Spastic Ink/Watchtower  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Spastic Ink/Watchtower
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
ACRONYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedium Vitae
Gildamere: Correct. If you haven't heard Destroy Erase Improve or Chaosphere, you haven't heard Meshuggah. Still, many people need to listen to them a bunch of times before realizing how goddamn groovy it is (unless it's clearly not something for them). If it matters (shouldn't really) I seem to recall Bobby J. once saying that Chaosphere is his favourite album.
Any ideas as to where I could procure a copy of Sol Niger Within?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
Taedium Vitae

You can still get the original (and sadly, inferior) version from Morgan Ågren (the drummer) himself. www.morganagren.com

The best version, v3.33, is difficult to find. It pops up on eBay now and then but for exorbitant prices. You might get lucky and find it in a bin somewhere...

If you ask me, v.33 is much much better.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 20th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Leonardo_codev

Answering the topic question, I got into Spastic Ink because of Bobby Jarzombek (great drummer). I was a fan of Halford, Bobby played in the band and I play drums. One day when checking out his site, I saw a new message saying that Ink Compatible had been released and that there were some mp3's on the official Spastic Ink site. I downloaded "Aquanet" and thought it was pretty cool. Musically, I didn't really pay attention to it until later on.
Some months ago, I decided to make a tab of Aquanet and only then did I realize the theorical complexity of the music. Interesting to see the different opinions.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
ACRONYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedium Vitae
You can still get the original (and sadly, inferior) version from Morgan Ågren (the drummer) himself. www.morganagren.com

The best version, v3.33, is difficult to find. It pops up on eBay now and then but for exorbitant prices. You might get lucky and find it in a bin somewhere...

If you ask me, v.33 is much much better.
Thanks for the advice. I'll check every local record store for 3.33.

-ACRONYM
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
Bobby_Blunt

Music theory reply!

I don't know many people who have heard about spastic ink, or similar bands that are extremly abstract! Personally I've only heard spastic which are so incredibly technical! I've listened alot to Dream Theater too, and to the guy who said that ain't Prog.music, your'e wrong man! They're definitively a prog band! They just play traditional melodic in most off their songs! But to the reply! Off course music theory helps one understand the complexity off the music! And playing an instrument yourself offcourse helps one understand what the band is doing helps and appreciate the difficulties the musicians have gone through to reach such a superior level of technic skills! F.eks Ron's fantastic licks or Bobby amazing drumsolos, and ostinates all the same! Knowing the little theory I know, and listening to spastic has certainly helped me understand that there's a LOOOONG way to perfection and spastic helps me get there! Prog on people! We cant let music like this die out!