! You'd also be able to spot a Saxon Forum fan a mile off! You know, sarnie in hand with tomoto juice running down their chin!!
Old June 16th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #49 (permalink)
valanx
Room of Angel

Quote:
Hello all, just about to leave for the Motorhead / Saxon / Girlschool show at London tonight. If any other forum members going i will get the first round of drinks in, as i've said before i'm easily recognised, standing at the bar with my "Lionheart" t shirt on, with a bloody cheese and tomato sandwich running down my face!!!

See you there, united, as we -
Have an awesome time mate! lmao@sandwich btw!
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
SAXONIZED
Made In Yorkshire

I thought i caught the cheese and tomato flinger last night when i attended a local band gig. On closer inspection it was a jet propelled chicken and balti pie.

So everybody stay vigilant "The Flinger" is still at large.