Spiral Architect  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Spiral Architect
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
b6player

Questions for mr Lars K. Norberg.

Hi, first of all mr norberg(i am shure that you hear this a lot) you are a bass genius , your work with spiral architect its just awsome , all of the members are just great great brilliant musicians.I am a bass player myself and when i grow up hahah i want to be as good as you . I know that if i want to be as good as you i have to practice and study a lot, but i was wondering what kind of exercises do you do? , what kind of advice can you give to all the bass players who admire you ? and i read in other tred that they asked you if reading music is an essential skill in the jazz /fussion genere and you said that if not essential,very close , i know that reading music is very important , im learning to read music , i know that its important and all , but its so damn boring and difficult , and its more difficult when you are used to tabs , but can you please give us a practical use for it , i mean ,why is so necessary , in your personal experience.Well , hope you can answer me , thanks a lot for your music!

Last edited by b6player : August 10th, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
FelixC

An answer for this question would be awesome...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
lars k norberg
musician

Sorry, but I'm ridiculously busy these days. I'll post an answer soon though.
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
lars k norberg
musician

Sorry for the late reply! And sorry for taking a short cut - but this nicely sums up what I'd have written anyway: http://www.studybass.com/lessons/rea...tation-vs-tab/

Last edited by lars k norberg : October 4th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rozeg
Meshuggah fan

I have quite an important question to Lars as a god of bass and composition.

Dear Lars, let's assume there's quite a few very young aspiring bass players around the world. They are your fans and they think that you have moved the world of fusion and metal to the new level. They would like to dedicate their lives to do the same thing you did - move it yet to a higher level.

What path would you chose these days if you were one of them? Would you consider self-development combined with the formal education? Would you take all that long way of formal education, taking into account the tremendous financial costs, and the need to spend a lot of time sometimes playing things that are maybe too simple or too boring to you?

Or maybe you would chose some alternative path. Like self-development enhanced with online education, private instructors, studying theory courses yourself and practicing on live jams and gigs only? With no formal education?