Shroud of Bereavement  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Shroud of Bereavement
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
kleo706

Next show you're going to (and why)

Sometimes, knowing what shows your like-minded buddies are hitting can help you find a killer gig to attend. Others it will mislead as your chums are in it for wine or women that hold no interest. So let's all share what gigs we're hitting and be upfront about why.

July 15: Woods of Ypres @ Ralph's in Worcester
Frozen is opening. There's heckling to be done. Plus I like some of Woods' back catalog and it's not like they tour out this way every other week.

August 1: Idina Menzel w/ the Boston Pops somewhere on Cape Cod
Idina was badass in Rent, Wicked, and Glee. Plus the missus had a birthday, the gig benefits an arts society, and tickets were half the cost of any other shows on the tour.

August 14: Slayer, Megadeth, and Testament
I had tickets to see TesTamenT before I could drive and my ride forced me out before they came on so I've felt like a tool for many, many years. Also in celebration of it being 20 years since "Seasons in the Abyss" and "Rust in Peace," Slayer and Megadeth are playing their respective albums in entirety. Figured it was a good chance to see Megadave and Slayer before someone indespensible cripples themself and the bands split.

Kleo - ruining one feature at a time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
OPETH_DT

I know someone who is in Frozen. I will have to keep that in mind.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

may hit up the woy and slayer/megadeth shows. Id like to see woy, never have, but being a thursday, not so sure ill make it. Slayer, well, They rock live.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
kleo706

@Tom: Everybody knows someone in Frozen. Used to play six degrees of Colin Conway. Worked even at screenings of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

@Dan: Yeah. To make matters even more br00tal on you laborers, WoY is headlining. I'm personally going to bring some stuff up to the fiancee's place 15-20 from the venue next couple weekends then just crash there for the night.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

Nice man, thats metal Thursday?

Old June 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
kleo706

Yep. July 15 is a Thursday. Would love to be all "pre-party wooo" but since work lets out at 9:30 90 minutes away... not happening.

I might be going to a blues gig in Everett, MA tomorrow. The 11:00 act's drummer is a train buddy. I'm guessing it's at THE place for blues in Everett since he neglected to give me a name. Or specify which band is playing.

Old June 27th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
black_alyka
Aly Blacktears

Gwydion (Portugalia – Viking/Pagan Metal), Northland (Spania –Viking/Melodic Death Metal), Ava Inferi (Portugalia - Gothic/Doom Metal), Ashes You Leave ( Croaţia - Gothic/Doom Meta), Eisheilig (Germania - Gothic Metal), Omega Lithium (Croaţia - Gothic Metal), Bucovina (Romānia - Folk Metal), Bucium (Romānia - Folk Metal), Concept Insomnia (Germania - Progressive Metal), Tiarra (Romānia - Gothic Metal), Inopia (Romānia - Symphonic Epic Metal), Shesdead (Romānia - Death Metal), Negative Core (Romānia - Death Metal), Hyperborea (Bulgaria - Death Metal), Funebre (Ungaria - Black Metal).
(Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Shesdead, Negative Core, Kistvaen, Concept, Insomnia, Funebre, Hyperborea, Negura Bunget, Inopia, Tiarra, Abigail, Omega Lithium, Einsheilig, Ava Inferi, Ashes You Leave, Bucium, Bucovina, Gwydion, Northland.)

Do I have to explain why?
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

Damn, That fest looks awesome Aly!

Old June 27th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
black_alyka
Aly Blacktears

Hell yeah, also motorcyles parades, contests, right in the middle of nowhere, The Carpathian Mountains. What should be more lovely?
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

I wish I could go to this with you

Old June 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
black_alyka
Aly Blacktears

Awww, I got free ticket for this show From that night when I performed your song
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

cool. Maybe if you are here for our show, you can guest sing Rose

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
kleo706

If she does, I'll hop up and guest flute Rose.

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
kleo706

Or given that I'd have to carry the flute for about 2 miles, explain why it's at my desk every 45 minutes, have someone hint that they want me to score their flim for free, and just generally make my day annoying/lame I'll pantomime playing the violin.

Old July 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

Ha ha ha ha Greg lol.

Old July 19th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
kleo706

I've actually seriously been working on the clean bit in While We Mourn. Really hit a major breakthrough last night.

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

I want to hear Kleo, you can come sing this on stage!

Next show for me is Agolloch and the Woods/SOB show

Old February 15th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
kleo706

I am debating the Agalloch but am not quite sure how I'd make it home afterwards. Parking here goes for $20.00 most of the time. Then you figure either $0.00 or $20.00 for the venue. Only way I can see affording it is if the guy I used to work for in the band isn't using the revisionist history in which he's never heard of me anymore.
So far as hopping the stage goes, I'm not really opposed. Just bear in mind I sound like a goat and have a memory for lyrics matched only by rotting garbage.

Old February 16th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
black_alyka
Aly Blacktears

Nadja (CANADA, Experimental/ ambient/ doom metal)
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
darkenedsoul
Darkened Soul

Hopefully I will go to see Hate at Rocko's in Manchester middle of March. I think the 12th is the date of the show, forget who else is on it atm but one other is worth going to see imho.
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

I may go to a show this weekend, Hate the band, but honestly, need to get out and hang with people like me. Think it's Fintroll.

Old February 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
black_alyka
Aly Blacktears

Finntroll ? You? I thought you dont like them lol
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
dan of bereavement
shroud of bereavement

They suck, but Im bored and itching to hang out with like minded peope

Old February 27th, 2011, 02:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
black_alyka
Aly Blacktears

Well, hope you'll have fun
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
kleo706

We're in theory like minded people but we never hang. We should totally make a hair braiding date!