Spastic Ink/Watchtower  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Spastic Ink/Watchtower
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
CSebastian
Psychiatic Treatment

Question what's about the R_Jarzombek's upcoming guitar instructional DVDs?

When will be available the RJ's guitar instructional DVDs?
I can't wait anymore to enjoy this material...It will be a masterpiece by sure...
someone has something to tell us about it?

Last edited by CSebastian : March 11th, 2009 at 07:08 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
ronjarz

The DVDs are still in the works. They first took a back seat to the Blotted Science recordings/distribution/promotion, and now I'm spending lots of of time on WATCHTOWER (writing/recording/production). Putting together the DVDs has been a lot more work than what I originally thought (far more involved than just an audio recording) and is taking quite a bit of time to complete. Most guitar instructional DVDs are some guitarist sitting in his bedroom with a computer monitor and bookshelves in the background playing the same cliché licks that we all have seen on every other guitar DVD. I’m doing a full production based on theory with lots of playing with in-depth theoretical explanations, how I use various writing tools, lots of animated things moving around to get theoretical ideas across, unconventional close-up camera angles, etc.. Lots of re-learning and practicing parts that have been played over the past decade (on SPASTIC INK, solo, and the BLOTTED SCIENCE CDs), learning video software, learning DVD authoring software, I built two new guitars because I didn't like how my old guitars looked on video (and fingers look great against a black fingerboard), etc... It goes on and on...

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/RonJarzombek09Guitars.jpg

Ron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
homerometal

god damnit, assasin guitars... where do you learn to build your own guitar ron? or you send the planes to a luthier?

and, please, include subtitles in spanish on the DVD, that would be awesome
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
NeverMarty
Awaiting Mathematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjarz View Post
The DVDs are still in the works. They first took a back seat to the Blotted Science recordings/distribution/promotion, and now I'm spending lots of of time on WATCHTOWER (writing/recording/production).
You just got me stoked again, Ron!

I'd love to get my hands on a copy or two of the DVD, but Mathematics would make my metal year, even if it's 2010. Looking forward to updates after the weekend - and hoping it doesn't turn out like the Ides Of March did for a certain Julius whose last name was "dutchified" into Doug's last name (Keyser). Best of luck to all you guys this weekend!
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
PerennialQuest1349

Quote:
I'm spending lots of of time on WATCHTOWER (writing/recording/production).

Ron

can't wait!

all the following:
Chuck Schuldiner
Jason Becker
Steve Vai
Josh Christian
Ron Jarzombek
Allan Holdsworth
Paul Masvidal
John McLaughlin
Kurt Bachman
Alex Machacek
Tony MacAlpine
Jaco Pastorius
Doug Keyser
Sean Malone
Jeff Berlin
Bunny Brunel
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
rbd

last post was in March. any news on this yet?
Old August 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
ndrewoods
† Guitar Hero †

Quote:
The DVDs are still in the works. They first took a back seat to the Blotted Science recordings/distribution/promotion, and now I'm spending lots of of time on WATCHTOWER (writing/recording/production). Putting DVDs has been a lot more work than I originally thought (far more involved than just an audio recording) and is taking quite a bit of time to complete. Most play a guitar instructional DVDs are some guitarist sitting in his bedroom with a computer monitor and bookshelves in the background playing the same cliché licks that we all have seen on every other guitar DVD. I’m doing a full production based on theory with lots of playing with in-depth theoretical explanations, how I use various writing tools, lots of animated things moving around to get theoretical ideas across, unconventional close-up camera angles, etc.. Lots of re-learning and practicing parts that have been played over the past decade (on SPASTIC INK, solo, and the BLOTTED SCIENCE CDs), learning video software, learning DVD authoring software, I built two new guitars because I didn't like how my old guitars looked on video (and fingers look great against a black fingerboard), etc... It goes on and on...

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/RonJarzombek09Guitars.jpg

Ron
Cool ron. Can't wait to have a copy of this DVD. I guess completing the mechanics is really a bit hard.

Last edited by ndrewoods : August 21st, 2011 at 05:43 AM.