Sun Caged  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Sun Caged
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 24th, 2003, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
J!D

Question Show in Het Kasteel - time?

What's gonna be the deal in Alphen? What time will SC play? The last bus leaves at 0:09 so they better be done playing by then or else...

well, or else I'll probably won't come , which would suck.

JD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 24th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

Hi,

Marcel told me (on the zwaremetalen forum) that Amaran will play about 45 minutes and they about 1 hour and 15 minutes. So that means you can catch the last bus See you there

edit: correction

Last edited by SaTriaNi : October 24th, 2003 at 10:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sam027

is it close to the north of france?
Old October 25th, 2003, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

No, not exactly Than you can better go to the show in Tilburg. But still you have to drive a couple of hours to come here.
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam027

damn, instead I burnt 15 for a gothic nightclub in Waregem. The music was so crappy I still cant believe I burnt so much money there... I and ended being pissed off and leaving at midnight. Now that I know I could have seen SC, I feel fucked!
Old October 28th, 2003, 03:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
J!D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaTriaNi
Hi,

Marcel told me (on the zwaremetalen forum) that Amaran will play about 45 minutes and they about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
That would be nice...but knowing the Dutch club circuit (and Het Kasteel), the opening act will probably start at 22/22.30....I've been there before, to see LV and SC, and I remember we spent a lot of time waiting...
Well, not that it isn't worth it, of course.

J!D
Old October 28th, 2003, 04:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Havermout
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!D
That would be nice...but knowing the Dutch club circuit (and Het Kasteel), the opening act will probably start at 22/22.30....I've been there before, to see LV and SC, and I remember we spent a lot of time waiting...
Well, not that it isn't worth it, of course.

J!D
Yep, have to agree on that. Seen a lot of gigs in Het Kasteel (practically living next door) and it hardly happened that a show started before 22:00.

For once i'm really happy with that, since i'm out of town that day and gives me the chance to get back in time without offending my sister to leave too early from her birthday
Old October 28th, 2003, 05:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
J!D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havermout
Yep, have to agree on that. Seen a lot of gigs in Het Kasteel (practically living next door) and it hardly happened that a show started before 22:00.

For once i'm really happy with that, since i'm out of town that day and gives me the chance to get back in time without offending my sister to leave too early from her birthday
Well, I guess living next door to Het Kasteel is the only thing that's good about living in Alphen <evil grin>.
I saw LV some years ago and I had to leave before the show was over. I only have to get back to Leiden, but I'd hate taking some nightbus to Utrecht to take the night train, which would take up to 2,5 hours.
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

That would be really cool! Thanks!
Old October 28th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
ZHJ&T

Hey my brothas in Sun Caged!!!!

I hear you guys are killing and I had no doubts you would. Glad you guys are finally getting the goods coming your way.

Jasun/Zero Hour
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sam027

some dude from zero hour that I can catch, good thing!
I've been trying to get your music here in France, but nope, nothing... where? how?
Old October 29th, 2003, 04:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
mcoenen
Guitarist in Sun Caged

Hey Jasun, thanks a lot brother !!! Hope to see u guys soon again !

Marcel
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
ZHJ&T

We are distributed by Musea in France!!!!! www.musearecords.com Get in touch with them and you should be able to purchase a copy. Thanks so much for supporting.

Jasun/ZH
Old November 7th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redelijk
I'll try my best to convince the bookers that the bands start playing around 21:00 ok? Can't promise anything though...

D.
Already some news?
Old November 10th, 2003, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
progmetalfreak

Cool

well het kasteel is pretty odd somtimes, like saying you'd come but Dennis said it wasn't even really sure. and every concert at het kasteel seems to take place from 22:00 till 02:00, that four hours of playing. That's pretty long for a concert i think
Old November 11th, 2003, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
J!D

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmetalfreak
well het kasteel is pretty odd somtimes, like saying you'd come but Dennis said it wasn't even really sure. and every concert at het kasteel seems to take place from 22:00 till 02:00, that four hours of playing. That's pretty long for a concert i think
What's your point, exactly? Personally, I think it's dumb to start a concert at 10 (or even later...) when you're advertising it's gonna be at 9pm, no matter how long the show is. Especially in a "in the middle of nowhere" place like Alphen, where you basically have to leave at midnight if you have to rely on public transportation...

Allright, I'll quit whining about this...let's hope it'll be a great evening
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

But it's still not clear how late it is going to start.... I mean, if I am there at 8 o clock and it starts at 10...
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
mcoenen
Guitarist in Sun Caged

we are waiting on details from the booker, if we have them you will have them too, just wait for the times.

Greets, Marcel
Old November 11th, 2003, 02:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

Ok
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

Too bad. It's quite late, but i'm still coming
Old November 15th, 2003, 07:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

maybe a bit stupid question but: Where can I buy tickets for the concert?
Old November 15th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

Ok thanks see you there
Old November 16th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Havermout
Focused

Like Dennis said you can get your ticket at the venue.

There's no presale for this gig so you pay at the entrance.

Only EUR 5,- so besides seeing two great bands, this must be the second best reason to show up in Alphen for anybody who would like to have a great evening.

see ya Saturday!
Old November 21st, 2003, 10:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
SaTriaNi

I hope I can be there. Because i'm 14 years old (I know i'm very young ) it's possible that I can not come in the venue Oh it would suck if that happened.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
julio

Hi there,

I'm coming to Het Kasteel very often and I can say it's pretty relaxed the concerts don't start at nine. You have some time to get to Het Kasteel and to get a drink and relaxe with some good music by the DJ's. The DJ's are specially selected to fit the music of the concert, so it will bring you in the right mood.
So I don't understand what all the talk is about, you really don't want them to start at nine because before you know it the lights go on and you standing outside in the cold. Make it a nice evening, listen to some music, get a great concert and go home setisfied.

So the doors open at 21u, and Amaran start at 22:15u. That gives you some time when your train is delaid or when you have birthday before the concert. And when everybody is in, the metal can begin.

Everybody, have fun tonight!